IBasso DX50 vs Fiio X3 comparison thread
Aug 30, 2013 at 4:41 PM Post #62 of 297
Quote:
You can use those with a card reader that will work with the USB of the DX50. The USB opens up many storage possibilities. 

Fair point.
smile.gif

I don't think a 256GB card is worth $500 though.
Quote:
Only saying what the web site said: [size=13pt]Support SDXC and SDHC MicroSD card, up to 2TB.[/size]
[size=13pt]That means both.[/size]

It means both MicroSDHC and MicroSDXC....the slot in the player is micro-sized. But as jamato8 pointed out, an adaptor or card reader could be used with the full size card.

Aug 31, 2013 at 4:06 AM Post #64 of 297
How good exactly is the wolfson WM8740 DAC?

A rather popular DAC used in AK100/120, Fiio X3, iBasso DX50, Teclast T51/Nationite S:Flo2, iHifi-812v2 and my Cambridge Audio Azur 640 CD player. Its difficult to tell how good one DAC is to another because the output stage makes such a difference. It is rare to find two players that use different DACs but have identical output stages that might make comparison easier. DACs are sometimes over rated in their effect when quality comes from circuit design, implementation, quality of components, matching of components and many other electronic aspects I know nothing about.

Sep 3, 2013 at 1:52 AM Post #66 of 297
Hello, Dont think my earlier post got through.
I am interested in either the x1 or the dx50 BUT also the hifiman hm601 because it also sells at the seem pricepoint. Is there anyone who is going to compare the hm601 with the dx50?
Greetings, Anouk,

IMO dx50 is better than hm601 for many reasons.

1.better build quality
2.better design
3.touch screen
4.support more format
5.better firmware support ( I hope so)
6.support external hdd storage

If you wanna try a hifiman player , just go for hm901. Basically the best DAP now (sq wise).

Sep 3, 2013 at 3:23 AM Post #67 of 297
Quote:
IMO dx50 is better than hm601 for many reasons.

1.better build quality
2.better design
3.touch screen
4.support more format
5.better firmware support ( I hope so)
6.support external hdd storage

If you wanna try a hifiman player , just go for hm901. Basically the best DAP now (sq wise).

Better firmware support is arguable. We've seen pretty responsive updates from Fiio to-date. 

The build-quality will also have to be determined once more people get their hands on them. Touch-screens are also known to be problem-magnet.

Either way, I have an X3 and the DX50 should be arriving in the next week or so. I have high hopes for it.

Sep 3, 2013 at 3:25 AM Post #68 of 297
Quote:
Better firmware support is arguable. We've seen pretty responsive updates from Fiio to-date. 

The build-quality will also have to be determined once more people get their hands on them. Touch-screens are also known to be problem-magnet.

Either way, I have an X3 and the DX50 should be arriving in the next week or so. I have high hopes for it.

He is talking about the HiFiMAN HM601 I believe. 

Sep 4, 2013 at 10:09 PM Post #70 of 297
Damn, somehow i missed the fact that the dx50 has a touchscreen. No physical buttons a tall? The x3 has buttons still, right? That would be an absolute dealbreaker for me since I am blind (not a joke), menus you can learn by heart (although rockbox makes that not neccessary with some devices) but touch screen is a no go. Still interested to see how those two compare even though i cant get the dx50 because Ibasso products have been really nice purchases in the past. Greetings,Anouk,

Sep 5, 2013 at 3:20 AM Post #71 of 297
  Damn, somehow i missed the fact that the dx50 has a touchscreen. No physical buttons a tall? The x3 has buttons still, right? That would be an absolute dealbreaker for me since I am blind (not a joke), menus you can learn by heart (although rockbox makes that not neccessary with some devices) but touch screen is a no go. Still interested to see how those two compare even though i cant get the dx50 because Ibasso products have been really nice purchases in the past. Greetings,Anouk,

The DX50 has three physical buttons, marked as Rewind, Play/Pause and Fast Forward. Whether you can do everything with those 3 buttons, like you can on Rockboxed Cowon D2, is yet to be seen.

Sep 8, 2013 at 9:45 AM Post #72 of 297

I am sorry to hear that ...
frown.gif

BTW the playback issue caused by special characters is found by many users.Therefore, I am still considering to get a X3 or just go straight for a modded AK100 to avoid any firmware issues.

Also,you can consider ihifi760, it's not touchscreen-based but seems a bit heavy.
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back