IBasso Audio IT03
Dec 21, 2016 at 2:36 PM Post #1,517 of 3,344
@Paul - iBasso Can you offer some insight please?

What is the material made of? I may want to play around with this too.

The same sound signature but more expansive. Incredible sounding. We have tried a few different materials but I don't have anything for sure yet.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Dec 21, 2016 at 4:24 PM Post #1,518 of 3,344
I am really used to the fit with spinfit. Very comfy and good isolation

Paul can you share some information about the driver's configuration or the release price ?

At least what do you mean by incredible sounding?
Thank you

Dec 21, 2016 at 4:40 PM Post #1,520 of 3,344
I am really used to the fit with spinfit. Very comfy and good isolation

Paul can you share some information about the driver's configuration or the release price ?

At least what do you mean by incredible sounding?
Thank you

paul won't disclose such info, he is adopting apple philosophy bout secrecy to keep everyone on their toes 

Dec 21, 2016 at 4:44 PM Post #1,521 of 3,344
I'm very impressed with the it03, very very impressed. Excellent buy, and sounds quite good. The gap is definitely closing between the Uber priced iems and the more reasonably priced ones.

be careful bro that paul reads this then he will price it04 at 3000 usd

Dec 21, 2016 at 11:20 PM Post #1,524 of 3,344
Lol. One thing you can count on, ibasso is fair with their prices... One of the few companies that are in this industry.

Thank you. We work hard to bring the best without cutting corners on quality.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Dec 22, 2016 at 9:57 PM Post #1,526 of 3,344
I have been using the iBasso IT03s for some time already, and still cannot find eartips that provide a perfect seal. Any recommendation for any other eartips? I have tried SpinFit, and they do not fit me, as I feel like they are extending the earpiece out of my ear. For now I am using the eartips that I used on the Xiaomi In Ear Pros and they provide very decent comfort for the first 2 hours of listening, then I have to take them down cause my ears feel hot. May be due to the shape of the IT03s again, but hopefully a change in earbuds will alleviate the problem somewhat.

Dec 22, 2016 at 10:08 PM Post #1,527 of 3,344
At the risk of preaching to the choir, I can add a few of my comments to the many already submitted:

Impeccable build quality with very attractive packaging including a very generous assortment of tips. Superbly balanced tonally with pinpoint imaging in both width and depth. Vocals are among the best I have heard from an regardless of cost. Very resolving but never sibilant or harsh.
They are one of the very few headphones that present the sound from in front, similar to high-quality nearfield speakers rather than between my ears

My only nit so far is the lack of a chin slider on the otherwise fine cable.

Well-done, iBasso!

Dec 23, 2016 at 12:39 AM Post #1,529 of 3,344
Can anyone make a comparison to the ie8/80? Specifically in terms of soundstage and bass (quality and quantity)?
wider soundstage, more sub bass and better quality bass. Better mids and a bit more treble.

Dec 23, 2016 at 1:01 AM Post #1,530 of 3,344
Can anyone make a comparison to the ie8/80? Specifically in terms of soundstage and bass (quality and quantity)?

When the Sennheiser's bass screw is entirely closed, the IT03 will have more sub-bass, whereas the IE 80 will have more midbass, upper bass and root quantity (fundamental warmth).

When the Sennheiser's bass screw is fully open, the IE 80 has got a few decibels more sub-bass and even gains a little more midbass.

The Sennheiser is pretty full sounding in the lower midrange/middle root whereas the iBasso is more neutral here. The iBasso's (sub-) bass is not omnipresent and only there when a recording calls for it whereas the Sennheiser's is almost always in the foreground.
The iBasso's treble is slightly brighter.

In terms of bass quality, the iBasso is quite drastically ahead and puts out a really clean, tight and fast dynamic bass whereas the Sennheiser's is slower, muddier and gives in with more complex and faster recordings, leaving nothing more than an almost indistinguishable mess in the lows.
Detail retrieval in the rest (midrange and treble) is also where the iBasso is quite a bit better.

To my ears, the Sennheiser has got the larger soundstage, however when it comes to separation and spatial precision, it appears quite blurry compared to the iBasso.

On the technical side, the IT03 is obviously ahead of the IE 80. If you prefer a full root and lower midrange, you might probably prefer the Sennheiser tonality-wise, however there is not much not to like about the IT03 and its tuning either. And even if you are into a warmer and fuller presentation like the Sennheiser's, there are nowadays really better alternatives to the IE 80 around the same price bracket.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back