IEMs reshelled into Custom Molds $80 in the USA (TripleFi 10, SE530, etc.) from FISHER HEARING
Dec 16, 2009 at 3:38 PM Post #646 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by InEarZ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Kobayashi: You never once talked to me personally about the shell problems, and I would have thought that we would have been the first people you would go to. I know showing these on here gets a lot of responses, but please send them back to us so that we can fix this problem. In your PM you just asked if you could use clear nail polish to thicken the right, NOTHING about the shell quality which is a big deal to us and everyone else. So please if you have time send them back to me and instead of waiting and we will make a new shell.

And all of you are right we try to give you guys special treatment because we are under the microscope here and to be honest I am trying to QC yours harder than our own products.

I sent you the link to the pictures and asked you about the fit problems. Not sure what else you're wanting from me. I'm obviously going to post the pictures as a benefit to others.

I'm honestly a little curious how my IEMs made it through inspection twice. There was a massive sound imbalance the first time and lots of internal defects in the shells the second time.

Dec 16, 2009 at 4:38 PM Post #648 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by PouncePony /img/forum/go_quote.gif
May I suggest you take the issue offline? Kaysen seems more than willing to work with you. Let us know how it turns out.

-Pony

Um, it's already offline. That's what the PMs are. I'll certainly be updating this thread as available.

Dec 16, 2009 at 5:32 PM Post #649 of 2,837
So I just received my SE530 from Fisher for a refit. They at first fitted perfectly when I sit still, but when moving my head around, the earbore of the right earpiece touches my ear, which hurt a lot. I sent in last week and they arrive this morning. The refit is simply awesome. No matter how I move my jaw, there is no interaction between the earbores and my ears. I'm surprised by complaints with their build quality. I don't notice any sign of flaw on my refit. Kaysen has been doing a wonderful job answering all the questions and the turn-around time is shorter than any custom IEMs company. Take a look at the JH13s thread to see how many people, including me, were disappointed with the build quality.

p.s Anyone needs a clearer comparison between Fisher and Westone cable, let me know. I'll take some pics.

Dec 16, 2009 at 5:43 PM Post #650 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lil' Knight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So I just received my SE530 from Fisher for a refit. They at first fitted perfectly when I sit still, but when moving my head around, the earbore of the right earpiece touches my ear, which hurt a lot. I sent in last week and they arrive this morning. The refit is simply awesome. No matter how I move my jaw, there is no interaction between the earbores and my ears. I'm surprised by complaints with their build quality. I don't notice any sign of flaw on my refit. Kaysen has been doing a wonderful job answering all the questions and the turn-around time is shorter than any custom IEMs company. Take a look at the JH13s thread to see how many people, including me, were disappointed with the build quality.

p.s Anyone needs a clearer comparison between Fisher and Westone cable, let me know. I'll take some pics.

Is your SE530 single or double bore?

Dec 16, 2009 at 5:50 PM Post #651 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by urabus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is your SE530 single or double bore?

4156039202_fa0bd41bcd_d.jpg

Dec 16, 2009 at 6:02 PM Post #653 of 2,837
Quote:

hi,

can u please give a review of ur new customs
tongue.gif
. is there any change in the sound characteristics ? some pics plz

Dec 16, 2009 at 6:36 PM Post #654 of 2,837
Well, I've got an appointment to get impressions made this coming tuesday at Fort Healthcare ENT. $25 total for impressions of both ears. She said that she works with this company out of MI called Westone and would look into if they would reshell my Triple.Fi's.
biggrin.gif

I doubt Westone will reshell a competitor's earphones, but if she wants to check that's ok. Either way I'm going to be getting impressions done and might be contacting Fisher Hearing soon.
biggrin.gif

Dec 16, 2009 at 6:50 PM Post #655 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by intoflatlines /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That would be nice.
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by karthik_ashok /img/forum/go_quote.gif

can u please give a review of ur new customs
tongue.gif
. is there any change in the sound characteristics ? some pics plz

Here you go. Sorry for the crappy pics, my hand is still hurt like hell after falling really hard this morning.

Plug:

4190155063_e8edceb6b3.jpg

Y-Splitter:

As I said before, the Fisher cable has the wire management. It's bigger and better build than that of the Westone. Also, there is only one strand in the Fisher cable. The Westone cable has 3 strands under the y-splitter, after than, the common ground is split into 2, and makes a totally of 4 strands. The Fisher cable is more rigid but not as flexible as the Westone's cos the outer shield is made of plastic. It's also harder to coil up, as you can see in the pics later.

4190915178_3f16f4db58_d.jpg

Wire memory:

This is the plus point for the Fisher cable. The wire memory is much longer and cover all your ear. It's extremely easy to bend and stay in the good shape. The Westone's is very short and hard to keep the shape you want.

4190915226_5200bac5ae_d.jpg

Close-up pics of the wire into the earpiece:

4190915272_ef16796fa0_b_d.jpg

The connectors are a little bit different:

4190155283_59332a9e8a_d.jpg

As said above, it's quite hard to coil the cable:

4190155319_03a90ba329_d.jpg

Finally, a show-off for my new skin LOL
beerchug.gif

4190915406_0a440597ef_d.jpg

About the sound, I'm trying them straight from the Nuforce uDac.

4190915456_2d8e028618_d.jpg

As I posted before, the build quality is top-notch. I really can't find any flaw to say about. You guys should know that Kaysen is 100% true when she said that the remold ones are under microscopic here
biggrin.gif
I can say that they pay more attention when doing stuffs coming from HF.

About the sound, comparing with the stock SE530s, there are 2 big improvements: soundstage and highs. I can't say there's an improvement in comfort cos the stock SE530s are the most comfortable IEMs I've ever tried. The soundstage improves quite dramatically, wider, better instrumental separation, but not really deeper. The bass is still really awesome, a little bit tighter. The remold, fortunately, still keeps the sweet mids, but I notice that it's on a more neutral side. One thing I'm especially happy is the highs. It's much less roll-off and I can fully enjoy the SE530s now. The iTouch G3 matches them really well and now becomes my portable rig. The JH13s will stay home, forever.

Hope that helps.

Dec 16, 2009 at 6:56 PM Post #656 of 2,837
This fit review made me feel alot better about the whole process, thanks, looking forward to hearing more. Inearz responce also made me feel better, they made some good points. We'll see how it all turns out.
Edit: Wow great pics and overall review, and yes your new skin is awesome lol.

Quote:

Dec 16, 2009 at 7:05 PM Post #659 of 2,837
are the westone & UE custom cables manufactured from the same company? they look exactly the same from my recollection (my triple.fi's are currently at fisher hearing), from the y-splitter, the prongs, to the right-angle 3.5 mm plug. can anyone post pics of both if you bought them from both westone & UE? just curious...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back