iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
Mar 17, 2017 at 1:56 AM Post #13,426 of 13,503
This is something I must try . Either today or tomorrow I shall have a crack at this. Thanks for the explanation, I have been so busy reviewing other stuff that I've never taken the time to sit down and do this properly before. I'll take the music off my DX100 and copy it onto my MacBook and then forge ahead.

Mar 17, 2017 at 7:39 PM Post #13,427 of 13,503
This is something I must try . Either today or tomorrow I shall have a crack at this. Thanks for the explanation, I have been so busy reviewing other stuff that I've never taken the time to sit down and do this properly before. I'll take the music off my DX100 and copy it onto my MacBook and then forge ahead.

Here are more detailed instructions if you need them: http://www.head-fi.org/a/ibasso-dx100-faq

Good luck

Mar 18, 2017 at 3:25 AM Post #13,428 of 13,503

Trev, if you can wait until the MK meet I can help. I still have docs dx100 custom fw. No special install necessary, just install like regular fw.

Mar 18, 2017 at 10:11 AM Post #13,429 of 13,503
Hi Phil, I'm on 1 3 7 at present. I seem to have a fault with my internal memory. It's not allowing me to change any of the files to get the space for the fw update. I think i may be stuck with what i have , which is fantastic of course :grinning: i will bring it with me maybe there's something I've missed. Thank you kindly my friend

Mar 26, 2017 at 2:22 PM Post #13,432 of 13,503
  Is the DX100 still worth buying? Or are there better DAPs with better value for money? DX100 can be bought pretty cheaply now if you could find one

The sound is excellent. There are obviously smaller daps and ones that are very good sounding but IMO, the DX100 still has a very special quality sound. I asked iBasso about a month ago about the batteries. Mine is fine but it is nice to know if they would be available. They said they were in the process of having a new batch made for anyone that needs one. 

Mar 26, 2017 at 3:23 PM Post #13,433 of 13,503
I asked iBasso about a month ago about the batteries. Mine is fine but it is nice to know if they would be available. They said they were in the process of having a new batch made for anyone that needs one. 

Awesome! I might order a new one when I give into "upgrading" my old DX100, giving the DOC2008 FW a try, and also the Ray-Out case:

see how that one works versus my Norêve one.

As the new DX200 is out of my reach for the present time and near future
redface.gif
, I might as well treat myself to some small niceties 
rolleyes.gif

Mar 29, 2017 at 6:52 PM Post #13,435 of 13,503

The sound is excellent. There are obviously smaller daps and ones that are very good sounding but IMO, the DX100 still has a very special quality sound. I asked iBasso about a month ago about the batteries. Mine is fine but it is nice to know if they would be available. They said they were in the process of having a new batch made for anyone that needs one. 

I installed a replacement battery from IBasso late last year and it gave new life to my DX100.  I'm not very handy with tools or mechanically inclined but I found the battery very easy to replace.  Very much worth the modest cost.. 

Mar 29, 2017 at 7:28 PM Post #13,437 of 13,503
If you could supply step by step instructions it would greatly appreciated by many!

Sorry -  didn't take notes at the time so I'm unable to give you much detail.  I can tell you that you'll need what I think they call a Torx (6-point star) screw driver set - not sure of the exact size though definitely tiny!  Then carefully remove the 4 end screws (2 on each end).  I was very careful removing the back plate so as not to break or disturb anything so I could see how things were arranged to be able to put it back together again.  I'm unsure if I had everything in exactly the same place but everything's been working well since.  It really wasn't difficult at all.

Mar 29, 2017 at 7:46 PM Post #13,438 of 13,503
Sorry -  didn't take notes at the time so I'm unable to give you much detail.  I can tell you that you'll need what I think they call a Torx (6-point star) screw driver set - not sure of the exact size though definitely tiny!  Then carefully remove the 4 end screws (2 on each end).  I was very careful removing the back plate so as not to break or disturb anything so I could see how things were arranged to be able to put it back together again.  I'm unsure if I had everything in exactly the same place but everything's been working well since.  It really wasn't difficult at all.

Many thanks for the description. I seem to remember that you do have to be careful removing the back plate to avoid damaging the wi fi Ariel. Will contact Paul about getting a new battery but I am concerned about work wide regulations covering air freight of Li ion batteries.....

Mar 30, 2017 at 8:13 AM Post #13,440 of 13,503
  Awesome! I might order a new one when I give into "upgrading" my old DX100, giving the DOC2008 FW a try, and also the Ray-Out case:

see how that one works versus my Norêve one.

As the new DX200 is out of my reach for the present time and near future
redface.gif
, I might as well treat myself to some small niceties 
rolleyes.gif

Is there a link for this to buy please ?It looks fantastic

Users who are viewing this thread

Back