I NEED HELP
Oct 31, 2012 at 2:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

MattDGD

New Head-Fier
I want a pair of Custom IEM's and i really need help with what brand to choose, is 1964any good  my price range is 600 and under, i would like 3 or 4 armature drivers! Help please:)

Oct 31, 2012 at 4:42 PM Post #2 of 20
What sound signature do you like?  Bassy or bass light?  Clear mids for rock and metal or is that not an issue?  Is hearing cymbals and chimes in music more critical than kick drum?

I would take a look at joker's master IEM list here:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/478568/multi-iem-review-262-iems-compared-ultimate-ears-ue-900-added-10-28-12

Oct 31, 2012 at 5:17 PM Post #3 of 20
I will recommend to buy the used highend custom IEMs like JH13Pro, Westone ES5, UM Miracle from here and remold them from UM (they willbe fantastic value) and if not then UM Mage, 1664 Quad, Heir Audio 4A are great buy.

Oct 31, 2012 at 9:37 PM Post #4 of 20
I really like heavy metal so i would like heightened mids but i also like bass so i would like a balance! I would like them to be accurate. I'm really new to this but music is my life so i thought it'd be a great investment

Oct 31, 2012 at 10:03 PM Post #7 of 20
Ears never stop growing. Don't customs need to be refit every few years?

Oct 31, 2012 at 10:19 PM Post #8 of 20
Quote:
Ears never stop growing. Don't customs need to be refit every few years?

Maybe if you buy them when you are 5 years old.
biggrin.gif

Oct 31, 2012 at 10:56 PM Post #12 of 20
Quote:
I am aware of the fact ears continue to grow, like I said, its not an issue unless you are really young.

When you get them fit at age 25, your ears will continue to grow but they are still the same size? How do you figure that out? Besides, why are there companies that will refit customs if it isn't necessary?

Oct 31, 2012 at 11:22 PM Post #13 of 20
Quote:
When you get them fit at age 25, your ears will continue to grow but they are still the same size? How do you figure that out? Besides, why are there companies that will refit customs if it isn't necessary?

Sigh, ears can grow without the canal changing. As for places refitting customs, think about it. People might just want to change the look, people might buy a custom to get whats inside to save some money, then have them made to fit their ears.

Oct 31, 2012 at 11:27 PM Post #14 of 20
Quote:
Sigh, ears can grow without the canal changing. As for places refitting customs, think about it. People might just want to change the look, people might buy a custom to get whats inside to save some money, then have them made to fit their ears.

Your reply is filled with lots of conditionals like can and might. Do you have any science that shows as ears grow ear canals stay the same? And please save your sighs. They make you sound extremely condescending.

Oct 31, 2012 at 11:42 PM Post #15 of 20
Quote:
Your reply is filled with lots of conditionals like can and might. Do you have any science that shows as ears grow ear canals stay the same? And please save your sighs. They make you sound extremely condescending.

Listen, I am done trying to help you. Feel free to go search the internet and make your own conclusion. I own customs, so I might know something about them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back