iBasso DX120 pure DAP player. Balanced, single ended, line out and 2 micro SD slots. FW 2.9.21 now out!
Feb 22, 2023 at 11:36 AM Post #2,146 of 2,153
No i tested the cards and both were ok (using windows diagnostics). I played around and discovered that second ssd drive was not reading either card but both read perfectly in the first slot.

So down to one slot (it is 3 years old) - i had a fiio x7 that eventually had the same problem and that had only one slot so i recycled it.

thank you for our advice

david
In that case, it could have to do with dirty contacts, or simply wear and tear, I used to wear thing out in the first year or 2, random drops, bumps, dust, lint and humidity is enough to ruin most electronics.
I would say if your previous player had similar issues then it's probably something like that.

If you want to fix it, try contacting Paul at ibasso, super helpful

Feb 24, 2023 at 2:35 PM Post #2,147 of 2,153
Dug my unit out of storage and the battery has swollen (out of warranty), guessing iBasso wont repair? Has anyone purchased a replacement battery for their DX120?

Feb 24, 2023 at 3:15 PM Post #2,148 of 2,153
Dug my unit out of storage and the battery has swollen (out of warranty), guessing iBasso wont repair? Has anyone purchased a replacement battery for their DX120?
ibasso keeps batteries for some time. You can still even get new ones for the DX100, which I recently made sure it was doing good.

Mar 20, 2023 at 9:21 AM Post #2,149 of 2,153
*update, unit returned to iBasso, replacement battery fixed and device returned back in full working order. Excellent service.

Mar 22, 2023 at 4:34 AM Post #2,153 of 2,153
No i tested the cards and both were ok (using windows diagnostics). I played around and discovered that second ssd drive was not reading either card but both read perfectly in the first slot.

So down to one slot (it is 3 years old) - i had a fiio x7 that eventually had the same problem and that had only one slot so i recycled it.

thank you for our advice

david
Update, i discovered eventually it was the sd card not the ibasso at fault. It now works perfectly with a new sd card.

The original card tested fine using win10 diagnostics so there you go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back