1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

IBasso Audio IT03

First

Back
47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56
58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67
Next

Last
  1. Paul - iBasso
    I have sent you a PM.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/
  2. dafos58
    Thanks, will have a look.

3. nmatheis Contributor

I'm with you in wishing the mids were a bit more forward. Might involve a bit of playing around with EQ to get what w prefer...

4. jamato8 Contributor

Just try different tips or move them back on the nozzle more. 

5. nmatheis Contributor
    jamato8: I'm already using the stock wide bore tips, which are nearly flush with the end of the nozzle. Not much further back I can go...

6. HiFiChris Contributor
    I'm surprised that you still find the mids recessed with these tips, Nik. Do you already insert the IT03 deeply so the housing sits flush with your ears?

7. nmatheis Contributor
    Yup, I did Chris. I'll play around with more tips and see if I find some that work better for me now that the IT03 are burned in.

8. nmatheis Contributor
    Listening to some classic rock (eagles, fleetwood mac, rush). Back to stock medium bore tips tonight. Adds a bit more fullness to the sound that I was missing with the wide bore tips but still retains a nice sense of space and separation.

9. HiFiChris Contributor
    My take on the IT03 (click on the photo to read it):

IT03_Yellow.jpg

robbi22 and ArrancarV like this.
  10. ArrancarV

HiFiChris, thank you for your detailed impressions & review! Enjoyed reading while otw to work :) I too find "it has got an overall signature that is more on the fun side of balanced with a “true” sub-bass emphasis".

Have you had a chance to run them balanced? I wonder if I should get a set of balanced cables for them, but the stock cable is already awesome sounding :wink:

I am waiting for my replacement unit to arrive for the mesh issue. The days are dark and the heart misses the music the most :frowning2:

11. nmatheis Contributor
    Having fun listening to Opeth's new album Sorceress via OnePlus 3 -> BT -> Shanling H3 -> IT03. Interesting Prog Rock turn for Opeth.

12. HiFiChris Contributor

Nope (not yet), but ime one cannot automatically assume that only the basic thing of driving a certain headphone/IEM with a balanced cable alone will automatically make it sound better. If a specific balanced source device is superior to another with single-ended output on the spec side, every headphone/in-ear could sound "better" over that device, however if there is another SE device that measures better than the BAL device, the headphones/IEMs might sound better over that one.

What I actually want to express is that a question like "Will headphone/IEM X benefit from using it with a balanced cable?" does not make that much sense as the performance of the source device is more important than whether a specific headphone/IEM is used in SE or BAL mode.

San Man likes this.
  13. denox
    I finally bite the bullet and placed order 3 weeks ago, received a couple days ago. Out of the box I am very happy with the purchase, bass is where I expected, awesome sub-bass, lush mid, while high is bit bright for me but I expect it will die down with burned in. I owned FXA5 which now on sale locally, while mid and high were great, bass was missing on FXA5.
    After tips rolling (all large) I settled with newly acquired spiral dot.

14. klove4252
    After using these for a few weeks now, I still have no idea how they are priced this low. I own a decent amount of "totl" iems, and I would not have been surprised if these cost over $600. It took me a bit to find the right tips, but now the fit is perfect. They remind me exactly of the InEar Stagediver fit, which is a great thing. I haven't noticed any recessed mids, and I really enjoy listening to classical rock and prog rock with these. They seem to pair well with any source, but my favorite would be the Mojo or Opus 2. 

15. Aradea

Yeah I also think that these reminds me of the stagedrivers

First

Back
47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56
58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67
Next

Last