IBasso Audio IT03
Oct 24, 2016 at 9:46 AM Post #916 of 3,344

I think what you are noticing is a slight thinness in the mids, and that is the one minor critique I have on the IT03 as well. The midrange is just not as rich and full as the Andromeda I used to have, or the A91 Sirius I do currently. Everything else is truly stellar, but there's just something slightly thin in the midrange band. If that fullness was there, it would be practically a perfect IEM. 

agreed comparing to the A91 mids, its night and day. i love my a91 for vocals

Oct 24, 2016 at 10:00 AM Post #917 of 3,344
  I think what you are noticing is a slight thinness in the mids, and that is the one minor critique I have on the IT03 as well. The midrange is just not as rich and full as the Andromeda I used to have, or the A91 Sirius I do currently. Everything else is truly stellar, but there's just something slightly thin in the midrange band. If that fullness was there, it would be practically a perfect IEM. 

I find the mids to become meatier with the stock wide bore tips that go all the way up to where the nozzle comes out of the housing.

Oct 24, 2016 at 10:04 AM Post #918 of 3,344
I use UE900 tips pushed all the way down on the nozzle. It's another short wide bore single flange, so I think I'm getting the same benefit. Regardless of this I do still hear a slight thinness in the mids. The UE tips did help though for sure, pushed all the way down.

Oct 24, 2016 at 10:20 AM Post #919 of 3,344

It's missing harmonics in this region. Also the slight recessed mids is making things worse.

Any recommendation for an IEM with
1. IT03's quality of bass (more in quantity is also preferred)
2. IT03's quality of treble (lesser harshness is OK)
3. At least equal clarity of bass, mids and treble
4. More warmth and organic sound from mids

I am now eyeing on the Vega but don't know if it is what I want and it's super expensive.

Oct 24, 2016 at 10:52 AM Post #923 of 3,344

It's missing harmonics in this region. Also the slight recessed mids is making things worse.

Any recommendation for an IEM with
1. IT03's quality of bass (more in quantity is also preferred)
2. IT03's quality of treble (lesser harshness is OK)
3. At least equal clarity of bass, mids and treble
4. More warmth and organic sound from mids

I am now eyeing on the Vega but don't know if it is what I want and it's super expensive.

I have both and IT03 worth its price of admission but the Vegas improves on 1-4 by a large margin.  The Vega's mid is slightly forward but with extreme clarity and body.  Good luck.

Oct 24, 2016 at 1:03 PM Post #924 of 3,344
 I listen to classical a lot, small pieces as well as large orchestral and also listen to live music of the same type. The nice thing about the IT03 is that on large complex music they hold together and do not compress the music. The large soundstage is retained and the all important mid frequencies are more true to the type of sound than many monitors I have. Timbre is extremely good so that I can hear the different types of string instruments and wind instruments without problem. 

The bass foundation is excellent, which is lacking in some of my monitors and without the bass foundation, a lot of the larger music loses its emotion without quality bass but thankfully this doesn't happen. Also the mids are right for the music in that they are not false by being over emphasized, which can often happen and while enjoyable at times, isn't natural. This sound goes to the rock and blues that I listen to also. I get no sibilance nor peaky highs, nor harshness. I use the large bore medium single flange stock tips pushed back on the nozzle. 

Oct 24, 2016 at 10:26 PM Post #925 of 3,344

Methinks that's exactly it! Thank you for verbalizing it.

Oct 25, 2016 at 12:14 AM Post #926 of 3,344
  I have both and IT03 worth its price of admission but the Vegas improves on 1-4 by a large margin.  The Vega's mid is slightly forward but with extreme clarity and body.  Good luck.

Oh jeez -- I can see that now I'm going to have to pick up the Vega to go along with the IT03... thanks for the future hit my wallet is gonna take.  
rolleyes.gif

Oct 25, 2016 at 9:24 AM Post #929 of 3,344
Serious question: How can one lose the mesh filter? Hardcore tip rolling?

At first there was sticky glue on the silvermesh, then i cleaned it, sometimes after i use the iem by unplugging it from my ear, the tip still plugged on my ear, especially right ear. Yes, the tips a bit loose on the right ear, but i like the fit and isolation. I dont know the mesh this weak haha

Oct 25, 2016 at 11:05 AM Post #930 of 3,344
At first there was sticky glue on the silvermesh, then i cleaned it, sometimes after i use the iem by unplugging it from my ear, the tip still plugged on my ear, especially right ear. Yes, the tips a bit loose on the right ear, but i like the fit and isolation. I dont know the mesh this weak haha

Yes your IT03 are under warranty. You can contact us at service@ibasso.com .

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back