IEMs reshelled into Custom Molds $80 in the USA (TripleFi 10, SE530, etc.) from FISHER HEARING
Dec 15, 2009 at 7:28 PM Post #616 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by intoflatlines /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anyone have experience with an audiologist in/near Chicago? I've called the places listed on Sensaphonics and UE's website and they all charge $100-$150 total..
frown.gif

Edit: Just found a place for $70 total. Still looking for a better deal, though.

Hello Intoflatlines,

Nice to see a fellow Chicagoan who enjoys great sounds and this technology like I do. I've found an audiologist who does impressions for $25. Haven't been to them yet (I have yet to receive my TF10s) but they seem pretty reputable. I need to find the sheet the paper I wrote the information down on and I'll pm or list it here.
beerchug.gif

EricP

Dec 15, 2009 at 7:55 PM Post #618 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by jinp6301 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm still looking for an audiologist to do impressions for about $20-30 for both ears in NYC.

As far as I know from following the customs threads, nobody has gotten them that cheap in NYC. Going rate there seems to be around $80 or more.

Dec 15, 2009 at 8:23 PM Post #619 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by barleyguy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As far as I know from following the customs threads, nobody has gotten them that cheap in NYC. Going rate there seems to be around $80 or more.

Everything is more expensive in NYC, Manhattan in particular.

Dec 15, 2009 at 9:27 PM Post #622 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by xguntherc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So here is a question. are the cables pretty close to being universal. If I get the Fisher Cable, and later decide I wanna switch to the westone cable that I enjoy on my W2. Can I buy a westone custom cable and use it with my custom, or does fisher and all custom makers make the piece fit "that" cable?

Anyone know, they seem to plug in the same, but i dont know if the pins are different. larger, thinner, shorter, etc..

Not really The Triple.Fi's cable seems to be different than Westone ES and JH Audio cables. Not sure what's up, but it's like the polarity is off or something, but I've tried reversing the pins, and it still sounds weird.

-Ed

Dec 15, 2009 at 9:42 PM Post #623 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by ivanrocks321 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
does that happen to be in the binghamton area jinp6301?

Nope. Great Neck LI and Bayside/Flushing Queens area.

I'm pretty sure around Bing will be cheaper. Give them a call. I know theres an audiologist right off campus

Dec 15, 2009 at 11:29 PM Post #625 of 2,837
Ed, I don't mean the actual TF10 wire. I mean I sent my TF10 to Fisher to become customs. I didn't wanna wait for a Westone or UE cable to come in the mail so I just said I'd take the Black Fisher cable. Since Fisher, UE, and the Westone Custom cables all look the same. Can I unplug the Fisher cable and use the Westone custom later.. I'm not talking stock cable.

Anyways. I went ahead and sent my TF10's in today overnight shipping. fisher should get them tomorrow. Kaysen was very nice and helpful. I probably sent to many emails asking questions. I was just worried about everything. I want a good fit with my weird ears.

Here's what Color I'm hoping to achieve, something like what is below. I sent these pics with my order so hopefully they can make it very close to that. I don't know if they use different material than UE or JH so we'll see how the color comes out. I'm sure I'll like it either way. I'm not to picky.

http://img260.imageshack.us/img260/8...3xgoodblue.jpg
http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/3...bluecustom.jpg

Hopefully I get them back sometimes next week before the holidays

Dec 15, 2009 at 11:33 PM Post #626 of 2,837
Hi, if you or anyone else in NYC wants both ears done for $50 at a legit place right in Midtown Manhattan let me know. They seem prof, I have their number and address.

Quote:

Originally Posted by markt1600 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Lowest price I've found in Manhattan is $75 for 2 ears but would love to hear of anyone who has found cheaper and were satisfied with their impressions.

Dec 16, 2009 at 12:48 AM Post #627 of 2,837
ya most cities should have a place that will do $25 an ear or so.. any more is just pure overcharging.. they cost them like $30 cents an ear. lol or less.

Dec 16, 2009 at 2:02 AM Post #628 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by kobayashi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Here are pictures of my reshelled UE5EBs. As you can see, they're not the best looking customs ever. Plenty of internal pitting, bubbles and even pieces of debris. The fit is perfect on the left but a little loose on the right. I'll probably have to use some nail polish to try and get it perfect.

I'm surprised at the poor aesthetic quality considering how nicely the first ones turned out. Did you contact them? I would like to see their response as they have been very active on this thread. I would like to support a local business and give them more work if I knew they would turn out like the OP's..

Dec 16, 2009 at 2:12 AM Post #629 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by eldarko /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm surprised at the poor aesthetic quality considering how nicely the first ones turned out. Did you contact them? I would like to see their response as they have been very active on this thread. I would like to support a local business and give them more work if I knew they would turn out like the OP's..

Not sure what "first ones" you're talking about. Mine were the first UE5EBs ever reshelled by Fisher (and probably the only ones).

I have contacted them via PM here and will update the thread accordingly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back