iBasso DX200 Bug Thread - Post Any Firmware Bugs/Issues Here
Apr 25, 2018 at 11:56 PM Post #226 of 333
My dx200 just shut down unexpectedly and when I turn it back on the startup screen appears and then it goes to th shutdown mode and says “see you” and shuts off. Anybody else have this issue and if so what was the remedy for it. Thanks for any replies.
With the cable plugged in does show it is charging? You might try a different USB C cable and charger.

Apr 26, 2018 at 12:15 AM Post #228 of 333
It showed that it was charging. The battery was about 75% when it stopped.
Try a hard shutdown. Push and on the power button and the play button at the same time and hold it.

Apr 26, 2018 at 12:42 AM Post #229 of 333
Try a hard shutdown. Push and on the power button and the play button at the same time and hold it.
Before I tried the hard shutdown, it just started working again. I have had it since December 2017 and this is the first issue I have had. It was not working for about 30 minutes. If it happens again I will try the hard shutdown. Thanks for your reply!
Regards,
Kemp

May 8, 2018 at 8:24 PM Post #230 of 333
Apologies for interrupting your discussion but I'm having some issues with my 200- I have tried across the forums but there's so much & I'm not seeing anything that can help.

It will not play 'All songs' from a genre but an album therein(pointless). Similarly if your in Artists & select one again it will only play an album within. Updated last night to v2.8.198- issue still there. Only using it in shuffle mode due to the issue. What was also happening was if it hit a song that you had 8(example) versions(same artist) in your library it would then proceed to play each one before 'shuffling' forward to a different song. This seems resolved with the latest update.

Initially ran a 112SD, same issues. Haven't connected it to the Mac yet. Kept it simple. Used dBPowerAmp, converted to FLAC then dragged & dropped all my Artist folders onto the SD(ExFat) before inserting in DX & running a scan, no problems encountered unto this point. Running a 200Gb card now(80% full) & was wondering if anyone else is having the same problem?
Regards,
Bedrock

May 9, 2018 at 11:49 AM Post #231 of 333
Apologies for interrupting your discussion but I'm having some issues with my 200- I have tried across the forums but there's so much & I'm not seeing anything that can help.

It will not play 'All songs' from a genre but an album therein(pointless). Similarly if your in Artists & select one again it will only play an album within. Updated last night to v2.8.198- issue still there. Only using it in shuffle mode due to the issue. What was also happening was if it hit a song that you had 8(example) versions(same artist) in your library it would then proceed to play each one before 'shuffling' forward to a different song. This seems resolved with the latest update.

Initially ran a 112SD, same issues. Haven't connected it to the Mac yet. Kept it simple. Used dBPowerAmp, converted to FLAC then dragged & dropped all my Artist folders onto the SD(ExFat) before inserting in DX & running a scan, no problems encountered unto this point. Running a 200Gb card now(80% full) & was wondering if anyone else is having the same problem?
Regards,
Bedrock
Thank you. I have passed this on to our software team and they will look into this.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
May 10, 2018 at 3:30 PM Post #232 of 333
I'm having great difficulty uploading music to the internal memory of my DX200. I've connected it to my MacBook pro but finder cannot see it. I've pulled down the android menu and selected file transfer, but finder still doesn't see it. Has anyone had this problem ?

May 10, 2018 at 3:36 PM Post #233 of 333
I'm having great difficulty uploading music to the internal memory of my DX200. I've connected it to my MacBook pro but finder cannot see it. I've pulled down the android menu and selected file transfer, but finder still doesn't see it. Has anyone had this problem ?
In Mac, you need a program to mount the internal memory/microSD in the Finder: Android File Transfer (https://is.gd/5QTWZi) and select Transfer Files in the menu of USB in the DX200. In the the AFT window you can select the files to transfer or just drag from a Finder window to the AFT window.

May 10, 2018 at 4:26 PM Post #234 of 333
In Mac, you need a program to mount the internal memory/microSD in the Finder: Android File Transfer (https://is.gd/5QTWZi) and select Transfer Files in the menu of USB in the DX200. In the the AFT window you can select the files to transfer or just drag from a Finder window to the AFT window.
Thanks for that, worked a treat. Strange thing is, I managed to upload 4 albums to my internal storage the day I got my DX200,, without any additional software but for the life of me I couldn't manage it a second time.The AFT software makes it easy. Thanks again.

May 10, 2018 at 10:03 PM Post #236 of 333
May 12, 2018 at 8:27 PM Post #237 of 333
Thanks Paco. Tried the last three nights, given up, flaky. Get to load 3 to 5Gb onto the SD card before pop up msg from AFT-'Cannot connect to Storage Device'. The DX still reads as before ie USB setting-'File Transfer'. (Plus the contents within the AFT window don't scroll so at some point there won't be room to place a folder.) I'm going to get my hands on a Windows laptop & see how it works out. Even if I could get AFT stable I think a 200Gb card is asking a lot.

Thanks though, it was looking really good initially.

May 12, 2018 at 9:45 PM Post #238 of 333
Has anyone experienced loud sonic clicks between songs when using tidal? I cannot figure out how to stop that and feel like I'm hurting my hearing, it's really ruining my experience.

Using latest version of Tidal with hifi subscription on the latest dx200 firmware.

Any help would be much appreciated!

May 13, 2018 at 8:47 AM Post #239 of 333
Thanks Paco. Tried the last three nights, given up, flaky. Get to load 3 to 5Gb onto the SD card before pop up msg from AFT-'Cannot connect to Storage Device'. The DX still reads as before ie USB setting-'File Transfer'. (Plus the contents within the AFT window don't scroll so at some point there won't be room to place a folder.) I'm going to get my hands on a Windows laptop & see how it works out. Even if I could get AFT stable I think a 200Gb card is asking a lot.

Hi Bedrock,

Sorry if I introduced some confusion. AFT is at the moment the only method to mount DX 200 “internal” memory. For microSD cards you can use a microSD USB reader or a SD USB reader using the adapter included with the card: Mac will read these cards without problem (whenever they are formatted as FAT or exFAT). I have several 128, 200 and 256 cards and use both types of USB readers connected directly to the Mac USB port. Furthermore, these cards behave like any other disk plugged to the Mac.
Also, the DX200 returns to USB for charging whenever you unplug it. Have to select USB for file transfer when plugged again.
I hope this is clear and helps you.

May 13, 2018 at 10:11 AM Post #240 of 333
Hi Bedrock,

Sorry if I introduced some confusion. AFT is at the moment the only method to mount DX 200 “internal” memory. For microSD cards you can use a microSD USB reader or a SD USB reader using the adapter included with the card: Mac will read these cards without problem (whenever they are formatted as FAT or exFAT). I have several 128, 200 and 256 cards and use both types of USB readers connected directly to the Mac USB port. Furthermore, these cards behave like any other disk plugged to the Mac.
Also, the DX200 returns to USB for charging whenever you unplug it. Have to select USB for file transfer when plugged again.
I hope this is clear and helps you.
Hi Paco
Thanks for the msg- definitely know now what I need to do. Will get on it later tonight & post feedback assp.
Thanks again

Users who are viewing this thread

Back