IEMs reshelled into Custom Molds $80 in the USA (TripleFi 10, SE530, etc.) from FISHER HEARING
Dec 16, 2009 at 8:00 PM Post #661 of 2,837
Thanks for the pics lil' knight. The cable management on the fisher cable looks nice. I find that the cable management gets a little un"manage"able with both wires going through the same tubing (as with the shures and stock UE). I like that fisher seperates the wires.

My UE10s were delivered this morning. I will definitely post pictures when they are completed. I asked Kaysen to send me a photo before they send them back. I am glad they do that, as it would allow for a quicker turn around if you were unhappy with the shell (of course this won't account for any potential fit issues.)

Dec 16, 2009 at 8:23 PM Post #663 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by kobayashi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I sent you the link to the pictures and asked you about the fit problems. Not sure what else you're wanting from me. I'm obviously going to post the pictures as a benefit to others.

I'm honestly a little curious how my IEMs made it through inspection twice. There was a massive sound imbalance the first time and lots of internal defects in the shells the second time.

Thank you for posting your pictures. I think if people are encouraged to post when things are great, they should also be encouraged to post when things are not-so-great. Hopefully your remold (of the remold) will be shiny and beautiful, and you'll be able to post those as well.

Dec 16, 2009 at 8:30 PM Post #664 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by barleyguy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thank you for posting your pictures. I think if people are encouraged to post when things are great, they should also be encouraged to post when things are not-so-great. Hopefully your remold (of the remold) will be shiny and beautiful, and you'll be able to post those as well.

While I agree pictures and frustrations should be posted eventually, I believe it is wise to contact the service provider first, especially if the company is a small business. Then after your problem has been resolved, ignored, or if you feel like you have made sufficient effort and time to expect a response, you should post all information.

Dec 16, 2009 at 9:16 PM Post #666 of 2,837
Well Kasyen said they do graphs but don't actually keep track of those frequency graphs. She did say that she could personally get it and save it if we wanted. I'd imagine that would just be more work for them over there. but it would be great to see, and maybe they could make that standard. Just another piece of paper to add to the return product, and I'm sure it would make customers happy. and ease there minds. But not sure... I myself don't care, but would be pleased to find one with my Custom.

I also agree with both of you specto, and kobayashi. I understand your frustration. I think the reason specto is acting that way is because the extreme amount of Nice, and friendly attention InEarZ has paid to us, and this site and thread. and he's only being defensive a little cuz the great service we have got so far... I guess she confirmed it that they are looking at our orders a little closer. That is "extremely" comforting to hear, as I guess they are new and are under the scope here a little. but from everything else I've seen there work seems top Notch. Even lil knight just said how AMAZING the build quality was..

I will also post pictured with close detail of mine when they arrive. InEarZ should be getting my package sometime today from USPS. and then they'll get started.. I have no worries, and I'm sure they will do a fantastic job. If they are anything like what is in the original post, as well as lil knights. I'll be very happy indeed. I have a decent DSLR I can take pictures for everyone to see..

I'm sure as time goes on this thead will see more and more happy customers, & there photo's like what we've already seen.. Really think about it. Foo Fighters got his done in the beginning of November. it's only been 2 months and look how well it's gone so far.

Thanks for your input lil knight, that also eased my mind a little also. and hopefully I get a picture before mine get sent out also.

Thanks Kaysen for all the details, and for following this thread and answering all of our questions

Dec 16, 2009 at 9:17 PM Post #667 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by specto /img/forum/go_quote.gif
While I agree pictures and frustrations should be posted eventually, I believe it is wise to contact the service provider first, especially if the company is a small business. Then after your problem has been resolved, ignored, or if you feel like you have made sufficient effort and time to expect a response, you should post all information.

agreed. i think especially for a small company, it makes sense to try to resolve the issue before saying something is wrong. products don't always come out 100% perfect every time particularly on custom-made parts. the important thing about a company is what they do when it's NOT perfect. Fisher Hearing appears to be making the right call on the 5EBs, so I'll wait to see the results before praising/condeming too quickly.

I think we are being a bit hard on them though, as they really are under the microscope. I think we audiophiles tend to be a bit on the "perfectionist" side of things, otherwise we wouldn't call ourselves audiophiles to begin with!
o2smile.gif

Dec 16, 2009 at 9:25 PM Post #668 of 2,837
You're completely right there Ravis. We should ease up here. After all we are getting a great deal, in our own country. and top quality customer support instead of sending to someone that barely speaks English in china.. So we should all be somewhat happy.

Anyways I'm off to play some MW2 or CS:S so ttyl guys!

Dec 16, 2009 at 9:59 PM Post #669 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by xguntherc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well Kasyen said they do graphs but don't actually keep track of those frequency graphs. She did say that she could personally get it and save it if we wanted. I'd imagine that would just be more work for them over there. but it would be great to see, and maybe they could make that standard. Just another piece of paper to add to the return product, and I'm sure it would make customers happy. and ease there minds. But not sure... I myself don't care, but would be pleased to find one with my Custom.

I'm probably going to end up ordering from them but I just wanted to compare customs vs universals in terms of frequency response. People are saying better treble/bass/mids or whatever, I just want to see if thats quantifiable.

Dec 16, 2009 at 10:02 PM Post #671 of 2,837
Superb customer service and paying more attention to remolds sent in by head-fi members is something that is very much appreciated. I still feel sympathy for Kobayashi. They are received and there is a sound imbalance, they get sent back, and are received again with the shell looking like it was chewed by a small dog. They are going back again. Personally, I would be very frustrated. Maybe someone who didn't have too much experience worked on the remold? Maybe they were not too confident remolding a hybrid iem? So far, Kobayashi's remold seems to be the only anomaly as the other remolds in this thread look fantastic.

Dec 16, 2009 at 10:32 PM Post #672 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by intoflatlines /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Look on the bright side.. After InEarZ takes care of this slip-up we will all be able to see the great customer service they offer and the great build quality of the new 5EB customs!
smily_headphones1.gif

Let's hope so. Still haven't heard a peep from InEarZ about the quality control problems that I've experienced - twice.

Dec 16, 2009 at 11:05 PM Post #673 of 2,837
Agreed 100%. Even though an extra driver sounds sweet, it is just waaay too far and the customer service in China can be very frustrating. So I am glad that there is a place here in the USA, also they are offering us a great price and customer service. Even if we are unhappy we can send it back easily versus if you are unhappy having to send them back to China. So everyone listen to some Mars Volta and let FH do the work lol.

Quote:

Originally Posted by xguntherc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You're completely right there Ravis. We should ease up here. After all we are getting a great deal, in our own country. and top quality customer support instead of sending to someone that barely speaks English in china.. So we should all be somewhat happy.

Anyways I'm off to play some MW2 or CS:S so ttyl guys!

Dec 16, 2009 at 11:33 PM Post #674 of 2,837
Roulette Dares!

Dec 17, 2009 at 12:16 AM Post #675 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by kobayashi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Let's hope so. Still haven't heard a peep from InEarZ about the quality control problems that I've experienced - twice.

Once again, didnt you say you picked them up personally. Why did you except them, Im just curious?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back