IBasso Audio IT03
Oct 20, 2016 at 10:19 AM Post #871 of 3,344
ive read through the entire thread, but still confused.

Where can I buy these???

I saw an eBay post, but some folks are getting less than ideal hardware, is that seller legit, consigned by Ibasso???

thanks

Penon Audio (http://penonaudio.com/iBasso-IT03%20?search=ibasso) would be a shop that carries them. They also have an ebay store, so it could be that the one you saw on ebay was also sold by them (if I'm not totally wrong, their ebay store name is "bigbargainonline" or something).

Thanks off to order

Oct 20, 2016 at 10:20 AM Post #872 of 3,344
Oct 20, 2016 at 10:43 AM Post #874 of 3,344
You all be patient now, I don't want you getting too excited.

Last time this happened we had members fainting, collapsing and all sorts.

(I will return in due time)

Oct 20, 2016 at 12:55 PM Post #877 of 3,344
This one: http://penonaudio.com/FIDUE-A83-2.5-3.5mm-MMCX-Cable ? - yes, it's universal mmcx connector, it should work.

Thanks for the confirmation (and quick response) - it looked like "normal" MMCX, but I just couldn't remember how the bespoke locking mechanism worked on the A83s. Will be ordering a 21st shortly - the office on Penon is pretty low if it's the same quality as the original A83 cable too.

The Supermini drives these pretty easily anyway so not sure what to expect in terms of any signature changes, but will be interested to find out.

Oct 20, 2016 at 3:23 PM Post #879 of 3,344

This one: http://penonaudio.com/FIDUE-A83-2.5-3.5mm-MMCX-Cable ? - yes, it's universal mmcx connector, it should work.

Thanks for the confirmation (and quick response) - it looked like "normal" MMCX, but I just couldn't remember how the bespoke locking mechanism worked on the A83s. Will be ordering a 21st shortly - the office on Penon is pretty low if it's the same quality as the original A83 cable too.

The Supermini drives these pretty easily anyway so not sure what to expect in terms of any signature changes, but will be interested to find out.

Original A83 cable has a tab built into mmcx connector to lock the rotation of the shell.  The replacement cable is universal, terminated with 2.5mm and comes with 3.5mm trrs balanced adapter.  I did a brief write up about it here.  It should work fine with IT03.

Sorry, I didn't test IT03 with Super or Mega, both Minis are going back to HFM without review (not my cup of tea).

Oct 20, 2016 at 8:56 PM Post #880 of 3,344
I received my IT03 few days ago, on third day audio on left side start cutting out randomly when cable moved especially when I re-seat or putting on the earphone. This is worrisome, there seems to be QC issue with this earphones.
Anyone having this issue?

Oct 20, 2016 at 9:01 PM Post #881 of 3,344
I received my IT03 few days ago, on third day audio on left side start cutting out randomly when cable moved especially when I re-seat or putting on the earphone. This is worrisome, there seems to be QC issue with this earphones.
Anyone having this issue?

Me, too. I'm wondering if disconnecting / reconnecting a few times might help?

Oct 21, 2016 at 1:20 AM Post #883 of 3,344
  I'm also finding the IT03 to grow more and more on me over time and during the course of the review. I am really curious about what the IT04 will sound like.

@Paul - iBasso

Will the IT04 have 3 BAs & 1 DD per side or 2 DDs and 2 BAs?

it04 is going to be released soon?

Oct 21, 2016 at 1:30 AM Post #884 of 3,344

I'm also finding the IT03 to grow more and more on me over time and during the course of the review. I am really curious about what the IT04 will sound like.

@Paul - iBasso

IT04 is confirmed already?

http://headphoniaks.com/blog/ibasso-reproductor-dx200-auriculares/

@Paul - iBasso

it04 is going to be released soon?

I know as much as you do. Maybe @Paul - iBasso has a rough ETA?

Oct 21, 2016 at 2:58 AM Post #885 of 3,344
Using these on a flight at the moment (got to love Emirates and their in-flight Wifi) and the isolation with Spinfit tips is fantastic. The semi-custom shell design really does block out a lot of external noise. Not tried them with Comply yet, but for once I don't think I'll bother as the Spinfit seems to be a good match and gives me a little deeper insertion for a better deal with my large ear canals.

Word of warning for those who intend to try them with Trinity Audio Kombi tips - did that yesterday and had to spend 10 mins fishing the tip out of my head after it slipped off the end of the nozzle so be careful if you use those tips with a tight seal! :wink:

Edit: they did sound great with the Kombi, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back