Hugo TT 2 by Chord Electronics - The Official Thread
Aug 8, 2022 at 4:11 AM Post #16,576 of 18,905
I noticed on TT2 manual that we are not supposed to have both RCA and XLR outs plugged in at the same time.
I have my TT2 connected to a headphone and a speaker amps at the same time to avoid unplug and replugging back the cables when switching from headphone to speakers listening.
Is anyone doing this without any issues or I should not do this?
Hearing your experience on this would be great.

Aug 8, 2022 at 6:40 AM Post #16,577 of 18,905
I noticed on TT2 manual that we are not supposed to have both RCA and XLR outs plugged in at the same time.
I have my TT2 connected to a headphone and a speaker amps at the same time to avoid unplug and replugging back the cables when switching from headphone to speakers listening.
I would like to know this question also.

Btw. What is your chain when usin Susvara?

I am considering Enleum 23r or Ferrum stack.

I just dont want to lose details as I read the Ferrum has more details, and the Enleum is rounded off in the sound

Aug 8, 2022 at 6:47 AM Post #16,578 of 18,905
I would like to know this question also.

Btw. What is your chain when usin Susvara?

I am considering Enleum 23r or Ferrum stack.

I just dont want to lose details as I read the Ferrum has more details, and the Enleum is rounded off in the sound
Rose RS250 > TT2 > Ferrum stack > Susvara
Yes you do lose details with Ferrum stack but you get more body and meatier sound on Ferrum which is great!

Aug 8, 2022 at 6:59 AM Post #16,579 of 18,905
Rose RS250 > TT2 > Ferrum stack > Susvara
Yes you do lose details with Ferrum stack but you get more body and meatier sound on Ferrum which is great!
Ok. I love details! So I have just read the Enluem has these BNC/ENLINK. Maybe if I go that way from my TT2 into the ENLINK?

Aug 8, 2022 at 8:51 AM Post #16,580 of 18,905
Ok. I love details! So I have just read the Enluem has these BNC/ENLINK. Maybe if I go that way from my TT2 into the ENLINK?

AFAIK ENLINK is a current signal (as opposed to a regular voltage signal) transmission system. Same as the Krell CAST or Audio-gd ACSS systems. It requires a source that has a current output, so you can't use it with the TT2 as I understand it. You'd need to use the regular voltage inputs.

Aug 8, 2022 at 9:14 AM Post #16,581 of 18,905
I have been using both XLR and RCA to drive speakers and powered sub. My XLR is also wired balanced but my speakers are very efficient. If I did it again, I’d probably do SE for the XLRs. But no issues using both at the same time. This post from Rob Watts also backs that up: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/hug...official-thread.879425/page-793#post-16119314

Aug 8, 2022 at 12:23 PM Post #16,582 of 18,905
Aug 8, 2022 at 12:28 PM Post #16,584 of 18,905
Just get an ifi elite. Done. Beats everything else..even the hypsos.
I have one for RME DAC FS. Any proof?

Elite is only 3.5A(15V) needs to be 4A

Last edited:
Aug 8, 2022 at 12:35 PM Post #16,586 of 18,905
Aug 8, 2022 at 12:44 PM Post #16,588 of 18,905
Again a chain issue, u have issues with transport quality, power quality, cable quality that they are a bigger issue where u can't hear the difference on the stock psu vs elite on the rme.
I use supra shielded power cables, ipower x, ipurifier, double shielded usb cable. Forza hp cable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back