Hugo TT 2 by Chord Electronics - The Official Thread
Nov 20, 2019 at 10:40 PM Post #7,906 of 18,907
Hi,

For anyone using TT2 with speakers, are you using any kind of room correction? I just added a convolution filter to Roon (couldn’t have done it without this great guide: https://blog.roonlabs.com/digital-room-correction/). Have to do more listening, but it seems like a no-brainer “tweak” (necessity?). Certainly must have a greater impact than cables and such?

One question if you have and are using a sub: did you turn off DSP before creating the filters? I did and it seems maybe cleaner on initial listening. But I kept the high pass cutoff. Anyway, lots to explore when using TT2 with speakers.

Nov 21, 2019 at 7:31 PM Post #7,907 of 18,907
Nov 23, 2019 at 5:45 AM Post #7,908 of 18,907
I received my TT2 September 2019 just 2 months ago. I tested every possible combination many times and no whine or display noise at all. It's important to remember it only affected the units before QA checks were tightened to deal with the issue. I was lucky to get a later unit.
I also receive a brand new Chord TT2 in September and had no noice problem coming from the unit. After a month or so it didn’t start. I took it to the local dealer to send the unit to Chord, and after 3 weeks they send me a new unit. This one seems to have the noise problem coming from inside but only at starting time (in dim light). It doesn’t bother me and it seems that this unit sounds more relaxed then the other one (more musical even in filter 1). The volume ball is a bit rough and the remote seems to be used.
Don’t know what to say, at this price it should be flawless. The difference in serial number was more then 1000 units so the TT2 is selling like warm bread. Maybe they can’t keep up with the demand.

Nov 23, 2019 at 5:57 AM Post #7,909 of 18,907
The volume ball is a bit rough and the remote seems to be used.
Don’t know what to say, at this price it should be flawless. The difference in serial number was more then 1000 units so the TT2 is selling like warm bread. Maybe they can’t keep up with the demand.
PM me your serial number, and I will make enquiries.
I have seen other posts mentioning that demand for the TT2 has exceeded Chords expectations, so they were producing and shipping them as fast as possible.
That high level of demand, is a sign that the TT2 has hit a sweet spot for many owners.

Last edited:
Nov 23, 2019 at 7:22 AM Post #7,910 of 18,907
I also receive a brand new Chord TT2 in September and had no noice problem coming from the unit. After a month or so it didn’t start. I took it to the local dealer to send the unit to Chord, and after 3 weeks they send me a new unit. This one seems to have the noise problem coming from inside but only at starting time (in dim light). It doesn’t bother me and it seems that this unit sounds more relaxed then the other one (more musical even in filter 1). The volume ball is a bit rough and the remote seems to be used.

Very interesting! I’ve had three TT2s, and all have had the brief display panel whistle. I’m kicking myself now that I didn't write down the serial numbers of the first two, which may have helped establish some kind of pattern. My first one purchased last December was obviously used and had a few marks on the chassis, so was returned. The second delivered in January was cosmetically perfect, but somehow it just didn’t quite gel with my system. I then went for the TT and it really hit the spot. Less resolving, but a more enjoyable and organic musical flow, like good vinyl. However lots of posts here convinced me to give a TT2 another go, plus I REALLY missed the extra inputs and ability to upgrade it in the future with M-Scaler should I ever be able to afford it. I don’t know if it’s my imagination (likely!) or whether it’s because my room has been changed around, but I’m enjoying this third TT2 more than my first. It was purchased just over a week back and the serial number is 39481. I’m delighted with it, and I think I would probably have just ignored the display noise thing and just kept it on the dim setting, but Rob said the issue had been caught in QC now, so was rather disappointed the issue was still there. To be honest I think I’m going to just live with it, but it really needs to be sorted out on a unit this expensive.

Nov 23, 2019 at 7:34 AM Post #7,911 of 18,907
Very interesting! I’ve had three TT2s, and all have had the brief display panel whistle. I’m kicking myself now that I didn't write down the serial numbers of the first two, which may have helped establish some kind of pattern. My first one purchased last December was obviously used and had a few marks on the chassis, so was returned. The second delivered in January was cosmetically perfect, but somehow it just didn’t quite gel with my system. I then went for the TT and it really hit the spot. Less resolving, but a more enjoyable and organic musical flow, like good vinyl. However lots of posts here convinced me to give a TT2 another go, plus I REALLY missed the extra inputs and ability to upgrade it in the future with M-Scaler should I ever be able to afford it. I don’t know if it’s my imagination (likely!) or whether it’s because my room has been changed around, but I’m enjoying this third TT2 more than my first. It was purchased just over a week back and the serial number is 39481. I’m delighted with it, and I think I would probably have just ignored the display noise thing and just kept it on the dim setting, but Rob said the issue had been caught in QC now, so was rather disappointed the issue was still there. To be honest I think I’m going to just live with it, but it really needs to be sorted out on a unit this expensive.
i dont get it, so u bought one of them and it had marks on it thinking it was new, how on earth is this happening for such an expensive device, and also to believe ur last unit sounds better than previous ones

Last edited:
Nov 23, 2019 at 7:38 AM Post #7,912 of 18,907
i dont get it, so u bought one of them and it had marks on it thinking it was new, how on earth is this happening for such an expensive device

I think I was possibly sold either a shop return or a display model, as the box had obviously been opened before etc etc. Last December suppliers were really struggling to fill demand, so I think this just went out to me by mistake. It wasn't a Chord issue.

Nov 23, 2019 at 7:43 AM Post #7,913 of 18,907
I think I was possibly sold either a shop return or a display model, as the box had obviously been opened before etc etc. Last December suppliers were really struggling to fill demand, so I think this just went out to me by mistake. It wasn't a Chord issue.
oh i see so it was not sealed, makes sense now

Nov 23, 2019 at 4:09 PM Post #7,914 of 18,907
Just to see what my unit does I can hear noise when LED is lit, but I have to put my ear within a few inches. I use headphones only at this point so not an issue for me.

Nov 23, 2019 at 4:48 PM Post #7,915 of 18,907
Just to see what my unit does I can hear noise when LED is lit, but I have to put my ear within a few inches. I use headphones only at this point so not an issue for me.

Option 1. Your TT2 is fine.
Option 2. You are partially deaf.
Option 3. You had your headphones on when you did the test.

as a matter of interest, did you try on both brightness settings for the display?

Nov 23, 2019 at 7:57 PM Post #7,916 of 18,907
If a thousand sold so quickly and we get a handfull of complaints about the noise it must be a small percentage. The unit i had since September does not emit any noise dim or not playing or not or any other combo. I tested extensively. The slightest anomaly and it would have gone straight back.

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2019 at 10:46 AM Post #7,917 of 18,907
Option 1. Your TT2 is fine.
Option 2. You are partially deaf.
Option 3. You had your headphones on when you did the test.

as a matter of interest, did you try on both brightness settings for the display?

Option 1, LOL and yes

Nov 24, 2019 at 1:02 PM Post #7,918 of 18,907
Option 1, LOL and yes

I forgot to add a :smile: to my post to make sure everyone knew it was in jest. One has to be so careful these days!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back