iBasso DX200 Bug Thread - Post Any Firmware Bugs/Issues Here
Mar 9, 2018 at 10:50 AM Post #197 of 333
I can also confirm this with online streaming. I use DX200 mostly with Tidal and Deezer and I get pops in both services. One of the scenarios is when music stops and resumes at track changes and due to intermittent internet connectivity.

Streaming services was one of the biggest advantages for buying the DX200, over some other TOTL DAPs without Android. I'd really like to see attention given to this.

I really enjoy the DAP otherwise, despite this.

I can confirm this too. This is my first DAP and I got it for TIDAL use only, so this is really frustrating.

Mar 9, 2018 at 10:54 AM Post #198 of 333
I can confirm this too. This is my first DAP and I got it for TIDAL use only, so this is really frustrating.
for this reason i sold the dx200. it´s a shame because the dap deserves a lot

Mar 9, 2018 at 12:40 PM Post #199 of 333
Thanks for creating this thread.

I experienced the popping noise in both Android and Mango mode.
I have reported this again. We have many music services here in China and they don't do this but we will try and figure this out.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Mar 9, 2018 at 1:20 PM Post #201 of 333
Hey Paul, I have a similar issue of popping / cracking sound at the beginng when playing SACD or dsd files.
When you change to DSD there is a relay to change to a different oscillator. There will be a click sound at this time.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Mar 9, 2018 at 1:30 PM Post #202 of 333
I can also confirm this with online streaming. I use DX200 mostly with Tidal and Deezer and I get pops in both services. One of the scenarios is when music stops and resumes at track changes and due to intermittent internet connectivity.

Streaming services was one of the biggest advantages for buying the DX200, over some other TOTL DAPs without Android. I'd really like to see attention given to this.

I really enjoy the DAP otherwise, despite this.

My DX200 also exhibits this pop/clicking in Tidal. Makes it useless for streaming for me personally. Every other format off my sdcard is perfect.

Apr 12, 2018 at 4:49 PM Post #204 of 333
Got my DX200 today and so far I’m loving it. I’ve got quite a collection of hi res music, but I’m disappointed that I can’t play them on my Bluetooth P7’s, mango hangs. I can play music that’s 16bit 44khz though. Will this be fixed ?
Also if I play dsd .dff files there’s a weird electronic distortion sound before the 1st track plays, then it’s all good, why does this happen ?

Last edited:
Apr 12, 2018 at 5:33 PM Post #205 of 333
My DX200 also exhibits this pop/clicking in Tidal. Makes it useless for streaming for me personally. Every other format off my sdcard is perfect.
it actually drove me nuts that clicking/popping sound when wifi is on.

other than that, dx200 is one hell of a DAP.

Apr 12, 2018 at 7:57 PM Post #206 of 333
Those who get pop noise with tidal online streaming. Are you using 2.4GHz wifi or 5 GHz wifi?

Apr 13, 2018 at 1:13 AM Post #207 of 333

for this reason i sold the dx200. it´s a shame because the dap deserves a lot

Won't you feel silly when Tidal shuts down in a few months and you're out of an excellent piece of DAP? :wink:

https://www.technobuffalo.com/2017/12/13/tidal-possible-shutdown-jay-z/

Exactly. I’m considering to sell and get the Hiby R6, because I doubt if it could be solved with a software update.

Personally I recommend keep the DX200 AND get the R6 as well. You've got time to save more money for the Hiby since they are still getting through the order demand from the indiegogo campaign.

Apr 13, 2018 at 3:28 AM Post #209 of 333
Apr 14, 2018 at 12:35 AM Post #210 of 333
Those who get pop noise with tidal online streaming. Are you using 2.4GHz wifi or 5 GHz wifi?
both, for my device. Its annoying at this price imo, but direct DSD and anything else off the sd card is sublime.

The R6 is better with TIDAL, not perfect though. No pops and clicks, but the wifi antenna disconnects on the R6 (sorry for the off topic, just trying to help).

for primary TIDAL use, I personally would recommend the LG V30, for always online lossless and especially MQA and just keep the DX200 for everything else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back