iBasso D6 "Fer-de-Lance" USB DAC/Amp
Jun 29, 2011 at 7:23 PM Post #511 of 774
Just received my D6 today, compared to the D10, it's more detailed with no clipping when pushed, it's just has a more open "wide" sound stage, I am using it with an Ipod touch with a Fiio L9 cable and JH16's custom IEM's, it's one sweet amp, have not used it with my laptop yet.

Try it with yoru laptop see if you get any clicking its a lottery some laptops do it some do not.. If its a newer laptop good chance it wont click.

Jun 30, 2011 at 8:08 PM Post #512 of 774

Quote:
Try it with your laptop see if you get any clicking its a lottery some laptops do it some do not.. If its a newer laptop good chance it wont click.

No clicking whatsoever, actually the bass is deeper and fuller, it just has more body when used with my laptop, but it also sound fantastic with my Ipod Touch, connected with a line out cable.

Jun 30, 2011 at 8:21 PM Post #513 of 774

Quote:
Try it with yoru laptop see if you get any clicking its a lottery some laptops do it some do not.. If its a newer laptop good chance it wont click.

No clicking or static noises here via USB from my Dell XPS 15 L502X.  Just received in my D6 and am doing initial charge and beginning burn-in.  Topkit has not yet arrived.

-Ed

Jul 4, 2011 at 9:33 PM Post #515 of 774
Preliminary listening comparison between stock and with the Topkit reveals greater transparency when the Topkit is installed compared to stock.  There is a perception of greater, "speed," especially with strings, like on Vivalid's Four Seasons by Gil Shaham and Orpheus.  The L/R option is great for IEMs as it pushes the imaging forward and out of one's head, kind of like sitting a couple rows farther back.

-Ed

Jul 4, 2011 at 11:51 PM Post #516 of 774
Has anyone tried LME49990's?

Jul 5, 2011 at 10:43 AM Post #518 of 774

IMO, the LME49xxx series, while able to render great detail, appears to me to lack a sense of fullness and body.  The musical dynamics that one experiences when listening to a live performance seems to be missing.
Quote:
Has anyone tried LME49990's?

Jul 5, 2011 at 11:38 AM Post #519 of 774
IMO, the LME49xxx series, while able to render great detail, appears to me to lack a sense of fullness and body.  The musical dynamics that one experiences when listening to a live performances seems to be missing.

I agree I recently placed the LME49XXX's in my tube DAC and I was very unhappy with the sound I quickly took them out it was very lean and reflected through my whole system.

Jul 7, 2011 at 10:48 AM Post #520 of 774
Just installed my D10 HiFlight op-amp kit, one word to describe it "WOW", everything is just more open detailed, crisper cleaner, and whatever slight distortion that was there at high volumes is gone, it just sounds more dynamic, it's just fantastic.

Will post again with my impressions of the D6 op-amp kit from hiflight.

Jul 7, 2011 at 11:27 AM Post #521 of 774
As a newbie to the world of portable hi-fi, I have a couple questions about this unit.  The D6 is both an amp and DAC?  All-in-one solution, where all I would need is a DAP?  If I were to use this with an iPod, what would be the best connection?  I would probably use it stock at first, then think about upgrading later.  

Jul 7, 2011 at 4:56 PM Post #522 of 774

Quote:
As a newbie to the world of portable hi-fi, I have a couple questions about this unit.  The D6 is both an amp and DAC?  All-in-one solution, where all I would need is a DAP?  If I were to use this with an iPod, what would be the best connection?  I would probably use it stock at first, then think about upgrading later.  

I use mine with a line out cable like the Fiio L9 on my Ipod Touch, what that does it pretty much negates Ipods Amp and let's the D6 or my D10 do all the work "and that's why I bought them for, it also work just fine with a 3.5mm audio cable, but you are bi amping with that scenario, the only time I do that is when I use my D10 or D6 with my HTC Incredible smart phone.

Jul 7, 2011 at 5:54 PM Post #525 of 774

Quote:
D6 hands down sounds better

haha, great.  Just when I think I've got it down.  Good info to have, thanks.
etysmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back