iBasso DX200 Bug Thread - Post Any Firmware Bugs/Issues Here
Apr 14, 2018 at 1:03 AM Post #211 of 333
both, for my device. Its annoying at this price imo, but direct DSD and anything else off the sd card is sublime.

The R6 is better with TIDAL, not perfect though. No pops and clicks, but the wifi antenna disconnects on the R6 (sorry for the off topic, just trying to help).

for primary TIDAL use, I personally would recommend the LG V30, for always online lossless and especially MQA and just keep the DX200 for everything else.

Did you try listening tidal in UAPP?

Apr 14, 2018 at 9:04 AM Post #213 of 333
Those who experience pops and cracks with Tidal, please try to update firmware to 2.8.198L1. I can't check it myself, but beta testers reported it resolves the problem for them.

Apr 15, 2018 at 11:29 PM Post #215 of 333
@Paul - iBasso will the bluetooth issue be fixed ?
Speaking of Bluetooth, using my DX200 Bluetooth to send music to my wireless Bluetooth phones, the connection is so weak as to be unusable. Range is only about 3 feet. All my other sources work at far greater distances with the same phones.

Apr 18, 2018 at 1:06 AM Post #216 of 333
I'm noticing an intermittent static noise in the left channel when streaming Tidal or just even in the app, no music playing. Same goes for Tidal via UAPP. Seems anything but a static image on the screen will create this noise as well.

I would say it sounds identical to what a dirty pot sounds like. That same scratchy noise but very, very quiet. Can't hear it with music playing save for extremely quite passages. It's extra bad (read: continuous, same volume though) after pushing play while waiting for track to play. I can at least say this is not firmware related having tried that.

Seems this person on Ebay was equally as thrilled:

1. Wifi Audio Interference - One of the first things I did when I got my DX200 was to install TIDAL. A lossless music streaming service on a DAP of this caliber was just a no-brainer, but I was immediately frustrated. While listening, I quickly noticed intermittent static in the left ear. I thought it was a short in my headphones until I realized that it didn't happen when in MangoOS mode. At this point, I thought it was just a TIDAL issue, but then I started using the DX200 to browse the internet one day while listening and immediately noticed that downloading data cause the issue. Loading any amount of data over wifi will cause the interference. Turn off the wifi and it goes away. The worst part about this bug is that I doubt this is fixable with a firmware update. My guess would be that this is a hardware design issue, but I would be absolutely thrilled if I was wrong!

@Paul - iBasso any help? This was bought Jan 2018

Apr 18, 2018 at 1:56 PM Post #217 of 333
I'm noticing an intermittent static noise in the left channel when streaming Tidal or just even in the app, no music playing. Same goes for Tidal via UAPP. Seems anything but a static image on the screen will create this noise as well.

I would say it sounds identical to what a dirty pot sounds like. That same scratchy noise but very, very quiet. Can't hear it with music playing save for extremely quite passages. It's extra bad (read: continuous, same volume though) after pushing play while waiting for track to play. I can at least say this is not firmware related having tried that.

Seems this person on Ebay was equally as thrilled:

1. Wifi Audio Interference - One of the first things I did when I got my DX200 was to install TIDAL. A lossless music streaming service on a DAP of this caliber was just a no-brainer, but I was immediately frustrated. While listening, I quickly noticed intermittent static in the left ear. I thought it was a short in my headphones until I realized that it didn't happen when in MangoOS mode. At this point, I thought it was just a TIDAL issue, but then I started using the DX200 to browse the internet one day while listening and immediately noticed that downloading data cause the issue. Loading any amount of data over wifi will cause the interference. Turn off the wifi and it goes away. The worst part about this bug is that I doubt this is fixable with a firmware update. My guess would be that this is a hardware design issue, but I would be absolutely thrilled if I was wrong!

@Paul - iBasso any help? This was bought Jan 2018
Are you using 5G on your router? 2.4 dose not work very well.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Apr 18, 2018 at 2:02 PM Post #218 of 333
Are you using 5G on your router? 2.4 dose not work very well.

Ah jeez, it won't find my 5G. All my other devices are on it fine. Couldn't find it last week so I downloaded Wifi Analyzer and it worked but it's gone again and I've troubleshooted everything I can think of. BTW it sees three 5G networks from my neighbors but not mine 10ft away.

Apr 18, 2018 at 2:07 PM Post #219 of 333
Ah jeez, it won't find my 5G. All my other devices are on it fine. Couldn't find it last week so I downloaded Wifi Analyzer and it worked but it's gone again and I've troubleshooted everything I can think of. BTW it sees three 5G networks from my neighbors but not mine 10ft away.
Have you tried doing a factory reset on the DX200?

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Apr 18, 2018 at 2:21 PM Post #221 of 333
As I type this I'm in the process of putting old FW on it as I'm lost for further troubleshooting. I've tried every possible thing I can think of spending over 3 hours last night and now back at it with trying FW today

Apr 18, 2018 at 4:16 PM Post #222 of 333
@Paul - iBasso So I've exhausted every avenue I know of. I can't get 5G on any FW either. Wifi Analyzer initially worked to get the DX200 to see my 5G but only that one time, never again. Doesn't matter if I power cycle router, reboot, factory reset, different FW, different wifi apps. Let me say again that all my other wifi enabled devices work on both 2.4GHz and 5GHz and the DX200 can see other 5G networks but it has chosen never to see mine again. TBH this is only frustrating because the whole reason I need to switch to 5G is get rid of this interference noise when streaming. So in trying to fix a problem (we're not talking about harmonic distortion, this noise is similar to a scratchy pot) I have to fix another problem. Help. Please. Fast : )

Last edited:
Apr 18, 2018 at 6:28 PM Post #223 of 333
@Paul - iBasso So I've exhausted every avenue I know of. I can't get 5G on any FW either. Wifi Analyzer initially worked to get the DX200 to see my 5G but only that one time, never again. Doesn't matter if I power cycle router, reboot, factory reset, different FW, different wifi apps. Let me say again that all my other wifi enabled devices work on both 2.4GHz and 5GHz and the DX200 can see other 5G networks but it has chosen never to see mine again. TBH this is only frustrating because the whole reason I need to switch to 5G is get rid of this interference noise when streaming. So in trying to fix a unacceptable problem (we're not talking about harmonic distortion levels here, this is noise similar to a scratchy pot) I have to fix another problem. Help. Please. Fast : )
All good now! To anyone that can't find their 5G...while an app like WiFi Analyzer will work (for me only once though) changing the channel on your router worked when nothing would. Once on 5G, no more interference noise when streaming. Lovely!

Last edited:
Apr 24, 2018 at 10:57 AM Post #224 of 333
Hi!
Here's what's happening with my DX 150: I will select an album to play. The album will play just fine until the last song. At that point, the song stops about 3-4 seconds before the end. However, if I play the final song by itself, it will play all the way to the end. I've tried a factory reset, as well as trying all the different digital filters. No difference. I've contacted Paul about this and they are looking into it. Has anyone else had this problem?

Last edited:
Apr 25, 2018 at 11:16 PM Post #225 of 333
My dx200 just shut down unexpectedly and when I turn it back on the startup screen appears and then it goes to th shutdown mode and says “see you” and shuts off. Anybody else have this issue and if so what was the remedy for it. Thanks for any replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back