IE8 or TripleFi 10?
Feb 8, 2010 at 7:20 AM Post #91 of 114
IE8 has a replaceable cable like the TF10. I think the cable of the IE8 is 100% better than the TF10 which I find has memory issues. The TF10 does have built in memory wire but the IE8 gives ear hooks as an alternative (I find both are not very good and am using another pair of ear hooks I had with another IEM that is much more comfortable on my IE8). Cable length is the same for both IEM's at 43" or there about.

Feb 8, 2010 at 7:32 AM Post #93 of 114
I am using the ear hooked that came with the Beta Branwavz, they are 100% better in my opinion, here is a picture.

Feb 8, 2010 at 7:56 AM Post #95 of 114
Not sure if you can buy them seperate or not or not but if anything order a pair of Brainwavz and sell them without the ear hooks. They are very soft and super comfortable, I owned the Phonak over-ear guides in the past and they are very nice as well but I think these hooks will be more durable. The Phonak over-ear guides may be cheaper for you in the States though. Both are much better than the hard ones that come with the IE8.

Feb 8, 2010 at 9:28 AM Post #97 of 114
I never really need memory wire when i used IE8, the cable is sooo soft, and yet feels real sturdy, wraps around my ear comfortably, and the loop never fall off whenever i turn my head, unlike some other IEMs. Made of kevlar if i'm not mistaken, simply the best IEM cable build quality i've ever come across.

Feb 8, 2010 at 2:22 PM Post #99 of 114
Quote:

Originally Posted by dbygnes /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sounds good!

How are the IE8's compared to TF10's in terms of weight?

The TF10 are heavy and always noticable in ear, you never forget they are there.

The IE8 are light and I forget about them. But I do know some people have fit issues with them but not me
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 8, 2010 at 3:17 PM Post #100 of 114
Quote:

Originally Posted by dweaver /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The IE8 are light and I forget about them. But I do know some people have fit issues with them but not me
smily_headphones1.gif

Same here, I'm one of the lucky ones... they fit like they were made for my ears.

Apr 22, 2010 at 7:55 PM Post #102 of 114
Quote:

Originally Posted by HONEYBOY /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This is quite interesting haha. When you guys say "feel" the music. Are you indicating that you get a better sense of the varying instrumental textures?
Since I sold all my other phones and kept the IE8 as my one and only till death do us part ( sorry I really can't stop being a fan boy of this phone haha). I can't do as much comparisons as before, but I generally found that armature based phones would get you to the fundamental note with great detail and ease but that dynamic based phones such as the IE8 deliver the overlying and shifting harmonics of that fundamental note more convincingly. I think I need a new armature IEM for comparisons sake.

I would have to agree with that concept although I have never heard a "good" dynamic driver phone. The last one I had was the PFEs way back when they came out but I've only used the Triple.Fi 10s and the UM3Xs since then.

I think it does have to do with it being dynamic though, maybe because it's a smoother sound which caries more weight. When switching to the 3Xs, I started listening to more natural music (acoustic, classical) and left the EQ off so I had to adjust to the mids which I was now hearing.
With the UM3Xs, they sound a lot fuller and I guess closer to a dynamic driver than the Triples would. I find myself grinning and getting goosebumps a lot more often using these than with the triples.

I think the middle frequencies is where most of the "emotion" in music is carried. Of course this is what I just thought of 6 seconds ago so if anyone wants to add or say anything different, feel free
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 23, 2010 at 1:11 AM Post #104 of 114
Quote:

Originally Posted by lucozade /img/forum/go_quote.gif
personally for me tf10 is superior to the ie8 in every way except for soundstage and eargonomics

The opposite for me. I couldn't get over the UE10s muddy mids and overall bright treble. The fit too, they were the worst fitting IEM I've ever owned.

I much preferred the IE8s in every way. Goes to prove we all hear differently and prospective buyers should really try what they want to buy first (if possible). The one thing that the UE10s did better was that they isolated noise better (when of course I could get them to stay in my ears for more than 2 minutes
frown.gif
)

Apr 23, 2010 at 2:20 AM Post #105 of 114
dang i didn't realize the ie8s were universally considered to outperform the tf10s... this interests me because i enjoyed the senn house sound far more than all the other brands i tried for full size cans.

what tips do you guys find most comfortable for the ie8s? if it wasn't for comply, i would have given up on the tf10s for sure. i like the foamies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back