IEMs reshelled into Custom Molds $80 in the USA (TripleFi 10, SE530, etc.) from FISHER HEARING
Dec 16, 2009 at 3:19 AM Post #631 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by intoflatlines /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think eldarko is talking about the red ones that OP posted, which look very nice. I am also wondering why the quality of yours looks so different from the first pair.

Yes I was talking about the original red ones. If you look at pictures below the difference is quite alarming.

Edit: Fisher responded immediately in this thread that they would reshell the member's clear iems. I think their responsiveness speaks volumes.

4109742395_1840526a43.jpg

23734d1260902745-iems-reshelled-into-custom-molds-80-usa-triplefi-10-se530-etc-fisher-hearing-imgp2329-large-.jpg

Dec 16, 2009 at 3:29 AM Post #632 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not really The Triple.Fi's cable seems to be different than Westone ES and JH Audio cables. Not sure what's up, but it's like the polarity is off or something, but I've tried reversing the pins, and it still sounds weird.

-Ed

They might be out of phase. Have you tried reversing one cable but not the other?

Dec 16, 2009 at 3:40 AM Post #633 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by kobayashi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have contacted them via PM here and will update the thread accordingly.

I would like to hear what they say!
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by eldarko /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes I was talking about the original red ones. If you look at pictures below the difference is quite alarming.

Maybe they used a different batch of stuff for the clear?

Dec 16, 2009 at 3:51 AM Post #634 of 2,837
they might use something different for the clear.. also is it just bubbles that are wrong with it. or is there actually chips, or fingerprints n such? the first Red ones do look very clear and amazing. I sure hope my blue color turns out as good as the red one on the first post.

I have Faith in Fisher Hearing that mine will turn out great. Kaysen was very nice. did you try emailing them personally.

Also I saw lil knights and other peoples that came from Fisher and looked good. so I'm not sure what to tell you

Dec 16, 2009 at 3:52 AM Post #635 of 2,837
Woooow, I can't believe they would send out something looking like this and have their name on it, they know we are very picky here at head-fi and very knowledgeable. That workmaship is not cool at all. There should be a quality control in place to prevent this from ever happening. You simply cannot take a look at them and realize that they should have reshelled them again. In the end it is up to the consumer whether to accept this work or not. Maybe they cannot use the impression again so once they reshell them it IS the final product unless you send it back once you receive them with new impressions? I wouldn't really care what they looked like as long as they fit very well and sounded awesome but to someone that cares about looks, thats not cool. Makes me rethink getting ANY trans color at all.

Quote:

Originally Posted by eldarko /img/forum/go_quote.gif

4109742395_1840526a43.jpg

23734d1260902745-iems-reshelled-into-custom-molds-80-usa-triplefi-10-se530-etc-fisher-hearing-imgp2329-large-.jpg

Dec 16, 2009 at 3:59 AM Post #636 of 2,837
hmm... What do you mean when you said internal pitting? I can see the bubbles but I'm not sure about pitting?

And yea, I wonder about that. considering how many of us at head-fi look so closely at details and what not. I don't think we can expect special treatment or anything, but makes you wonder. Maybe this is just a rare case. after all it is a very unique thing they had to do making those customs with a actual driver inside. they are used to BA only custom shells. but that shouldn't affect the quality of the actual shell.. so idk.

we'll see

Dec 16, 2009 at 4:16 AM Post #638 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by a.dickens /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Seeing this has me a bit nervous. UPS says that mine should arrive tomorrow. I hope they don't look like they got chewed by a dog at Fisher like these do...

Please post pictures! I'm interested to see how they turned out.

Dec 16, 2009 at 4:19 AM Post #639 of 2,837
I was also thinking that as well, maybe because this was a dynamic driver which is pretty big compared to the TF drivers, it takes a little more to fit them in there and creates the bubbles? Not sure, but it is odd seeing as the se530 and TF customs they made looked clean so far, or maybe it was just a freak thing like you say.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hmm... What do you mean when you said internal pitting? I can see the bubbles but I'm not sure about pitting?

And yea, I wonder about that. considering how many of us at head-fi look so closely at details and what not. I don't think we can expect special treatment or anything, but makes you wonder. Maybe this is just a rare case. after all it is a very unique thing they had to do making those customs with a actual driver inside. they are used to BA only custom shells. but that shouldn't affect the quality of the actual shell.. so idk.

we'll see

Dec 16, 2009 at 4:30 AM Post #640 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by GOLDENZEAL /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was also thinking that as well, maybe because this was a dynamic driver which is pretty big compared to the TF drivers, it takes a little more to fit them in there and creates the bubbles? Not sure, but it is odd seeing as the se530 and TF customs they made looked clean so far, or maybe it was just a freak thing like you say.

That's what I was thinking. Maybe the large driver in the EB forced them to try to expand the shell, resulting in that.

Dec 16, 2009 at 6:21 AM Post #641 of 2,837
I just shipped my shure e500 and ear impressions to Fisher. I picked my housing color and will use Fisher's clear cable.

Can anyone help with these questions? I read most of this thread but wanted to be clear on a few specifics.

- do I want single or double bore? I don't think I understand the advantages of either.

- I believe the Fisher cable comes with a memory housing. I like a softer feeling cable, should I ask that they remove the memory housing from the cable?

- anything else I need to specify before they start on mine? Thanks.

Dec 16, 2009 at 7:03 AM Post #642 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by kobayashi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not sure what "first ones" you're talking about. Mine were the first UE5EBs ever reshelled by Fisher (and probably the only ones).

I have contacted them via PM here and will update the thread accordingly.

I dont understand why you are contacting them via PM? Didnt you say you picked them up personally and had a refit even? Why did you accept them and now decide you dont like them? I agree though, they look pretty terrible in your photos.

Dec 16, 2009 at 1:14 PM Post #644 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by InEarZ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Kobayashi: You never once talked to me personally about the shell problems, and I would have thought that we would have been the first people you would go to. I know showing these on here gets a lot of responses, but please send them back to us so that we can fix this problem. In your PM you just asked if you could use clear nail polish to thicken the right, NOTHING about the shell quality which is a big deal to us and everyone else. So please if you have time send them back to me and instead of waiting and we will make a new shell.

And all of you are right we try to give you guys special treatment because we are under the microscope here and to be honest I am trying to QC yours harder than our own products.

I haven't had my earphones customed yet, but with the support that Fisher is giving to us as a community has convinced me they are the right company to go to. They have responded to my emails in a professional way, they have tried to help me find an audiologist, and it looks like they really want to help out the community. If you have any problems with the product you receive please talk to them first, before posting, as a courtesy to Fisher audio. They have email or phone, and you will most likely talk to someone right away if you call them. That's just my 2 cents.

Dec 16, 2009 at 1:21 PM Post #645 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by InEarZ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Kobayashi: You never once talked to me personally about the shell problems, and I would have thought that we would have been the first people you would go to. I know showing these on here gets a lot of responses, but please send them back to us so that we can fix this problem. In your PM you just asked if you could use clear nail polish to thicken the right, NOTHING about the shell quality which is a big deal to us and everyone else. So please if you have time send them back to me and instead of waiting and we will make a new shell.

And all of you are right we try to give you guys special treatment because we are under the microscope here and to be honest I am trying to QC yours harder than our own products.

That's what i cal Customer service
smily_headphones1.gif
Good work FH!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back