Hugo TT 2 by Chord Electronics - The Official Thread
Feb 23, 2021 at 3:51 PM Post #12,751 of 18,895
I have one of those big bucket-style batteries with the handle recommended around here. Maybe my best solution is to always leave it plugged in to there and fired up and just top off the battery when I am not using the TT2 (it charges and does pass-thru). Then I can always keep it on and mobile.

Maybe I will even have a custom vest sewn so I just wear both on my person at all times. This vest can have 3 or 4 hooks for my current fav headphones as well. Oh and a spot for a bluesound node 2i which I'll plug into one of the AC ports on the battery. (think wedding photographer) Yes, this is best. I'll call it the TT2go

Feb 23, 2021 at 5:00 PM Post #12,752 of 18,895
I have one of those big bucket-style batteries with the handle recommended around here. Maybe my best solution is to always leave it plugged in to there and fired up and just top off the battery when I am not using the TT2 (it charges and does pass-thru). Then I can always keep it on and mobile.

Maybe I will even have a custom vest sewn so I just wear both on my person at all times. This vest can have 3 or 4 hooks for my current fav headphones as well. Oh and a spot for a bluesound node 2i which I'll plug into one of the AC ports on the battery. (think wedding photographer) Yes, this is best. I'll call it the TT2go
We NEED to see you in the prototype of the TT2go!

Remember the people viewing this thread have the $$$ to BUY, so price accordingly and be sure add the word 'Audiophile' :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Feb 23, 2021 at 9:53 PM Post #12,755 of 18,895
I'm still lost as to what's best done.

1. Unplug tt2 at the wall first (while tt2 is On)?

2. Unplug TT2 at wall first (once TT2 is in Off/standby mode)?

3. Unplug tt2 from its back, while On. Or while Off?

4. Turn tt2 off always, regarless how you unplug it (be it back of tt2 or wall)

I can't leave it On, all the time like some here can, I transport the *thang* from room to room daily.

I just don't want to deal with the power issue that's been experienced here by some, and I still don't know what chord suggests we do.

Sorry *yall*, I know this is probably becoming like the (do I put tt2 in dac or amp mode when amping) question... But this is all still so unclear.

What do you think?

Feb 23, 2021 at 10:11 PM Post #12,756 of 18,895
My 2c.

Put TT2 in stand-by.
Unplug from wall.
Maybe press power button to discharge anything in the supercaps or power brick.
Unplug power plug from TT2.
Unplug all connections.

Set it where you want.
Leave power-brick away from the mains.
Plug all connections to TT2.
Plug power brick into mains.

Feb 23, 2021 at 10:42 PM Post #12,757 of 18,895
I'm still lost as to what's best done.

1. Unplug tt2 at the wall first (while tt2 is On)?

2. Unplug TT2 at wall first (once TT2 is in Off/standby mode)?

3. Unplug tt2 from its back, while On. Or while Off?

4. Turn tt2 off always, regarless how you unplug it (be it back of tt2 or wall)

I can't leave it On, all the time like some here can, I transport the *thang* from room to room daily.

I just don't want to deal with the power issue that's been experienced here by some, and I still don't know what chord suggests we do.

Sorry *yall*, I know this is probably becoming like the (do I put tt2 in dac or amp mode when amping) question... But this is all still so unclear.

What do you think?
Get a Mojo or a smaller apartment.

Feb 23, 2021 at 11:43 PM Post #12,759 of 18,895
Okay guys I’m confused about one thing regarding the best power practice. When you guys/Rob say it’s best to leave the TT2 on, does that mean I shouldn’t put it into Standby mode (On/Off button on device, third from left) regularly? Or that I shouldn’t be unplugging the AC adapter from the device regularly?

Last edited:
Feb 23, 2021 at 11:48 PM Post #12,760 of 18,895
I always put the TT2 in standby first, before doing any unplugging. I have pulled the power cord out without putting it standby once or twice, and that works too. It just slowly discharges till the power drains out (a few seconds). Either should be fine.

In general, I leave my mTT2 running all the time and just top off my batteries overnight.

It's the plugging in that we have to be careful with. Make sure the power cord is connected to the TT2 before plugging it into the power source (whatever that may be for you).

Although...I'm having to send my TT2 in for service a second time, so I'm not sure I'm the best example to follow :laughing:

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2021 at 12:46 AM Post #12,761 of 18,895
I always put the TT2 in standby first, before doing any unplugging. I have pulled the power cord out without putting it standby once or twice, and that works too. It just slowly discharges till the power drains out (a few seconds). Either should be fine.

In general, I leave my mTT2 running all the time and just top off my batteries overnight.

It's the plugging in that we have to be careful with. Make sure the power cord is connected to the TT2 before plugging it into the power source (whatever that may be for you).

Although...I'm having to send my TT2 in for service a second time, so I'm not sure I'm the best example to follow :laughing:
Are both your issues power related Ra? I forget

Feb 24, 2021 at 1:18 AM Post #12,762 of 18,895
Are both your issues power related Ra? I forget
First one was clicking on power up loop. This one is a static, popping sound coming from the right XLR out.

I ruled out anything shorting on my cable, so I'll be sending it into the Sound Org tomorrow. They handled the last repair very quickly. Texas is not in a good shape right now, so I'm not expecting a quick turnaround.

I will be listening on my backup system, an SMSL M200/SP200 until it gets back to me. I'm looking forward to a renewed respect for each system.

Feb 24, 2021 at 3:54 AM Post #12,763 of 18,895
Today, my TT2 is back from service center. This is *SUPER* *ULTRA* *HYPER* fastest repairing result I ever experienced, regardless brand. It only took *SINGLE* day!!! Although problem was not that simple, also repair engineer couldn't pinpoint what makes this problem. BNC 1 endpoint on PCB has some IC. According to repair engineer, that endpoint on PCB resistance must be 75 ohm, but it was 8 ohm only, it was kind of short circuit on inside of IC because all soldering and PCB pattern has no problem at all. So he just remove problematic IC first, and change to new one, problem solved.

But still it is unclear what caused this problem.

Today I ask engineer, what is best way to threat TT2; he gave me some suggestion.
1. Don't connect any digital connector (USB/BNC) while TT2 is ON.
2. Best way to keep TT2's lifespan longer, don't disconnect power brick from the wall, just make TT2 "Standby" mode by power button either on TT2 or remote.
3. Don't use linear power supply which does not have voltage regulator. If DC voltage is fluctuated and if it goes up more than 2V, it means if it over 17V, it may harm your TT2. Some of linear power has this kind of problem even if regulate circuit is included. Best is just use SMPS which is included on package.

That's it. I also will not disconnect power brick from the wall from now on. (I don't move around with my TT2)
But, IMO, if some of you guys need to move around with your TT2, I would do like this:
Power off TT2 by press power button.
Disconnect DC jack from TT2.
Disconnect power brick from the wall.

When re-connect TT2:
Connect power brick to the wall.
Connect DC jack to TT2.
:beerchug:

** I made mistake read line. disconnect DC jack from TT2 first!

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2021 at 4:09 AM Post #12,764 of 18,895
Today, my TT2 is back from service center. This is *SUPER* *ULTRA* *HYPER* fastest repairing result I ever experienced, regardless brand. It only took *SINGLE* day!!! Although problem was not that simple, also repair engineer couldn't pinpoint what makes this problem. BNC 1 endpoint on PCB has some IC. According to repair engineer, that endpoint on PCB resistance must be 75 ohm, but it was 8 ohm only, it was kind of short circuit on inside of IC because all soldering and PCB pattern has no problem at all. So he just remove problematic IC first, and change to new one, problem solved.

But still it is unclear what caused this problem.

Today I ask engineer, what is best way to threat TT2; he gave me some suggestion.
1. Don't connect any digital connector (USB/BNC) while TT2 is ON.
2. Best way to keep TT2's lifespan longer, don't disconnect power brick from the wall, just make TT2 "Standby" mode by power button either on TT2 or remote.
3. Don't use linear power supply which does not have voltage regulator. If DC voltage is fluctuated and if it goes up more than 2V, it means if it over 17V, it may harm your TT2. Some of linear power has this kind of problem even if regulate circuit is included. Best is just use SMPS which is included on package.

That's it. I also will not disconnect power brick from the wall from now on. (I don't move around with my TT2)
But, IMO, if some of you guys need to move around with your TT2, I would do like this:
Power off TT2 by press power button.
Disconnect power brick from the wall.
Disconnect DC jack from TT2.
When re-connect TT2:
Connect power brick to the wall.
Connect DC jack to TT2.
:beerchug:
When reconnecting to wall

Why not attach dc jack to tt2 and then power brick to wall?

Feb 24, 2021 at 4:36 AM Post #12,765 of 18,895
When reconnecting to wall

Why not attach dc jack to tt2 and then power brick to wall?
Because I am concern if DC output voltage is fluctuating when power brick connect to wall, will give bad affect to TT2. I would like to prevent this problem.
I made mistake when need TT2 off. Edit my original post already.
Power Off TT2 first is same, Disconnect DC jack from TT2 is second, and finally disconnect power brick from wall.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back