I have some dissatisfaction about my "PRO900"
Aug 13, 2011 at 5:34 PM Post #31 of 34

Quote:

Yes, but it's still very good for the price. I think the Denon D7000 is pretty much better all around, especially if you're not afraid to use an equalizer. People say the PRO 900 has more bass than the Denons, but that's negligible IMO. The treble catches up quick and vocals are still not as loud as if should be.

I have no personal trouble using an equalizer, but I refrain from boosting frequencies. If a frequency is too loud, I'll cut it down instead of suffering through it for stupid audiophile reasons.

If only the D7000 build quality was at the same standards of the rest of the headphones themselves... The hinge issue is something that would worry me to no end.

Aug 14, 2011 at 12:55 AM Post #32 of 34
Yeah, I have heard a lot of good things about the D7000. Apparently though, it's a lot more veiled. I really enjoy hearing lots of subtle intricacies - even when that means I hear recording flaws. I listen to a lot of metal (Emperor, Dawn) and "post metal" (loose term) (Devin Townsend, Animals As Leaders) and I often hear a lot of very subtle intricacies that I had not before heard.

Aug 14, 2011 at 3:45 AM Post #33 of 34

Quote:
Yeah, I have heard a lot of good things about the D7000. Apparently though, it's a lot more veiled. I really enjoy hearing lots of subtle intricacies - even when that means I hear recording flaws. I listen to a lot of metal (Emperor, Dawn) and "post metal" (loose term) (Devin Townsend, Animals As Leaders) and I often hear a lot of very subtle intricacies that I had not before heard.

Hmmm...  I didn't get a feeling of a veil on the D7000s that was any worse than the PRO 900.  More balanced sound generally leads to more detail. Emphasized treble tends to bring out certain details but also smear them completely as certain high pitch details block out other high pitch details. Both headphones emphasize treble in a different way, but I suspect more smearing would be going on with the PRO 900s as treble is more exaggerated. Experience-wise, I felt the D7000s were more detailed.

Aug 14, 2011 at 4:42 PM Post #34 of 34

Quote:

Hmmm...  I didn't get a feeling of a veil on the D7000s that was any worse than the PRO 900.  More balanced sound generally leads to more detail. Emphasized treble tends to bring out certain details but also smear them completely as certain high pitch details block out other high pitch details. Both headphones emphasize treble in a different way, but I suspect more smearing would be going on with the PRO 900s as treble is more exaggerated. Experience-wise, I felt the D7000s were more detailed.

Really eh? What are your feelings on instrument separation on the D7000? I'm a big metal head and I really love good instrument separation. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back