iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
Aug 8, 2018 at 11:25 AM Post #13,472 of 13,503
HOw did you install on R10? Can you tell me? I can't install it on my R10, update.img can't recognized. :frowning2:

The Fidelizer ROM is compatible with the R10 but made for the DX100. That means copying the .img file to memory alone won't work with the R10.

I used the iBasso Factory Batch Tool to flash mine (same tool works for all their DX based players):
http://www.ibasso.com/uploadfiles/download/FactoryTool_v1.39_DX200.zip

The .zip file contains instructions on how to use the tool. It worked fine for my R10 but can't recall if I used Windows 7 or 10 on my laptop.

Aug 8, 2018 at 2:07 PM Post #13,473 of 13,503
The Fidelizer ROM is compatible with the R10 but made for the DX100. That means copying the .img file to memory alone won't work with the R10.

I used the iBasso Factory Batch Tool to flash mine (same tool works for all their DX based players):
http://www.ibasso.com/uploadfiles/download/FactoryTool_v1.39_DX200.zip

The .zip file contains instructions on how to use the tool. It worked fine for my R10 but can't recall if I used Windows 7 or 10 on my laptop.
Thank you so much, i have big problem, that's my windows can not recognized R10 from bootloader, i'm using win 8. is the bootloader has android bot with "!" in triangle? or recovery menu?

Aug 8, 2018 at 4:53 PM Post #13,474 of 13,503
Thank you so much, i have big problem, that's my windows can not recognized R10 from bootloader, i'm using win 8. is the bootloader has android bot with "!" in triangle? or recovery menu?

Are you holding volume+ button while connecting the player? Windows should say unknown device and you must choose the correct driver folder from the extracted factory tool zip.

If your Windows 8 still can't see the R10 you'll need to try another computer.

Aug 8, 2018 at 10:52 PM Post #13,475 of 13,503
Are you holding volume+ button while connecting the player? Windows should say unknown device and you must choose the correct driver folder from the extracted factory tool zip.

If your Windows 8 still can't see the R10 you'll need to try another computer.
I did it, thank you so much, win 8 can not recognize, but i use window 7 and everything easier. Love you

Oct 21, 2018 at 12:37 PM Post #13,476 of 13,503
Download the poweramp .apk file from here and follow directions to install on your DX100

http://powerampapp.com/download-poweramp/

Common Questions/Answers for Poweramp v2.x:
Q. Does my Poweramp v2 purchase include the next Poweramp v3?
A. Yes, it does.

Q. My songs are missing from folders/library.
A. Please ensure you have all your folders with music actually checked in Poweramp Settings => Folders and Library => Music Folders.
Your original Android Library is not changed, nor any files deleted.
Poweramp library is a separate, completely independent library. When you installed Poweramp 2.0, it just got filled with the files scanned from your sd card/other flash memory, as specified in Music Folders.

Q. Volume too low. Volume changes weirdly. Other volume issues.
A. Try to disable Direct Volume Control in Poweramp Settings => Audio => Advanced Tweaks.

Poweramp 2.x uses Direct Volume Control by default on 2.3+ mid-to-high end devices. On stock ROMs this produces much better audio output. But many custom/buggy ROMs, while supporting DVC, can fail with it. You can free download from Apkwebs.com site.

Oct 21, 2018 at 12:39 PM Post #13,477 of 13,503
Common Questions/Answers for Poweramp v2.x:
Q. Does my Poweramp v2 purchase include the next Poweramp v3?
A. Yes, it does.

Q. My songs are missing from folders/library.
A. Please ensure you have all your folders with music actually checked in Poweramp Settings => Folders and Library => Music Folders.
Your original Android Library is not changed, nor any files deleted.
Poweramp library is a separate, completely independent library. When you installed Poweramp 2.0, it just got filled with the files scanned from your sd card/other flash memory, as specified in Music Folders.

Q. Volume too low. Volume changes weirdly. Other volume issues.
A. Try to disable Direct Volume Control in Poweramp Settings => Audio => Advanced Tweaks.

Poweramp 2.x uses Direct Volume Control by default on 2.3+ mid-to-high end devices. On stock ROMs this produces much better audio output. But many custom/buggy ROMs, while supporting DVC, can fail with it. You can free download from Apkwebs.com site.

Apr 20, 2019 at 1:00 AM Post #13,478 of 13,503
I have a problem with my dx100. Firstly the volume rockers showed error all the time. After I reinstalled new software there is no audio on any channel, only on the optical channel a hissing. Is the player gone or there is something to try left??

Please help, I love my dx100 very much.

Apr 20, 2019 at 11:43 AM Post #13,479 of 13,503
I have a problem with my dx100. Firstly the volume rockers showed error all the time. After I reinstalled new software there is no audio on any channel, only on the optical channel a hissing. Is the player gone or there is something to try left??

Please help, I love my dx100 very much.
I really feel bad for you as I love my DX100, too. I really have no idea what causes the problems you're having with your DAP, but I wonder if it could be the battery. (How old is your DAP or battery?)

About 3 years ago my DX100 (bought new in April 2012) started to show some problems (unstable software, hissing & pops from headphone outputs.) I reinstalled the software, but it didn't fix those problems. I decided to try changing battery and my DX100 hasn't had those problems (there's interference/noise from Optical Out, though).

Last edited:
May 4, 2019 at 4:45 PM Post #13,481 of 13,503
Hello guys,

Have you guys tried 400GB micro SD on iBasso DX100 / R10?

I just bought a used DX100.. I wonder if new 400GB micro sd cards work on DX100.
Four years ago, I could use 256GB SD card with adapter on DX100.

and now I see much larger capacity DX100 lithium batteries are available.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Bat...9b-4872-8f66-1c0e27089e73&transAbTest=ae803_3

This one's nearly three times bigger than the original DX100 battery (2000mah)

Where can I download DX100's modded OS?

Last edited:
Jun 5, 2019 at 8:14 AM Post #13,484 of 13,503
I replaced DX100's battery! and now it lasts 6 hours!

I found the original battery was manufactured in 2011. and It has 2200mah.
The new battery has 3300mAh. I'm looking for a larger capacity battery.

DX100 still sounds amazing. It sounds better than Sony ZX1, Pono Player, Onkyo DP-S1, LG V10, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back