IBasso Audio IT03
Oct 21, 2016 at 2:58 AM Post #886 of 3,344
I'm also finding the IT03 to grow more and more on me over time and during the course of the review. I am really curious about what the IT04 will sound like.

@Paul - iBasso

Will the IT04 have 3 BAs & 1 DD per side or 2 DDs and 2 BAs?

From the link you posted:

"Ambos serán híbridos y el modelo superior incluirá 4 drivers, un dynamic driver para los graves y un triple BA de Knowles"

1DD + 3BA.

Oct 21, 2016 at 4:05 AM Post #887 of 3,344
  I received my IT03 few days ago, on third day audio on left side start cutting out randomly when cable moved especially when I re-seat or putting on the earphone. This is worrisome, there seems to be QC issue with this earphones.
Anyone having this issue?

Me, too. I'm wondering if disconnecting / reconnecting a few times might help?

I also had this issue (left side only) on the first day, it also cut out when I tilted my head (left side facing down). I disconnected the cable and blew a few times in the connectors and after that it seemed fine. If it shouldn't have worked I would have been worried too.

Hope this helps and that both of yours are fine too eventually.

Oct 21, 2016 at 7:32 AM Post #889 of 3,344
Just got mine last night and listened for a couple hours. Damn fine even out of the box. Bass is there in all its glory, just what I expected.
Looking forward to see how this one even out after some burn in. Super comfortable, even with the tips provided. I like foams so will have to see what fits.

Very nice piece for the money. I am happy so far,

Oct 21, 2016 at 7:38 AM Post #890 of 3,344
Me, too. I'm wondering if disconnecting / reconnecting a few times might help?

I think its worth a try, occasionally a small amount of oil or film can be left over from the factories.

I would try disconnecting it and blowing some air over it. Clean the contacts with an alcohol swab.

If you do this guys, be gentle when removing them. 

Oct 21, 2016 at 9:50 AM Post #891 of 3,344
Just received my RMA set of IT03 after turning in the channel-imbalanced piece.

Gotta say I really missed the 100 hours burned-in set 
confused_face.gif

Time to start all over again :frowning2:

Oct 21, 2016 at 1:56 PM Post #892 of 3,344
  I received my IT03 few days ago, on third day audio on left side start cutting out randomly when cable moved especially when I re-seat or putting on the earphone. This is worrisome, there seems to be QC issue with this earphones.
Anyone having this issue?

I have sent you an email. Please check you inbox.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Oct 21, 2016 at 3:38 PM Post #894 of 3,344
anyone try the Comply tips on these? What size did you use?

Oct 22, 2016 at 12:48 PM Post #896 of 3,344

Just so everyone else is aware, iphone 5 has 4.5 ohm output impedance and IT03 are 8 ohm, not a good pairing whatsoever, IP5 will have more than just a slight effect, it will practically destroy whatever balance ibasso were aiming for with IT03. Try IT03 out of something else, otherwise your impressions are only useful to people with IP5, thanks for mentioning though.

Hello 

Good day.

Had just got my iT03 few hours back and was burning in via iPhone 5 for 2+ hours until I ran across your post.
Do you mind elaborate on this, as I have been burning in my IEMs via IP5 for quite a handful of period. And will this kinda burn in damages the nature of the IEM, particularly to my newly bought iT03?

Many thanks.

Oct 22, 2016 at 1:08 PM Post #897 of 3,344
Hello 

Good day.

Had just got my iT03 few hours back and was burning in via iPhone 5 for 2+ hours until I ran across your post.
Do you mind elaborate on this, as I have been burning in my IEMs via IP5 for quite a handful of period. And will this kinda burn in damages the nature of the IEM, particularly to my newly bought iT03?

Many thanks.

It's not going to actually damage your IT03. However, the iPhone's high output impedance could alter the frequency response of your IT03, changing how they sound. I've found this typically results in learned low frequency response and increased high frequency presence. This often makes the IEM sound leaner / more analytical. Some prefer this, but ultimately it's not how the IEM are intended to sound.

Oct 22, 2016 at 1:18 PM Post #898 of 3,344
It's not going to actually damage your IT03. However, the iPhone's high output impedance could alter the frequency response of your IT03, changing how they sound. I've found this typically results in learned low frequency response and increased high frequency presence. This often makes the IEM sound leaner / more analytical. Some prefer this, but ultimately it's not how the IEM are intended to sound.

Many thanks for the info.

Have now changed to my Opus #1 for the burn in.

Gotta wait patiently to have this burn for a good 150 hours. Even the sales rep advised to have this burn for a 2-3 days straight, at least, before the full potential of this IEM emerged.

Never tried any hybrid before, but for the good 2 hours audition this with AK380, I felt the iT03 is more fun and enjoyable to listen to compared with my V6S from 64 Audio.

Apologies that I may not know the SQ terminology used here. Just know that the sound reproduction is fun, lively and natural, and this is spot on IMHO!

Oct 22, 2016 at 1:43 PM Post #899 of 3,344
  Many thanks for the info.

Have now changed to my Opus #1 for the burn in.

Gotta wait patiently to have this burn for a good 150 hours. Even the sales rep advised to have this burn for a 2-3 days straight, at least, before the full potential of this IEM emerged.

Never tried any hybrid before, but for the good 2 hours audition this with AK380, I felt the iT03 is more fun and enjoyable to listen to compared with my V6S from 64 Audio.

Apologies that I may not know the SQ terminology used here. Just know that the sound reproduction is fun, lively and natural, and this is spot on IMHO!

I would enjoy your IT03 while they are burning in. For me they did take a while to fully mature but still enjoyable mean time. Yesterday I was at the dentist office for a tooth that needed to have a cap replaced. Oh, the joy but at least the tooth has a root canal so no pain involved. Anyway, the process takes a while and I brought along a dap and the IT03. I have to say, it made the time pass with some enjoyment. Listening to some live performances of the Almond Brothers, great fun. (yes I know it is Allman) lol 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back