1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

IBasso Audio IT03

First

Back
56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65
67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76
Next

Last
  1. twister6 Contributor

I'm actually glad you asked me about it because I just went back to do a/b listening of IT03 and A83.  When I took my listening notes, some were taken awhile back even before I reached full suggested burn in time, I remember hearing upper mids (vocals) in A83 to be smoother and more organic (natural) in comparison to IT03 (IT03 was brighter at first).  Now, I'm listening to both and hear them sound equally natural but IT03 has more body in lower mids in comparison to A83, making its (A83) mids sound thinner and a little more out of my head (you can call it a bit more distant).  While I have been testing other DAPs in the last month, I had IT03 on a "burn in" as a load, so now have over 200hrs on it.  I'm still very impressed with an impact of the bass, but the sound is more balanced and more coherent.  What is interesting, I have been listening to quite a few totl flagships lately, and usually you can hear a noticeable difference in sound going from TOTL to other "budget" IEMs, but IT03 sound still holds up!

Cloudtastrophe likes this.
  2. pedronet
    Hi guys, i'm planning on buying a new hybrid iem. I came across this and i'm kinda worried about its impedance, since it's so low the sound would be completely different depending on the source used (as most of you stated as well).

I have a FiiO X1, has anyone tried with it? I heard it needs a warm source, and i consider the X1 warm but i don't know if it's warm enough. What do you guys think? I haven't decided if i'm going with these or not, but i'm considering.

Thanks [​IMG] 

3. nmatheis Contributor
    pedronet: The sources I've used all have low output impedance, so I wouldn't expect IT03's impedance to be an issue.

pedronet likes this.
  4. pedronet

Thank you [​IMG]

5. nmatheis Contributor

That's not to say it couldn't be an issue with some sources, though. I can imagine using something like the Soundaware M1 with its 10 ohm output impedance would have quite a noticeable impact on sound signature.

6. H20Fidelity Contributor
    A few photos of the housings.  Its not an easy color to photograph black.

it034.jpg

it031.jpg

it033.jpg

pedronet and AndrewPL like this.
  7. pedronet
    Usually i follow the 1/8 rule, but a little over it shouldn't hurt. The X1's output impedance is < 2 Ohm.

8. nmatheis Contributor

Depending on how the IEM is configured, it's my understanding that even an output impedance as low as 2 ohms could impact frequency response with multi-BA IEM.

And of you can, I'd recommend trying out the new Shanling M1. It's tiny, has Bluetooth, and I bet it sounds as good or better than your X1.

9. Cloudtastrophe
    Anyone else pairing the IT03 with the Mojo? Kind of want to see what other people think.

10. nmatheis Contributor

I haven't tried it yet but will now that you've mentioned it :wink:

11. nmatheis Contributor

OK. Tried it. Shanling M1 -> Mojo -> IT03. Sounds good to me. Bass is under control. Good mid presence. Nice sparkle up top. Spacial cues are good.

I listened with Shanling M3 for comparative purposes. Bass was still under control. Mids were a bit fuller. Top end was sharper with more sibilance exposed in the recordings. Spacial cues weren't as good.

I'll give a listen with Mojo vs Shanling M5 in the near future and report back since the M5 is currently my favorite pairing with IT03.

12. malifact
    I don't suppose anybody has heard the IT03 and the Unique Melody Martian. I'm trying to decide between them as my next universal IEM. If anyone can post a comparison, it would be much appreciated. Thanks.

13. omastic
    I have both. They are on par with each other as far as performance goes.

The IT03 has a much stronger bass and sub bass response, a bit more emphasis in the upper mid and lower treble regions and a relatively more V shaped frequency response.

The Martian's bass is leaner but more detailed, the mid range has more emphasis in the lower and middle mid regions, lower treble is more tamed while the upper treble has a good deal more sparkle, and the overall frequency response is somewhat W shaped. 

The Martian's presentation appears a tad more layered and holographic to my ears but the IT03 is no slouch either. Lastly the IT03 does much better in terms of tone and timbre, and overall a much better value in my opinion. 

If you have any other specific question just let me know! 

14. oknidius
    Agreed on all counts.
    I would also add: I find the IT03 way more comfortable than the Martian. It's lighter with a slightly narrower nozzle and the semi-custom housing has more pronounced shapes than the Martian making it stay in place better (at leat in my ears)

15. tienbasse

The W shape of UM Martian is relatively flat in my opinion, at least when compared to IT03's V shape.
    The Martian's bass is detailed but almost polite to say the least (I really wondered if the second dynamic driver was missing the first time I heard them).

Not being judgemental here, but they don't sound similar at all if people are hesitating between both.

First

Back
56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65
67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76
Next

Last