Ibasso D4 / T3 Review Thread
Jul 9, 2010 at 2:02 PM Post #376 of 445
Also love the D4, but NOT with the HD650, the sound is really ...thin. But love the D4 with all the iem's I've tried!

Jul 9, 2010 at 4:26 PM Post #378 of 445

Quote:
Also love the D4, but NOT with the HD650, the sound is really ...thin. But love the D4 with all the iem's I've tried!

I found a big difference using battery rather than USB power and getting the special 9.6v batteries when I used the D4 with my Senn 580s.  I think the 650 would benefit as well or more.   

Jul 11, 2010 at 8:52 PM Post #379 of 445
I do not think the D4 is thin with the HD650s...everyone has their opinions...I do agree with AVU that I notice a small improvement with battery power a little more range, especially in the lows

Jul 12, 2010 at 9:01 AM Post #380 of 445
This is a great thread. I think I will get a T3 to accompany my sennheiser MX-760 earbuds and my future purchase of ATH-ESW9 headphones.

to initially use with a 3rd gen 8gb ipod nano, (and also later a Cowon J3).

What do you think Larry?

P.S. Does a high quality mini to mini and/or LOD >cheaper ones?

thanks.

Jul 12, 2010 at 2:52 PM Post #381 of 445
I like solid silver for everything. A quality LOD does make a difference, have a good DIYr make you what you want.

Paul Dupiano has made me a lot of things...Ibasso has a nice looking LOD on their site too

Jul 12, 2010 at 7:11 PM Post #382 of 445

Quote:
This is a great thread. I think I will get a T3 to accompany my sennheiser MX-760 earbuds and my future purchase of ATH-ESW9 headphones.

to initially use with a 3rd gen 8gb ipod nano, (and also later a Cowon J3).

What do you think Larry?

P.S. Does a high quality mini to mini and/or LOD >cheaper ones?

thanks.

I think the 3rd gen Nano is a nice sounding source, and better than the 4G Nano.  I have not yet decided about the 5G Nano yet.  A nice quality cable does make a difference as far as my opinion goes, where I get better transparency and micro-detail with a better cable.  Price is not always the deciding factor.

Jul 30, 2010 at 7:06 PM Post #383 of 445
I'm thinking about either a D4 or T3 for the following setup;

Sony X Walkman > Lineout > Amp > Head Direct RE0

I can't imagine how it would sound though mixing a warm bassy player with a detailed and slightly warm amp with neutral detailed IEM's.

I love everything about the RE0 besides the bass and wish they had more.

I'd never use the DAC part of the D4 and would never change the opamp thing and don't like the size or fact it runs on a battery so the T3 seems like it would be better - Especially since I have an earphone and not headphone.

It's so hard to find anyone who's actually heard this same setup though to comment how it sounds

Jul 30, 2010 at 11:57 PM Post #384 of 445

It seems that while the D4 is a better amp it doesn't seem to be leaps and leaps ahead of the T3 *looking at Skylabs review thread*. Therefore, if the T3 has all these other advantages for you like no battery, no DAC and no Opamp along with a cheaper price I would say go for that one. This isn't coming from any sort of intense head to head listening however it is based on your desires for your amp along with some general budget conscious thinking.

Jul 31, 2010 at 3:15 PM Post #386 of 445

Ok, thanks 
o2smile.gif

After I read some more stuff from some of those big amp comparison thread though it said that the T4 was barely any better at all than an iPod's headphone out so do you think the T3 would even do anything at all other than raise the volume considering the Walkman X has an even better headphone out?

I get the feeling that in order to even make any difference with this specific player I'd really need to be using one of the tier 1/2/3 amps instead.

Everyone on here who's amping the X seems to be using either  D4 mamba or Arrows 12he amp

Sep 16, 2010 at 9:31 AM Post #389 of 445
I am looking to buy a portable amp for my UE Tf10 (Fisher audio custom modded) and RE0. Any amp I buy must have a bass boost as I find the RE0 a little weak on the bass. I was looking at models from ibasso, but I am unsure which fits the bill. Recommendations please ? Budget up to $250. I am willing to look at other amps form other manufactures  as well. Thanks.

Sep 16, 2010 at 10:06 AM Post #390 of 445

Quote:
wow
t3 is really good for such a small thing
leaps better than e5

I concur. Got em both and the T3 sound is stunning for such an small device. It does not have bass boost though but i do not think it needs it since it's powerful enough for most headphones so no ne. It's best points are it's portability and its great performance frequency response and crosstalk wise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back