I want to have a baby! Anyone help? (Reps please read)
May 9, 2012 at 1:54 PM Post #91 of 97
Something else to consider when frankensteining: crossover issues will become overwhelming if you're trying to do too much.

The drivers I'm adding to my es5 project will only affect the lower end of the spectrum, and since 2/3rds of the sound spectrum (mids/highs) are essentially being untouched, I'm taking on significantly less risk than if I were adding a tweeter, etc.  Just something to think about while I wait, but yeah I'll let y'all know how it turns out.

May 9, 2012 at 2:06 PM Post #92 of 97
Kudos to ChrisSC for being the crash test dummy xD so many thinga I'd like to reply to but haven't the time unfortunately...

Shame to hear about the MG7 not being appropriate though - I'd almost settled on the idea of a MG6 Pro cross bred with a UERM - it'd fullfil all my professional and pleasure purposes... I do like the way you can change the charactoristics of the MG6 Pro with the vents...

But we shall have to see how yours turn out! In the meantime I shall continue saving up for the UERMs and awaiting delivery of my new MG6 Pro :p

Wonder if it'd really sound bad to have the MG6Pro and UERM without having them tuned to certain areas - like overlapping, if you did some genius stuff with the crossovers... Hmm...

May 13, 2012 at 7:41 AM Post #93 of 97
Quote:
Kudos to ChrisSC for being the crash test dummy xD so many thinga I'd like to reply to but haven't the time unfortunately...
Shame to hear about the MG7 not being appropriate though - I'd almost settled on the idea of a MG6 Pro cross bred with a UERM - it'd fullfil all my professional and pleasure purposes... I do like the way you can change the charactoristics of the MG6 Pro with the vents...
But we shall have to see how yours turn out! In the meantime I shall continue saving up for the UERMs and awaiting delivery of my new MG6 Pro :p
Wonder if it'd really sound bad to have the MG6Pro and UERM without having them tuned to certain areas - like overlapping, if you did some genius stuff with the crossovers... Hmm...

Wow you're really rich! Buying 2 top-tier high-end customs just to make them into lab rats

May 15, 2012 at 9:11 AM Post #94 of 97
Lol if i was really rich why would i be saving? XD

I like different qualitites about each custom and both are useful to me - I will see how others frankinstienessness goes before deciding anything lol

May 15, 2012 at 10:14 AM Post #95 of 97
Quote:
Lol if i was really rich why would i be saving? XD
I like different qualitites about each custom and both are useful to me - I will see how others frankinstienessness goes before deciding anything lol

I totally understand bro, I save for all my stuff too, but unfortunately that kind of frankensteining just is too much for me...

Jun 6, 2012 at 9:25 AM Post #97 of 97
Wow nice!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back