IBasso DX50 vs Fiio X3 comparison thread
Aug 5, 2013 at 11:08 AM Post #16 of 297
Quote:
The DX50 is probably going to be more expensive. Wait a month or two and see how these are priced. So far dealers are taking preorders for the X3 at $199, which is full list price. I have a feeling early next year the X3 might be discounted to $150 or less. Lets see how much the DX50 is discounted to in a few months. It does seem like these will probably be quite a bit cheaper 6 months after the first release than their initial prices.

I am not thrilled with either, and want longer battery life. I am hoping Sandisk will release a new player at the end of August.

I highly doubt that this will happen.

Aug 5, 2013 at 11:36 AM Post #17 of 297
I am looking forward to the proper comparisons, particularly using the line-out feature (the achilles heel of the Cowon players, IMO).

I asked this in the DX50 thread, but given that DX50 and X3 use the same DAC chip, isn't it likely they would sound similar? Likewise, the DX50 and DX100 use different chips, so does that mean they will sound different? As far as features, they are virtually identical.

Me personally, I like the look of the DX50 so much more than the X3. X3 has a clustered mess of physical buttons on the front, X50 has touchscreen controls AND physical FF/rw buttons on the front.

Aug 10, 2013 at 3:31 PM Post #18 of 297
Hi everyone,
I am pretty interested in this comparison as well. I wonder if the dx50 will also come with android. I have not read the fiio thread for quite a while, does that come with android? Sq and battery live will be important for me but ui and performance as well.
Hopefully someone will have both in september/october.
Greetings, Anouk,

Aug 11, 2013 at 1:31 AM Post #19 of 297
Hi everyone,
I am pretty interested in this comparison as well. I wonder if the dx50 will also come with android. I have not read the fiio thread for quite a while, does that come with android? Sq and battery live will be important for me but ui and performance as well.
Hopefully someone will have both in september/october.
Greetings, Anouk,

Neither has Android. Check the F series from Sony or the Cowon Android offering.

Aug 12, 2013 at 2:58 AM Post #20 of 297
Subbed...

Aug 18, 2013 at 9:31 AM Post #24 of 297
I'm putting my bet on the DX50.

Just a week after getting my Fiio X3, I sold it due to compatibility issues with my iem.
While I feel its bang for the bucks at $199 usd, It didn't feel like an audiophile player to me, at least not within what im expecting.

In the end, u get how much u paid for, X3 is worth a little more than its price tag, but for anyone thinking it would be the player
to end the game, it isn't.

Aug 18, 2013 at 9:59 AM Post #25 of 297
May seem silly but I am planning on getting one of these players.  I am interested in the DAC implementation and playback of HiRes audio. The plan is to use line out functionality to a separate amp.  Thoughts?

Aug 18, 2013 at 1:56 PM Post #26 of 297
Quote:
Why get either unless you have high impedance inefficient headphones. For $130+ I would rather have a player like the Cowon C2 that gets 40+ hours of battery life, or Cowon X7 that gets  90+ hours of play time for music. I actually prefer to spend under $40 and get a Sandisk Clip Zip and Rockbox it. Of course having much more than 14 hours of battery life is nice, but having a very small size, and  price under $40 is also nice. There doesn't seem to be any good mid ground though, as what I really want is a small clip on player using a standard connector that has a screen, a card slot, and 30+ hour battery life for under $80.

Since the OP already has a CMoy amp, it's not a stretch to consider that he may want to drive a pair of high impedance headphones, either now or in the future. Or perhaps since he's interested in an all-in-one devise (DAC, amp and mp3 player) that supports a variety of lossless audio formats out of the box and has a line out and coaxial output.  Not all DAPs have this combinations of features, at least not at $199. 

Aug 20, 2013 at 3:17 PM Post #28 of 297
I guess the market will decide which player (DX50 & X3) is a better bang for the buck.
Last week I demoed the AK120, it sounded really really nice, but I can't see myself spending $1200 for a DAP (AK120).

Aug 21, 2013 at 9:51 AM Post #29 of 297
I like the AK120 but it's pricey.
It cost more than the iBasso DX100.
The DX100 offers less GB SD, DX100 has onboard 64GB and supports up to 32GB SD.
The DX50 offers 8GB onboard and supports up to 2TB external SD.
I'll probley grab the DX50 and buy the DX100 later.

Aug 21, 2013 at 10:25 AM Post #30 of 297
Both out now. Can't wait to see the reviews and subcribed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back