iBasso DX120 pure DAP player. Balanced, single ended, line out and 2 micro SD slots. FW 2.9.21 now out!
Oct 30, 2018 at 6:22 AM Post #751 of 2,153
Oct 30, 2018 at 5:11 PM Post #752 of 2,153
More impressions-

I've been trying out DSD files, having downloaded a few from HD tracks and NativeDSD. The albums sound pretty superb! However, as I noticed before, there is a noticeable popping when one track ends and another begins. Sometimes it is quite loud. This happens regardless of whether or not I use gapless playback.

The equalizer does not work on DSD playback. Is this normal for DSD files?

The noise/hissing/popping is still present on line out when starting/stopping tracks, skipping tracks, etc...

My music library list randomly disappeared after pausing my player while taking a pizza out of the oven. I did a rescan of the libraries, and everything was fine, but it seemed quite odd

The player will freeze for up to a minute if I scroll too quickly through my list of albums, and I'm not scrolling like a madman either. On some occasions, it has caused the player to lock up and restart itself.

During DSD playback, the music will stop briefly stop playing each time I progress through the album list (while scrolling), i.e., each time I swipe up or down.

The sound mode function does not seem to have any perceptible effect on music- does it actually do anything? The digital filters on the other hand are very subtle, yet interesting.

The included front screen protector fits absolutely perfectly, and was a very, very nice addition.

I didn't realize how curvy they left side of the player was, it's quite a sexy beast.

The screen is absolutely stunning. I'm using a photo from the Hubble space telescope as wallpaper, and it is just awesome on this player.

The sound quality on this player is very, very good. I am realizing how terrible some recordings are, and realizing how other recordings are treasure boxes full of never before heard details! This thing is a beast for jazz.

I can't wait to try out the balance connection.

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2018 at 5:19 PM Post #753 of 2,153
The included front screen protector fits absolutely perfectly, and was a very, very nice addition.

I assumed one was pre-applied and that the other was a spare. Is this not the case?

I can't wait to try out the balance connection.

I have been enjoying my VE Zen LL (150 ohm) out of the balanced connection.

Oct 30, 2018 at 5:54 PM Post #754 of 2,153
I assumed one was pre-applied and that the other was a spare. Is this not the case?

I have been enjoying my VE Zen LL (150 ohm) out of the balanced connection.

I'm not sure if I had one pre-applied. If so, then I may have 'double bagged' it. Works the same!

Oct 30, 2018 at 6:05 PM Post #755 of 2,153
I'm not sure if I had one pre-applied. If so, then I may have 'double bagged' it. Works the same!

Better two than none... I need to find out. I know there is a protector pre-applied to the back but now I am not sure about the front.

Oct 31, 2018 at 4:22 AM Post #756 of 2,153
Better two than none... I need to find out. I know there is a protector pre-applied to the back but now I am not sure about the front.
I'm pretty sure it's the only screen protector. Otherwise, they did a really good job finding a screen and a screen protector that lies perfectly flush with the surface of the player. :)

Oct 31, 2018 at 10:18 AM Post #757 of 2,153
I'm pretty sure it's the only screen protector. Otherwise, they did a really good job finding a screen and a screen protector that lies perfectly flush with the surface of the player. :)

I was told that the screen protector with the DX120 is a hardened extra glass. There is one already applied. Now that I know that I can see that it is there.

A glass screen protector does lie perfectly flush with the surface of the player. My husband had one on his DX200 but it got scuffed and he took it off. Not sure if he has applied the included plastic spare, So when you plastic one wears out you can just remove that and you will still have the glass one in perfect condition.

Oct 31, 2018 at 12:29 PM Post #758 of 2,153
Heard MITER is about to release DX120 leather case. Will let you know how it fits once I receive it for testing. Really curious what they come up with considering unique shape of DX120.

Nov 1, 2018 at 10:00 PM Post #765 of 2,153
After using Lurker's 2.2.42L1 for a while, went back to stock 2.2.42 because I felt that the battery drains a little faster.

To Ibasso: Regarding long song title names in Now Playing screen and Music Info screen where they aren't displayed whole, just with ellipsis (...). Can you please fix them in the next update? Like maybe make them move from left to right/vice versa to display the complete name? Thank you

Users who are viewing this thread

Back