iBasso DX120 pure DAP player. Balanced, single ended, line out and 2 micro SD slots. FW 2.9.21 now out!
Aug 9, 2019 at 9:25 PM Post #1,636 of 2,153
yeah same here, even if i dont like some of the tracks on the album i still like to listen to it how the artist intended. I typically use folder view with the DX120 but im starting to play around with playlists though as i can export it to my plex server to play around the house....have not tried it yet but thats the plan.

Yeah I had a fiio that would always have issues unless browsing directly through directory. This dx120 is a breath of fresh air in comparison.

Aug 10, 2019 at 11:40 AM Post #1,640 of 2,153
after upgrade FW to their latest does anyone have an issue with the librarys? it seems my albums are some get mixed up & some of them even doesn't show, have to go to directory, been scanning about 5 times and still the same.

Aug 10, 2019 at 11:52 AM Post #1,641 of 2,153
after upgrade FW to their latest does anyone have an issue with the librarys? it seems my albums are some get mixed up & some of them even doesn't show, have to go to directory, been scanning about 5 times and still the same.
Does the scan complete?

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Aug 10, 2019 at 12:01 PM Post #1,642 of 2,153
Does the scan complete?

yes paul, i notice many of the files are in aiff format, but not really sure 100% tho. as an example i have several Roxette album that i ripped from my cd's, and the crash boom bang album just show 1 song, as other example matchbox twenty 1 have 3 album that also i ripped from my cd's the album just show 1 and the rest of the others album are in there.

Aug 10, 2019 at 12:31 PM Post #1,643 of 2,153
yes paul, i notice many of the files are in aiff format, but not really sure 100% tho. as an example i have several Roxette album that i ripped from my cd's, and the crash boom bang album just show 1 song, as other example matchbox twenty 1 have 3 album that also i ripped from my cd's the album just show 1 and the rest of the others album are in there.
I am not sure what your last sentence means. The scan completes but not everything in the albums shows up?

Aug 10, 2019 at 12:36 PM Post #1,644 of 2,153
I am not sure what your last sentence means. The scan completes but not everything in the albums shows up?

yes, it won't show the 3 whole album, it just show 1 album, but inside of it lay all the tracks from other unshow album. and also it suddenly skip tracks, i was listening to kelly clarkson songs and the next song change to marshmello, this often happens.

Aug 10, 2019 at 12:52 PM Post #1,645 of 2,153
yes, it won't show the 3 whole album, it just show 1 album, but inside of it lay all the tracks from other unshow album. and also it suddenly skip tracks, i was listening to kelly clarkson songs and the next song change to marshmello, this often happens.

this one is when i search from artis name
20190810_234359.jpg
and this is from the directory.
20190810_234443.jpg

see the problem paul? also now everytime i played 1 song and the next song play is by marshmello. yes i did the factory reset twice and nothing good happened.
maybe tomorrow i roll back the FW.
pardon my english tho.

Aug 10, 2019 at 1:11 PM Post #1,646 of 2,153
this one is when i search from artis name
and this is from the directory.

see the problem paul? also now everytime i played 1 song and the next song play is by marshmello. yes i did the factory reset twice and nothing good happened.
maybe tomorrow i roll back the FW.
pardon my english tho.
Can you send the albums that are doing this using WeTransfer to service@ibasso.com? We can then find out what the issue is.

Aug 10, 2019 at 5:49 PM Post #1,648 of 2,153
Any of you guys using faster micro sd cards, what read and write speeds are you hitting with DX120 hooked up to a pc transferring files? I think I got a fake card...

Unless I am just adding an album or two to one of my daps, I usually find it better to put the card in a card reader when using the PC to transfer files.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back