iBasso DX120 pure DAP player. Balanced, single ended, line out and 2 micro SD slots. FW 2.9.21 now out!
Oct 28, 2018 at 6:42 AM Post #723 of 2,153
I can confirm folder play option doesn't work even after reboot and full rescan of library Actually player goes to next folder chooses the last track there and stops. Not the expected behavior for sure.

Oct 28, 2018 at 7:55 AM Post #724 of 2,153
I can confirm folder play option doesn't work even after reboot and full rescan of library Actually player goes to next folder chooses the last track there and stops. Not the expected behavior for sure.

Are you using directory view or artist view? I thought that the other day I got it to work in directory view, but now that you mentioned it, I do remember also seeing the behavior that you described..going to the last track of the next album and stopping. Not sure what view I was using at the time. No time for further experimentation at the moment.

Oct 28, 2018 at 7:59 AM Post #725 of 2,153
Are you using directory view or artist view? I thought that the other day I got it to work in directory view, but now that you mentioned it, I do remember also seeing the behavior that you described..going to the last track of the next album and stopping. Not sure what view I was using at the time. No time for further experimentation at the moment.

I am using folder view and seeing this behavior. Haven't tried artist view as I do not use it. I have everything organized in folders and listen to discographies album by album so the order of folders that I set is important for me

Oct 28, 2018 at 7:59 AM Post #726 of 2,153
After burning in, I have spent some time with this DAP, and I love it! Exceptional performance for the price. I bought this as a source for my IT04 and, as expected, they pair really well. My other DAP is an AKjr - which is a nice DAP, but the DX120 is clearly a cut above in pretty much all areas. The thing that has surprised me most though is soundstage and imaging. With cans that have a wide stage and good imaging, which in my collection is my Shure SRH1840's, the DX120 really shows what they are capable of. The holographic sense of immersion is fantastic. In terms of sound impressions I pretty much agree with Twister6's review: https://twister6.com/2018/09/15/ibasso-dx120/

Really enjoying my new toy ..

dx01.jpg

Oct 28, 2018 at 8:04 AM Post #727 of 2,153
I am using folder view and seeing this behavior. Haven't tried artist view as I do not use it. I have everything organized in folders and listen to discographies album by album so the order of folders that I set is important for me

I like to use artist view when there are two cards because sometimes it is difficult to remember which card a certain album is on. I see that the manual does say to use directory view. Obviously the folder play option is currently buggy.

Oct 28, 2018 at 9:03 AM Post #728 of 2,153
iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Oct 28, 2018 at 9:11 AM Post #729 of 2,153
New firmware for the DX120 is now available! Enjoy and always, Enjoy the Music!

http://www.ibasso.com/down.php

Thanks Paul.

Improvements with this firmware:

1. Added option "Never" to Backlight off.
2. Rectified the bug that when using the line out and pause, there was a slight hiss.
3. Updated the decode engine to have better support for DXD.

If I can make a wish for the next firmware, I'd appreciate an option to change the color of the UI to metallic blue, in order to match the one on my DX120 case.

Thanks.

Oct 28, 2018 at 9:30 AM Post #730 of 2,153
New firmware for the DX120 is now available! Enjoy and always, Enjoy the Music!

http://www.ibasso.com/down.php
I have installed the Update and waited for it to re-boot as per the instructions. Why is all the wording greyed out. Does that not mean it has not automatically re-booted and I i have to turn it on/off manually to do a factory reset?

Oct 28, 2018 at 9:32 AM Post #731 of 2,153
I have installed the Update and waited for it to re-boot as per the instructions. Why is all the wording greyed out. Does that not mean it has not automatically re-booted and I i have to turn it on/off manually to do a factory reset?

The manual says to do a factory reset at the end.

Oct 28, 2018 at 9:47 AM Post #732 of 2,153
The manual says to do a factory reset at the end.
I have read the manual and the instructions that came in the readme File. It states that the DX120 will re-boot when completed. How long does it take to update? I looked after five minutes and it was showing everything in a grey state. I assumed it had re-booted. I can go into Settings and Advanced but am not able to read the categories thereafter as they are too faint. Any help would be appreciated, as it is in a state of limbo at the moment.

Oct 28, 2018 at 9:52 AM Post #733 of 2,153
Even if it reboots itself, you will need to do factory reset. Mine always has volume animation on main screen without me touching the volume buttons right after update, and factory reset fixes everything, so it is always good to do factory reset after update. Actually it is not a smartphone and not much to restore afterwards, so such reset is not at all the pain.

Oct 28, 2018 at 9:56 AM Post #734 of 2,153
Just updated my DX120 to latest firmware, still folder play doesn't work. Well, seems like need to wait for another month... sigh...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back