IEMs reshelled into Custom Molds $80 in the USA (TripleFi 10, SE530, etc.) from FISHER HEARING
Dec 15, 2009 at 12:21 AM Post #601 of 2,837
Just sent my UE10 TripleFis via 2day UPS air to get the customs made. I am going to be using the Fisher silver cable. From what it sounds like, the fisher cable does not have the cable management piece (the clear tube used to cinch up the cord to the back of your head). Just thought I would let everyone know in case anyone had been wondering. The do however use the wire guides for behind the ear in their cables.

Does anyone know the length of fisher's cables?

Dec 15, 2009 at 12:32 AM Post #602 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by cwoo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just sent my UE10 TripleFis via 2day UPS air to get the customs made. I am going to be using the Fisher silver cable. From what it sounds like, the fisher cable does not have the cable management piece (the clear tube used to cinch up the cord to the back of your head). Just thought I would let everyone know in case anyone had been wondering. The do however use the wire guides for behind the ear in their cables.

Does anyone know the length of fisher's cables?

It does have the cable management.

It's 48', if I don't mistaken.

Dec 15, 2009 at 1:01 AM Post #603 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by intoflatlines /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anyone have experience with an audiologist in/near Chicago? I've called the places listed on Sensaphonics and UE's website and they all charge $100-$150 total..
frown.gif

Edit: Just found a place for $70 total. Still looking for a better deal, though.

If you live anywhere close to O'hare try this audiologist. He charged me $40 for both ears.

Dr. Chad Bauer
603 W. Golf Rd.
Des Plaines, IL 60016
(847) 718-9900

Dec 15, 2009 at 1:23 AM Post #604 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by tenten9 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you live anywhere close to O'hare try this audiologist. He charged me $40 for both ears.

Dr. Chad Bauer
603 W. Golf Rd.
Des Plaines, IL 60016
(847) 718-9900

Thanks. What IEMs did you have made? How was the fit?

Dec 15, 2009 at 2:25 AM Post #605 of 2,837
I have my box ready to go and I'm sending my TF10 off tomorrow to get made into a custom. I'm exited.

We'll see how it all goes.

Dec 15, 2009 at 2:56 AM Post #606 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by intoflatlines /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks. What IEMs did you have made? How was the fit?

I'm getting the TF 10 done now, I think it should be done by the end of this week. I have to wait and see how the fit is, but the audiologist was really nice and charged a decent price for Chicago area.

Dec 15, 2009 at 3:59 AM Post #607 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by tenten9 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm getting the TF 10 done now, I think it should be done by the end of this week. I have to wait and see how the fit is, but the audiologist was really nice and charged a decent price for Chicago area.

I would love it if you could let me know when you get it back how the fit is.
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 15, 2009 at 6:07 PM Post #610 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by russya /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Has no one else got them for free from costco. I've had them do two pair for, free of charge.

Do tell how you did it, please. Thanks.

Dec 15, 2009 at 6:17 PM Post #611 of 2,837
I called them and they only do it for hearing aids.

Dec 15, 2009 at 6:46 PM Post #612 of 2,837
Here are pictures of my reshelled UE5EBs. As you can see, they're not the best looking customs ever. Plenty of internal pitting, bubbles and even pieces of debris. The fit is perfect on the left but a little loose on the right. I'll probably have to use some nail polish to try and get it perfect.

I'm glad that I was in Orlando and could pick them up from Fisher because there were major problems with the left earpiece. The left earpiece was much quieter than the right and had to be fixed. They also redipped the right side to try and make it larger (it helped, but not quite enough).

The sound is very good and the reshell works beautifully with the UEs. I bought a new Westone clear cable and had Fisher use that instead of the stock UE cable. Highly recommended.

Dec 15, 2009 at 6:54 PM Post #613 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by kobayashi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Here are pictures of my reshelled UE5EBs. As you can see, they're not the best looking customs ever. Plenty of internal pitting, bubbles and even pieces of debris. The fit is perfect on the left but a little loose on the right. I'll probably have to use some nail polish to try and get it perfect.

I'm glad that I was in Orlando and could pick them up from Fisher because there were major problems with the left earpiece. The left earpiece was much quieter than the right and had to be fixed. They also redipped the right side to try and make it larger (it helped, but not quite enough).

The sound is very good and the reshell works beautifully with the UEs. I bought a new Westone clear cable and had Fisher use that instead of the stock UE cable. Highly recommended.

I'm a bit surprised it doesn't look as nice as a Unique Melody Super.Fi 5 EB remold.
ss850344.jpg

ss850351.jpg

Dec 15, 2009 at 7:04 PM Post #614 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rip N' Burn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm a bit surprised it doesn't look as nice as a Unique Melody Super.Fi 5 EB remold.

Agreed. That's what I was hoping for. At least Fisher's prices are a little better and it's easier to deal with them since they're in the US.

Dec 15, 2009 at 7:17 PM Post #615 of 2,837
My remolds and Mage has been shipped from Unique Melody and I should receive them very soon. I was going to send some of my other iems to Fisher Hearing but I will wait until I get me shipment before I make my decision. If they look as aesthetically pleasing as other UM remolds and don't have to be sent back for refits, I will send them my other iems. Hopefully Fisher Hearing in the future can make their remolds look as good as UM remolds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back