1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by jamato8, Jan 23, 2012.
First

Back
887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896
898 899 900
Next

Last
  1. the wizard of oz
    You could try typing HDP-R10 in eBay for example.

2. Gerryhatrick

I think he means the Ray-out case. I would like to buy this too. My searches have been fruitless.

3. Takeanidea
    There's a silicon case available from Japan on ebay. But it's no ray out. That ray out looks the business

4. the wizard of oz
    I meant that's how I found it : I typed HDP-R10, and found the Ray-Out case like that.

5. Gerryhatrick

Could you give us the link?

6. Takeanidea
    Thanks it worked a treat for me . But for that price $57 , I'm out

7. Gerryhatrick

OK Found it - but £57 ($71); When I've had a drink or two, maybe[​IMG]

8. NymPHONOmaniac
    Hi all, i'm considering to buy a used HDP R10 but the battery need to be changed. It make some time I search and only fall on this:
    https://www.yoycart.com/Product/525315661853/

Since it's a 4800mah Polymer battery, is there any other place we can buy it? At less than 50$ it will be a plus too.

Oh, and to know I don't get a dead unit, wich it will be on arrival, did the player stop working when battery is dead? Even when it's plugged?

Thanks for some answer cause i'm quite unsure about this even it the price is ultra cheap.

9. frankrondaniel
    I'm not sure if the same applies to the HDP R10, but I purchased a replacement battery for my DX100 directly from IBasso last year. Good price (don't recall exactly but much less than $50). I would check with them.

10. NymPHONOmaniac
    Thanks guys for your answer, really appreciate it....but I finally let it go on Ebay cause it was 77$ and finally go up 200$....still a good deal I guess but it was too risky and battery sincerly look complicate to find! (And there a little risk that the DX100 is plain dead too)

Hum, but i'm still very intrigued by how it sound...as it's the same nice clean DAC that the DX90 that I own, is it really sounding different than the line out trough a good amp??? Like REALLY?

11. Kerouac
    Forgot to unsub on this thread (which I normally do when I don't own something anymore). But I've had the DX50/80/90&100 for quite some time.

To me (my ears) it was clear that the DX100 sq was performing on a higher level than the other 3. For my preference the DX90s signature was also too bright, didn't like it that much.
    DX100 had more body, details, black background and an amazing soundstage width. It was really capable of getting me involved into the music...such a sweet sound :)

Don't know about the DX90 vs DX100 DAC part, as I've only used the DX90 line out with an amp (Pico Power at that time).
    The DX100 was such a 'powerhouse' that I never felt the need of using an extra amp in the first place. Although I mainly listen with (c)iems, it could drive my headphones with ease and authority.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2017
    NymPHONOmaniac likes this.
  12. NymPHONOmaniac
    Well, both use ES9018 but DAC isn't all, still, I was thinking trough line out sound would be kind of the same for both....DX90 have so much different firmware that have an impact on soundsignature...now I listen to it with rockbox and find it terrible, very veiled comparatively stock firmware. Anyway, DX100 look incredible, if only it was battery changeable like DX90-50 (one of my favorite feature that no other DAP are willing to do)...Thanks for feedback!

13. Kerouac
    As far as I remember, the DX100 used the (more powerfull) desktop version of the ES9018 instead of the K2M (DX90) version.

I also really(!) liked the changeable battery option on the 50&90 :thumbsup:
    Besides that I liked the big buttons on front (easy to handle, even with the dap in your pocket) of these daps, which the DX100 also missed.

You're welcome!
    :beers:

NymPHONOmaniac likes this.
  14. 329161
    Sorry to go ot, but is there a way to install the Russian firmware for the dx100 on Windows 10?

15. 329161
    ....also having a problem updating the ibasso firmware. I'm putting the .img file into the root directory of the dx100 drive and disconnecting the USB connection, but the device doesn't go through the update process. Can anyone help? Thanks in advance.

First

Back
887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896
898 899 900
Next

Last