If you could only own ONE headphone forever, it would be _____?
Feb 6, 2010 at 5:17 PM Post #17 of 195
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylab /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm tempted to say Beyerdynamic T1 - but I haven't had it long enough to really make such a claim, in spite of thinking it's the best headphone I've ever heard.

So for now my answer is JVC DX1000.

And if open/closed had been allowed as a consideration factor, the DX1000 would have been my answer regardless - since I must first and foremost have a closed headphone.

No problem Skylab, I'll say it then: T1s for me. Even after becoming even more familiar with the HD800s and I really like them (a whole lot), but it's still the beyer T1s for me!
beyersmile.png

Feb 6, 2010 at 5:18 PM Post #18 of 195
From the cans I've heard, I think I'd have to run along with my ALO K702's. All my cans have their hangups, but overall, I currently like my ALO K702's the most.

Feb 6, 2010 at 6:16 PM Post #22 of 195
Quote:

Originally Posted by pyrokid /img/forum/go_quote.gif
jh16 pros.
No way in heck am I gonna limit myself to ONLY being able to listen to music while stationary.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DavidMahler /img/forum/go_quote.gif
LASTLY, only mention a headphone you have heard.......you do not need to own the headphone to choose it though.

It's usually pretty usefull to read the OP before you jump in.
rolleyes.gif

For me it's the W5000, The only headphones that sound unreal to me even after more them 1 year of ownership.

Feb 6, 2010 at 6:28 PM Post #23 of 195
I could effectively live with just one headphone, which – at home – gets 95% head-time anyway: my (modified) HD 800.

Feb 6, 2010 at 6:31 PM Post #24 of 195
You're going to kill me David, because I would want to own a headphone I have never heard; the STAX SR-007 Mk2. That is, if I had something like the Blue Hawaii or Woo Audio WES along with the Smyth Realiser.

I'm sure, in the blink of an eye, this system will be seen as outdated. Why? These things just happen.

Feb 6, 2010 at 6:35 PM Post #25 of 195
I think the Stax 4070 Monitors, I really am in love with them, for some reason I am using them a lot more than the 007's which would be of course the very close runner up.

Feb 6, 2010 at 6:41 PM Post #27 of 195
Jaded, yes, but definitely the R10. I've never heard anything better ever since I heard Ray Samuels' pair at RMAF this last Summer.

Feb 6, 2010 at 6:41 PM Post #28 of 195
Sennhesier IE8, they are sounding as nice as my HD600 but can be used at home or portably and without an amp (they do sound better with one though).

For fullsize headphones HD600 all the way.

Feb 6, 2010 at 6:59 PM Post #30 of 195
Quote:

Originally Posted by xuan87 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i think so far i'm the only one to say.... Ultrasone ED8

...but stick to your guns. It doesn't seem like that many people here own them. I think its because the ED8 suffered by being launched at the same time as the HD800 and many felt that the sound quality was not as good. I wouldn't know. I am hoping that there will be an ED10 with cutting-edge transducer technology on a par or better than the HD800.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back