iBasso DX120 pure DAP player. Balanced, single ended, line out and 2 micro SD slots. FW 2.9.21 now out!
Aug 9, 2019 at 10:20 AM Post #1,621 of 2,153
There was an old man walking with his son and their donkey, the son was riding the donkey. Upon passing a group of people they started judging them and scoughing at the son that the old man had to walk. The son got off to let the old man ride the donkey. Upon passing another group of people through the next town ..."look at that lazy old man making his son walk. The father and son decided to both ride the donkey, next town they were scolded for weighing down the donkey. "Look at that poor donkey, how can he even move!". Once the father and son reached their destination they were both seen carrying the donkey! They were the laughing stock of the town. Lol bottom line it's impossible to please everyone.
Hmm, why are you telling me this? Are you implying that I was asking for too much?
If yes then instead of writing this nonsense story, I think you can take your time answering some of the questions, like:
Did anyone ask for the change?
Did Ibasso deliberately do it?
If yes then why isn't it on the patch notes?
If no then could it be an error like last firmware "play mode" as I was assuming?
In that case, should people shout out so it can be fixed on the next firmware?

Not mentioning that it is just an OLD feature, and I didn't even ask for any change :v I just needed a confirmation before getting an update LOL

Last edited:
Aug 9, 2019 at 10:32 AM Post #1,622 of 2,153
arev there any pictures available of how the UI looks with the lurker software?
Pretty much the same with an improvement in font, here's how it looks like
chrome_2019-08-09_21-34-38.th.jpg

Ji4E3N
Bigger pics:
https://www.upsieutoc.com/images/2019/08/09/46502215_444465012750564_329332397130645504_n.jpg

Last edited:
Aug 9, 2019 at 11:17 AM Post #1,623 of 2,153
Hmm, why are you telling me this? Are you implying that I was asking for too much?
If yes then instead of writing this nonsense story, I think you can take your time answering some of the questions, like:
Did anyone ask for the change?
Did Ibasso deliberately do it?
If yes then why isn't it on the patch notes?
If no then could it be an error like last firmware "play mode" as I was assuming?
In that case, should people shout out so it can be fixed on the next firmware?

Not mentioning that it is just an OLD feature, and I didn't even ask for any change :v I just needed a confirmation before getting an update LOL

I have the newest firmware they just released yesterday, and it does in fact highlight the song that is playing when you swype to the right to go back to the album list/now playing....unless im not understanding what you are saying?. My story highlights the fact that its impossible to please everyone so "we" should be understanding of minor firmware changes as it also keeps the cost of these mid-fi devices lower and the hardware quality higher, its unfortunate you thought it was nonsense ill keep that in mind for next time.

Last edited:
Aug 9, 2019 at 11:46 AM Post #1,625 of 2,153
I have the newest firmware they just released yesterday, and it does in fact highlight the song that is playing when you swype to the right to go back to the album list/now playing....unless im not understanding what you are saying?
In the lists of Artists and Albums highlighting is present. But there is no highlight in the lists of Cards and Folders - it needs to be done.

Last edited:
Aug 9, 2019 at 11:59 AM Post #1,626 of 2,153
I have the newest firmware they just released yesterday, and it does in fact highlight the song that is playing when you swype to the right to go back to the album list/now playing....unless im not understanding what you are saying?. My story highlights the fact that its impossible to please everyone so "we" should be understanding of minor firmware changes as it also keeps the cost of these mid-fi devices lower and the hardware quality higher, its unfortunate you thought it was nonsense ill keep that in mind for next time.
Maybe next time you can just go straight to the point and answer my question like you did in your first sentence. I can see that dx120 isn't Ibasso's main focus as you said, especially for the the past few months, it is still kind of disappointing if 2 consecutive firmwares contain these type of flaws.
However, I just can't see how you're story related to mine as I was just checking if the flaw is true or not LOL

Aug 9, 2019 at 12:07 PM Post #1,627 of 2,153
In the lists of Artists and Albums highlighting is present. But there is no highlight in the lists of Cards and Folders - it needs to be done.

Ok i get what you are saying, its a feature that appears to be dependent on the ID3 tagging as it looks like its only available in the now playing menu and dropdown list. The now playing screen seems to sort by album folder. I dont really see how its easily possible for ibasso to do this. Im actually pretty happy with the features for browsing and selecting music, my Fiio x5ii browsing UI was terrible so i always used folder/directory view. No major complaints from the Ibasso one.

Aug 9, 2019 at 12:10 PM Post #1,628 of 2,153
Maybe next time you can just go straight to the point and answer my question like you did in your first sentence. I can see that dx120 isn't Ibasso's main focus as you said, especially for the the past few months, it is still kind of disappointing if 2 consecutive firmwares contain these type of flaws.
However, I just can't see how you're story related to mine as I was just checking if the flaw is true or not LOL

Have you owned any other chinese DAP's? Im actually impressed by how usable the UI is in comparison because it can be a whole lot worse and they ignore their customers...im looking at you FiiO. I couldn't even get a battery from them as they refused to ship to canada and than just stopped replying. At any rate, yes IMO you are being picky but it is what it is. What might not be a big deal for me might be for you. Im just trying to count the blessings with this player for the price and not look a gift horse in the mouth so to speak.

Last edited:
Aug 9, 2019 at 2:36 PM Post #1,629 of 2,153
Have you owned any other chinese DAP's? Im actually impressed by how usable the UI is in comparison because it can be a whole lot worse and they ignore their customers...im looking at you FiiO. I couldn't even get a battery from them as they refused to ship to canada and than just stopped replying. At any rate, yes IMO you are being picky but it is what it is. What might not be a big deal for me might be for you. Im just trying to count the blessings with this player for the price and not look a gift horse in the mouth so to speak.
Of course I know how good it is, that's why I'm still using it LOL It still has nothing to do with the fact that I have the right and demand for improvement for my device, that's why I'm making feedback to hope that Ibasso will make it better, not making bad words about it, is that clear?
I'm not comparing it to any other device, I'm comparing to itself, look at the earlier firmwares, did they encounter the same problem? Why can't I be disappointed?
Again, you don't have to convince or explain to me anything more because if I didnt like it, I woudn't have spend my time here discussing about it.
So please can you just get over it and focus on the new firmware itself?

Last edited:
Aug 9, 2019 at 6:03 PM Post #1,631 of 2,153
Of course I know how good it is, that's why I'm still using it LOL It still has nothing to do with the fact that I have the right and demand for improvement for my device, that's why I'm making feedback to hope that Ibasso will make it better, not making bad words about it, is that clear?
I'm not comparing it to any other device, I'm comparing to itself, look at the earlier firmwares, did they encounter the same problem? Why can't I be disappointed?
Again, you don't have to convince or explain to me anything more because if I didnt like it, I woudn't have spend my time here discussing about it.
So please can you just get over it and focus on the new firmware itself?

Ok well since we are on the topic of firmware and B***hing... when a song is played from the album view, everything works fine and the "now playing screen" loads up with the tracks. If you do this from directory browsing and selection it also loads up fine also. However, when you go back to either artist or album selection from directory, it will not load up the album into the now playing area. Instead it will play a track from the folder that was most previously selected from directory browsing. This is only a problem if you start off with directory browsing and than just jump to playing music through album or artist. This is also only on the new firmware that was just released.

My best guess is that something got messed up when they added a now playing list to playlists...

Last edited:
Aug 9, 2019 at 6:57 PM Post #1,632 of 2,153
Great device but bad coding/engineering lol

For me personally I don't make playlists and I play whole albums all the way through 99% of the time. I will hop around a bit at work though. I use artists or albums mostly exclusively to browse without issue.

Last edited:
Aug 9, 2019 at 7:07 PM Post #1,633 of 2,153
Great device but bad coding/engineering lol

For me personally I don't make playlists and I play whole albums all the way through 99% of the time. I will hop around a bit at work though. I use artists or albums mostly exclusively to browse without issue.

yeah same here, even if i dont like some of the tracks on the album i still like to listen to it how the artist intended. I typically use folder view with the DX120 but im starting to play around with playlists though as i can export it to my plex server to play around the house....have not tried it yet but thats the plan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back