IEMs reshelled into Custom Molds $80 in the USA (TripleFi 10, SE530, etc.) from FISHER HEARING
Dec 14, 2009 at 5:24 PM Post #590 of 2,837
so my triple.fi's got to fisher hearing on saturday, but obviously they don't resume business til monday. in that time, I saw a few more pictures of some jh audio customs and I became more indecisive. I decided to change the color of the shells from a translucent purple color to a clear shell with a titanium face & titanium tip which I much prefer...

4185405428_59b111445c.jpg

unfortunately, fisher hearing doesn't have this exact color, but kaysen said she would send a picture of a shell that is gray and has "shimmer" whatever that means. Hopefully that'll be sometime today if they have a chance to get around to it. If that turns out similar, I might get that. otherwise I think i'll go with a clear shell and black tip & face...

4184643997_cc8119535e.jpg

none of that artwork though.
smily_headphones1.gif
i just decided I wanted clear shells, but not on the outside face or tip.

also, very fast response from kaysen. i figure they're working on it, so i won't pester them anymore by calling them.
darthsmile.gif

Dec 14, 2009 at 6:00 PM Post #591 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by ravissimo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I decided to change the color of the shells from a translucent purple color to a clear shell with a titanium face & titanium tip which I much prefer...

4185405428_59b111445c.jpg

This is very nice. Is there an extra charge for the metal plate? I will be interested in seeing how the Fisher version looks like.

Dec 14, 2009 at 6:47 PM Post #594 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by strohmie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow. Just got off the phone with a place in Columbus that does impressions for $10. Total.

I am extremely envious at the moment, as the cheapest I can find is $65 per ear.

Dec 14, 2009 at 6:54 PM Post #595 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by specto /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am extremely envious at the moment, as the cheapest I can find is $65 per ear.

Keep looking, make sure to let them know you just want the goo in the ear. Even when I said impression they got confused. Have you received a list from Kaysen yet?

Dec 14, 2009 at 7:01 PM Post #596 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by pseudohippy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Keep looking, make sure to let them know you just want the goo in the ear. Even when I said impression they got confused. Have you received a list from Kaysen yet?

The place I got the low price was from Kaysen's list so definitely give her a shout.

Dec 14, 2009 at 7:16 PM Post #597 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by pseudohippy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yes I did receive that list. I talked to multiple people more then once telling them I only needed the goo in the ear, but they won't do it. I talked to one person who said they didn't know what I was talking about, then another who said they didn't know what impressions were but they would talk to the on who does the molds, and then they called me and said they would only do the molds. I did find a Beltone who is willing to do it for $35 per ear just now, which may be my only option, but it's a really long drive to get there, so not something I really want to do.

Dec 14, 2009 at 10:40 PM Post #599 of 2,837
didn't receive a picture yet of a gray shell and it's now past 5 pm EST, so guessing I won't get it today. I guess I'll call tomorrow morning and see what's up. I'll post the picture kaysen sends to me whenever I receive an email. I do like those jh13 shells with the titanium faceplate. looks pretty sweet. hopefully the fisher hearing version turns out somewhat similar, though "gray" doesn't sound quite right... oh well. guess i'll find out soon.

Dec 15, 2009 at 12:19 AM Post #600 of 2,837
Please Delete... Double Post.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back