IEMs reshelled into Custom Molds $80 in the USA (TripleFi 10, SE530, etc.) from FISHER HEARING
Dec 17, 2009 at 12:23 AM Post #676 of 2,837
Well, my reshelled TF10's arrived today. Their appearance is excellent. I've included some photos so you can see that their finished product is still solid and that kobayashi's experience, while unfortunate, isn't the norm. The only complaint I have is that my fit in the right ear is off. My left ear is perfect, seals tight, stays sealed, and fits comfortably. The left ear, not so much. It's a bit long in the ear canal and the whole piece sticks out of my ear quite a bit. Any ideas on a quick solution so I don't have to have them remade?

Overall, I am very satisfied. I had a pair of Westone UM1's for a very long time (4 years) and some Super.Fi 5 Pros and these blow those out of the water in terms of comfort and sound quality. While there is no seal and the fit isn't perfect in the right ear, they are comfortable and I don't really feel like there is anything in my ear, something that cannot be said for the stock TF10 or Super.Fi 5 Pro that I had.

Kaysen and the folks at Fisher provide an excellent product at a very reasonable price. I am very satisfied and hope the refit process can happen quickly.

Dec 17, 2009 at 12:35 AM Post #678 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by intoflatlines /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Looks good! Are those the stock TF10 cables?

Yes. I ordered the clear ones, but they didn't make to the box. Oh well, no big deal. I'm sure the folks at Fisher will make things right. I will probably just get it when I get these back from the refit.

Dec 17, 2009 at 12:37 AM Post #679 of 2,837
Those look cool, thanks for sharing the photo's with us, especially because these are the first clear with dark tips I have seen from FH, which is what I want. I was also thinking about keeping the stock cable but after seeing the pictures of the clear cable just earlier, I think it will be a good combo with the clear housing.
EDIT: Also I was wondering what is the next step one would to take if one side didnt have the correct fit? Send them back and FH can fix it or would we need another impression of that one ear to be shipped with the earphones for the refit?
SECOND EDIT: LOL I just noticed my status changed from junior headfier to Head-fier, awesome, hooray for me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by a.dickens /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, my reshelled TF10's arrived today. Their appearance is excellent. I've included some photos so you can see that their finished product is still solid and that kobayashi's experience, while unfortunate, isn't the norm. The only complaint I have is that my fit in the right ear is off. My left ear is perfect, seals tight, stays sealed, and fits comfortably. The left ear, not so much. It's a bit long in the ear canal and the whole piece sticks out of my ear quite a bit. Any ideas on a quick solution so I don't have to have them remade?

Overall, I am very satisfied. I had a pair of Westone UM1's for a very long time (4 years) and some Super.Fi 5 Pros and these blow those out of the water in terms of comfort and sound quality. While there is no seal and the fit isn't perfect in the right ear, they are comfortable and I don't really feel like there is anything in my ear, something that cannot be said for the stock TF10 or Super.Fi 5 Pro that I had.

Kaysen and the folks at Fisher provide an excellent product at a very reasonable price. I am very satisfied and hope the refit process can happen quickly.

Dec 17, 2009 at 12:53 AM Post #681 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by GOLDENZEAL /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Those look cool, thanks for sharing the photo's with us, especially because these are the first clear with dark tips I have seen from FH, which is what I want. I was also thinking about keeping the stock cable but after seeing the pictures of the clear cable just earlier, I think it will be a good combo with the clear housing.

I'm really pleased with the color. I really like the black tips. I thought about doing red for right and blue for left on the tips, but went with black. The color I asked for was a translucent metallic silver. It's not really what I imagined, but I am really pleased with the color.

Dec 17, 2009 at 1:36 AM Post #682 of 2,837
I didn't see your edit about what needs to be done for a refit. I've asked Kaysen that question and haven't heard back yet since I emailed them after business hours. I hope I don't have to get another impression but it would be worth it for a fit and nice as the left ear.

Dec 17, 2009 at 2:01 AM Post #683 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by xguntherc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ya most cities should have a place that will do $25 an ear or so.. any more is just pure overcharging.. they cost them like $30 cents an ear. lol or less.

just gone mine done for $16 both ears here in atlanta
atsmile.gif

Dec 17, 2009 at 3:22 AM Post #684 of 2,837
a.dickens, what do you mean you ordered the clear cable?? from UE and it didn't arrive in time so they had to use the stock cable, or did something happen with the clear cable from Fisher??

and intoflatlines. that is exactly what I did. My TF10 should be there today or tomorrow. and I'm getting a Deep, or Candy Blue-ish Transparent color, with the black fisher cable. (I might get the westone cable later) and it should be done sometime next week so you can see mine and see if you like the look. I'm going to PM you the pics I sent with it so they had an idea of the color I wanted.

and dickens.. Those look amazing. I'm glad you like them.

Dec 17, 2009 at 3:30 AM Post #685 of 2,837
I ordered the clear cable from Fisher. I figure there was some oversight that prevented it from shipping with my order. It's no big deal though since I was just getting it for aesthetics instead of performance. If it sounds better than the stock cable that's just a bonus. It's not like I don't have a cable to listen to them with right now. THAT would suck.

Dec 17, 2009 at 4:03 AM Post #686 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by xguntherc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
and intoflatlines. that is exactly what I did. My TF10 should be there today or tomorrow. and I'm getting a Deep, or Candy Blue-ish Transparent color, with the black fisher cable. (I might get the westone cable later) and it should be done sometime next week so you can see mine and see if you like the look. I'm going to PM you the pics I sent with it so they had an idea of the color I wanted.

I got your PM and yeah, that's the blue I'm shooting for. I'll be looking forward to seeing your customs when you get them!
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 17, 2009 at 4:30 AM Post #687 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by pseudohippy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Once again, didnt you say you picked them up personally. Why did you except them, Im just curious?

Please read my post more carefully.

Still no explanation from InEarz about all of the problems with my IEMs. Odd bit of customer service.

Dec 17, 2009 at 4:50 AM Post #690 of 2,837
I'm not sure what kind of explanation you require. In manufacturing things, stuff happens and sometimes defects slip through the cracks. What matters most is that it gets fixed to your liking, which Kaysen assured would happen. What are you looking for, the name of whoever inspected yours?
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back