IBasso Audio IT03
Oct 17, 2016 at 12:07 PM Post #841 of 3,344
Help! Just this morning i was changing tips and the silver mesh (filter) dropped and went missing! :scream:

Is it still safe to use?

I have sent you a PM.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Oct 17, 2016 at 11:10 PM Post #843 of 3,344
150hours in and the treble has settled to a level that doesn't require me to EQ them.

But I can't help but find that the mids are still feeling slightly mellow. Are there any cables out there that can bring up the mids and allow the vocals to shine through a little more?

I'm with you in wishing the mids were a bit more forward. Might involve a bit of playing around with EQ to get what w prefer...

Oct 18, 2016 at 12:22 AM Post #844 of 3,344
I'm with you in wishing the mids were a bit more forward. Might involve a bit of playing around with EQ to get what w prefer...

Just try different tips or move them back on the nozzle more. 

Oct 19, 2016 at 2:23 AM Post #850 of 3,344
My take on the IT03 (click on the photo to read it):

HiFiChris, thank you for your detailed impressions & review! Enjoyed reading while otw to work :) I too find "it has got an overall signature that is more on the fun side of balanced with a “true” sub-bass emphasis".

Have you had a chance to run them balanced? I wonder if I should get a set of balanced cables for them, but the stock cable is already awesome sounding :wink:

I am waiting for my replacement unit to arrive for the mesh issue. The days are dark and the heart misses the music the most :frowning2:

Oct 19, 2016 at 2:48 AM Post #852 of 3,344

Have you had a chance to run them balanced?

Nope (not yet), but ime one cannot automatically assume that only the basic thing of driving a certain headphone/IEM with a balanced cable alone will automatically make it sound better. If a specific balanced source device is superior to another with single-ended output on the spec side, every headphone/in-ear could sound "better" over that device, however if there is another SE device that measures better than the BAL device, the headphones/IEMs might sound better over that one.

What I actually want to express is that a question like "Will headphone/IEM X benefit from using it with a balanced cable?" does not make that much sense as the performance of the source device is more important than whether a specific headphone/IEM is used in SE or BAL mode.

Oct 19, 2016 at 8:40 AM Post #853 of 3,344
I finally bite the bullet and placed order 3 weeks ago, received a couple days ago. Out of the box I am very happy with the purchase, bass is where I expected, awesome sub-bass, lush mid, while high is bit bright for me but I expect it will die down with burned in. I owned FXA5 which now on sale locally, while mid and high were great, bass was missing on FXA5.
After tips rolling (all large) I settled with newly acquired spiral dot.

Oct 19, 2016 at 9:13 AM Post #854 of 3,344
After using these for a few weeks now, I still have no idea how they are priced this low. I own a decent amount of "totl" iems, and I would not have been surprised if these cost over $600. It took me a bit to find the right tips, but now the fit is perfect. They remind me exactly of the InEar Stagediver fit, which is a great thing. I haven't noticed any recessed mids, and I really enjoy listening to classical rock and prog rock with these. They seem to pair well with any source, but my favorite would be the Mojo or Opus 2. 

Oct 19, 2016 at 10:18 AM Post #855 of 3,344
After using these for a few weeks now, I still have no idea how they are priced this low. I own a decent amount of "totl" iems, and I would not have been surprised if these cost over $600. It took me a bit to find the right tips, but now the fit is perfect. They remind me exactly of the InEar Stagediver fit, which is a great thing. I haven't noticed any recessed mids, and I really enjoy listening to classical rock and prog rock with these. They seem to pair well with any source, but my favorite would be the Mojo or Opus 2. 

Yeah I also think that these reminds me of the stagedrivers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back