Hugo TT 2 by Chord Electronics - The Official Thread
Feb 26, 2021 at 3:43 PM Post #12,781 of 19,009
I get optimal results by unplugging all the appliances in my house first, then one by one plugging them back in by alphabetical order of the manufacturers name. Then once that is done, I plug my TT2 back in and the SQ is magic.

W.T.F,

Seriously ?

Hardcore!

Feb 26, 2021 at 7:03 PM Post #12,782 of 19,009
Feb 26, 2021 at 7:11 PM Post #12,783 of 19,009
I get optimal results by unplugging all the appliances in my house first, then one by one plugging them back in by alphabetical order of the manufacturers name. Then once that is done, I plug my TT2 back in and the SQ is magic.
I do the same except I organize them by country of origin of manufacture

Feb 26, 2021 at 7:16 PM Post #12,784 of 19,009
I do the same except I organize them by country of origin of manufacture
Don't forget to hop on one leg while you're doing this, it helps eliminate any loose RF/EMI that might have gotten attached to your body.

Feb 27, 2021 at 11:12 PM Post #12,789 of 19,009
The Hugo TT2 can be an efficient amp for my TV audio. But can I also use the other output for my inefficient big amp when I want highest quality, as shown on this diagram:
Stereo components diagram2.png
Thanks very much if you can answer the two questions in my diagram. I know I have to set TT2 to amp mode, and be careful with Preamp not being set too loud. When watching TV, the Preamp and Amp would be powered off. The amp, Parasound JC5, uses 200 watt even on standby. Wasteful.

Last edited:
Feb 28, 2021 at 1:46 AM Post #12,790 of 19,009
The Hugo TT2 can be an efficient amp for my TV audio. But can I also use the other output for my inefficient big amp when I want highest quality, as shown on this diagram: Thanks very much if you can answer the two questions in my diagram. I know I have to set TT2 to amp mode, and be careful with Preamp not being set too loud. When watching TV, the Preamp and Amp would be powered off. The amp, Parasound JC5, uses 200 watt even on standby. Wasteful.

If you google, "Can I connect two sources to speakers', you will find out NO YOU CANNOT!

Last edited:
Feb 28, 2021 at 2:33 AM Post #12,791 of 19,009
The Hugo TT2 can be an efficient amp for my TV audio. But can I also use the other output for my inefficient big amp when I want highest quality, as shown on this diagram: Thanks very much if you can answer the two questions in my diagram. I know I have to set TT2 to amp mode, and be careful with Preamp not being set too loud. When watching TV, the Preamp and Amp would be powered off. The amp, Parasound JC5, uses 200 watt even on standby. Wasteful.
NEVER - bad things will happen, you will damage your sources and speakers.

TT2 in amp or DAC mode will send output over both XLR and RCA, you cannot pick one or the other.

Last edited:
Feb 28, 2021 at 2:57 AM Post #12,792 of 19,009
NEVER - bad things will happen, you will damage your sources and speakers.

TT2 in amp or DAC mode will send output over both XLR and RCA, you cannot pick one or the other.
ra990, isn’t that why Chord made the TToby, like for driving speakers?

Feb 28, 2021 at 3:02 AM Post #12,793 of 19,009
ra990, isn’t that why Chord made the TToby, like for driving speakers?
What I'm advising against there is connecting two different outputs to the same set of speakers. I wouldn't have an issue if the TT2 was the only thing connected to the speakers and they were 96db+ in sensitivity. You can't just connect various outputs to one set of speaker terminals. If any two are on at the same time, I don't even know what would happen, but it wouldn't be good I'm guessing.

Feb 28, 2021 at 6:43 AM Post #12,794 of 19,009
One way is a switch, that connects either RCA or XLR to the output.
Or a switch at the speakers for 12 gauge wire (double pole double throw switch for each speaker).
The most practical may be a HDMI soundbar for the TV, which I can switch to the optical out when I want high quality with high energy use. The TV's built-in speakers are not acceptable to me.

Last edited:
Feb 28, 2021 at 10:14 AM Post #12,795 of 19,009
One way is a switch, that connects either RCA or XLR to the output.
Or a switch at the speakers for 12 gauge wire (double pole double throw switch for each speaker).
The most practical may be a HDMI soundbar for the TV, which I can switch to the optical out when I want high quality with high energy use. The TV's built-in speakers are not acceptable to me.
You could also make an adapter or a special speaker cable that connect the FRONT panel hp jack to your speakers. It’s the same power as the rear RCA and would ensure that the TT2 is not sending both signals at the same time. But, I would still caution to put the TT2 in standby when plugging and unplugging using this method, since I don’t know how fast the actual switching is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back