iBasso DX120 pure DAP player. Balanced, single ended, line out and 2 micro SD slots. FW 2.9.21 now out!
Oct 28, 2018 at 11:19 AM Post #737 of 2,153
Even if it reboots itself, you will need to do factory reset. Mine always has volume animation on main screen without me touching the volume buttons right after update, and factory reset fixes everything, so it is always good to do factory reset after update. Actually it is not a smartphone and not much to restore afterwards, so such reset is not at all the pain.
I would love to do a factory reset but all segements are greyed out so I am unable to ascertain which segment is Factory Reset. Surely on should be able to see everything clearly on the screen?

Oct 28, 2018 at 11:21 AM Post #738 of 2,153
Just updated my DX120 to latest firmware, still folder play doesn't work. Well, seems like need to wait for another month... sigh...

They probably were unaware of the folder play problem when they made this new firmware. Nobody had really said anything about the problem until now. For now we will just have to start the next album manually. Don't worry. iBasso has always been very good about firmware updates.

Oct 28, 2018 at 11:22 AM Post #739 of 2,153
If you are unable to do factory reset normally I would advise you to re flash firmware using factory tool that Paul has provided I believe within this thread..

Oct 28, 2018 at 11:23 AM Post #740 of 2,153
They probably were unaware of the folder play problem when they made this new firmware. Nobody had really said anything about the problem until now. For now we will just have to start the next album manually. Don't worry. iBasso has always been very good about firmware updates.

Yes no worries with that Actually this is the most glitch free dap I have owned maybe except for AK Kann

Oct 28, 2018 at 11:35 AM Post #741 of 2,153
If you are unable to do factory reset normally I would advise you to re flash firmware using factory tool that Paul has provided I believe within this thread..
I have managed to do a factory reset as I could vaguely see a box with a Tick, even though I could not see any narrative. It then went through the Factory Reset. I then checked that it had the latest Firmware installed. Very odd that the screen "Greys" out after Installation of the Updated Firmware.

Oct 28, 2018 at 6:01 PM Post #743 of 2,153
Question about the power of the iBasso DX120 and how it handles really sensitive multi driver iem's.
What is the measured deviation? I read that the DX200 is very small and can be calculated to be below 0.5 Ohms (the official value is < 0.3 Ohms).
How does the Dx120 compare?
My apologies if that info is right in the spec's as I didn't see it.
thanks

Oct 29, 2018 at 5:46 PM Post #745 of 2,153
Phfew... I just went thru 50 pages!

Now i feel a little more entitled to ask...

I've never owned an ibasso player before and this is looking so devilishly tempting but today gain seems to not be mentioned anywhere. Does this feature exist on the dx120? Going from the 'good version' of Californication to By The Way can be quite a painful experience without it.

Either way, i can only justify this purchase if i can flog off something from my already fairly unreasonably substantial collection.

Eeny meeny miney moe?

Oct 29, 2018 at 5:56 PM Post #746 of 2,153
Phfew... I just went thru 50 pages!

Now i feel a little more entitled to ask...

I've never owned an ibasso player before and this is looking so devilishly tempting but today gain seems to not be mentioned anywhere. Does this feature exist on the dx120? Going from the 'good version' of Californication to By The Way can be quite a painful experience without it.

Either way, i can only justify this purchase if i can flog off something from my already fairly unreasonably substantial collection.

Eeny meeny miney moe?

It has high and low gain.
Download and read the manual to get a better idea... Link posted a page or two back .

Just realized you are probably talking about replay gain.

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2018 at 6:03 PM Post #747 of 2,153
For those who uses my firmware builds: 2.2.42-L0/L1

I am interested...this is my first iBasso dap (although I have used my husbands DX50 and DX80 in the past) so I am not familiar with your firmware builds but I do use custom firmware on my Cayin N3 so I understand the possible benefits. Kind of waiting for someone to go first....

:)

Oct 29, 2018 at 7:14 PM Post #748 of 2,153
It has high and low gain.
Download and read the manual to get a better idea... Link posted a page or two back .

Just realized you are probably talking about replay gain.

Yes, I meant replay gain. I wrote that post on my phone and the word 'replay' somehow magically disappeared. Sorry.

Couldn't find anything on it on the manual, which means no RG? Is the implementation a possibility in the future? I'm a big fan of not needing to 'panic volume dive'.

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2018 at 6:18 AM Post #749 of 2,153
Oct 30, 2018 at 6:20 AM Post #750 of 2,153

Users who are viewing this thread

Back