If you could only own ONE headphone forever, it would be _____?
Feb 7, 2010 at 10:42 AM Post #61 of 195
Another vote for the K1000's. I've heard most of the top end headphones and settled on a pair of these, i needed a pair of dynamic, detailed, realistic headphones. With a forward presentation and great imaging. The bass is fantastic when amped well, im very happy and can see myself sticking with these for a long time

Feb 8, 2010 at 12:40 AM Post #66 of 195
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylab /img/forum/go_quote.gif
...So for now my answer is JVC DX1000.

And if open/closed had been allowed as a consideration factor, the DX1000 would have been my answer regardless - since I must first and foremost have a closed headphone.

I've heard O2 and damn they're good but I need closed. DX1000 it is for me.

Feb 8, 2010 at 6:10 AM Post #67 of 195
Right now I would have to say the LA7000. It seems to do great in all the different geners I listen to. A lot of headphones are good at rock but nut classical etc,etc. Its a great all around contender which allows me to listen to all types of music enjoyably.

Feb 8, 2010 at 6:32 AM Post #68 of 195
since i havent heard my dream phones, the O2's, ill have to vote for my JH-13's
biggrin.gif

though i hope to hear them at the NYC meet in march!!

Feb 8, 2010 at 6:45 AM Post #69 of 195
Quote:

Originally Posted by bowraboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
DT250.

DT250-80 or DT250-250?
smily_headphones1.gif

I have to agree, though, DT250 if not Realistic Pro 30, if it has to be portable and potentially ampless as well.

If i never needed isolation I'd say Koss ESP/950.

Feb 8, 2010 at 12:52 PM Post #70 of 195
This is a tough question for me. I've got 4 pairs of headphones that qualify and at one point or another though, or was close to thinking "this is it!".

Ultimately though, probably the Stax Omega 2 MkI. At least I know it'll have no limitations.

Feb 8, 2010 at 1:14 PM Post #71 of 195
Custom in-ears like JH13pro or UE11 or ES3X.

when u travel to awesome places..the only way to enjoy music in hi fidelity is in-ears

Feb 8, 2010 at 6:30 PM Post #74 of 195
Hard... Would be much easier if I was allowed to have speakers on the side.

I would probably go for the ED 8. They annoy me while watching movies and gaming to some extent but they are portable, isolate like a champ, comfortable like little else out there. Is musical with pretty much everything.

Though if I can´t get speakers I may have to go with the Pro 900.

Feb 8, 2010 at 6:40 PM Post #75 of 195
Out of the ones I heard? Hmmm... Ortofon e-Q7 IEM. It sounds very natural and balanced with all types of music and that is important to me. It never disappoints. Plus, it's portable (small, easy to drive) and has isolation. These are all important factors for me too. I would never want to be stuck with an open headphone, even if it was the Orpheus, I would not be able to enjoy it on a train or subway or busy street.

Now, out of the ones I did not hear, it must be JH16 Pro or an 8 driver mutant from Unique Melody.
biggrin.gif
Or perhaps Ultrasone Edition 8.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back