Hugo TT 2 by Chord Electronics - The Official Thread
Oct 29, 2019 at 1:44 PM Post #7,608 of 18,905
some update on the remote issue

I went to the dealer to get my replacement tt2 today

Decided to try it out right there, out of the box the remote is not working. Try a little bit more, it start to work but same old issue not responding 1 out 5 time.

Dealer got a sliver tt2 demo unit, try the same remote on that one. (Operating 2 tt2 with one remote )

Guess what, both tt2 being responsive and unresponsive to the remote simultaneously. (If one doesn’t work the other is not working as well, when one fix itself somehow the other back to normal immediately)

Dealer is shocked whip out the remote for the demo unit( which was never used)

Now i got two remote on my both hand call it dual wielding if you want. (Both remote is powered by brand new batteries)

Some of you if still reading here probably think its a broken remote i had on one of my hand.

Nope, if both tt 2 is not responding to one of the remote, the other will not work as well.

I filmed this weird newly found remote-failure quantum entanglement phenomenon and send it to chord support hopefully there will be a solution to the mystery.

Counting the tt2 i send it back to the national dealer, there are three tt2 that demonstrated this phenomenon, according to the national dealer the one i send in just went dead from the continues testing.

If anybody is curious why i am so obsessed with remote, because i need to switch input from time to time and remote is the best way to do it. According to the chord staff tt2 share the same remote circuits and design as hugo2. I always use remote with my previously owned hugo2 it was swift like lightning. So there is probably some issue with the fpga or something else. I am pretty sure there is no radio interference in the dealer’s shop( its packed with hi-end dac&amp), and i put my tt2 where i used to put my hugo2.

If any body wants to try out your remote, here is what i did to trigger the issue: just keep using it.

Oct 29, 2019 at 2:03 PM Post #7,609 of 18,905

Decided to try it out right there, out of the box the remote is not working. Try a little bit more, it start to work but same old issue not responding 1 out 5 time.

Dealer got a sliver tt2 demo unit, try the same remote on that one. (Operating 2 tt2 with one remote )

Guess what, both tt2 being responsive and unresponsive to the remote simultaneously. (If one doesn’t work the other is not working as well, when one fix itself somehow the other back to normal immediately)

Now i got two remote on my both hand call it dual wielding if you want. (Both remote is powered by brand new batteries)

Some of you if still reading here probably think its a broken remote i had on one of my hand.

Nope, if both tt 2 is not responding to one of the remote, the other will not work as well.

I filmed this weird newly found remote-failure quantum entanglement phenomenon and send it to chord support hopefully there will be a solution to the mystery.

Counting the tt2 i send it back to the national dealer, there are three tt2 that demonstrated this phenomenon, according to the national dealer the one i send in just went dead from the continues testing.

If anybody is curious why i am so obsessed with remote, because i need to switch input from time to time and remote is the best way to do it. According to the chord staff tt2 share the same remote circuits and design as hugo2. I always use remote with my previously owned hugo2 it was swift like lightning. So there is probably some issue with the fpga or something else. I am pretty sure there is no radio interference in the dealer’s shop( its packed with hi-end dac&amp), and i put my tt2 where i used to put my hugo2.

If any body wants to try out your remote, here is what i did to trigger the issue: just keep using it.
This is so strange. I have never had any issues with the remote. It works like a charm in pretty much any angle. Nor I have heard other TT2 owners mentioning this problem. I am looking forward to hear back what's happening next.

Oct 29, 2019 at 5:23 PM Post #7,611 of 18,905

My TT2 remote works but and I can't complain about this, but it changes the volume on my TV when I use the OPT and BT buttons. Funny thing is, my Hugo 2 remote didn't do that.

Again, I can't complain as it works as advertised, just weird that one turns up my tv and my h2 one didnt. I spose I can get me a universal remote and fix the problem, but I never use OPT or BT on TT2.

I just use DBNC only, so it's no drama.

Oct 29, 2019 at 9:18 PM Post #7,613 of 18,905
My TT2 remote works but and I can't complain about this, but it changes the volume on my TV when I use the OPT and BT buttons. Funny thing is, my Hugo 2 remote didn't do that.

Again, I can't complain as it works as advertised, just weird that one turns up my tv and my h2 one didnt. I spose I can get me a universal remote and fix the problem, but I never use OPT or BT on TT2.

I just use DBNC only, so it's no drama.

I felt using remote for volume tuning is better than the ball, btw the opt button always trigger the staggering more often than other buttons.

Oct 30, 2019 at 5:35 AM Post #7,614 of 18,905
I had a problem with the remote on my original Hugo TT but it was not, in itself, faulty. Turns out it was interacting with the infrared signalling of the tV remote. When I purchased a new TV which did not use infrared, the problem went away. That does not explain your experience at the dealership, of course. But there may be other factors causing interference to correct operation.

Oct 30, 2019 at 6:08 AM Post #7,615 of 18,905
It depends, how much you value sound? Its almost the price of the TT2... do you have anything else you would rather or need to use the money for? For me personally, this stack sounds better than the Dave and cheaper too, and I was hell bent on that quest for perfect sound; I've found it and I don't think I'll be spending money on audio from this point forth for a while; the next time I buy something new is when I can afford to throw money at Focal floor standers at my new house, and maybe Robs Power Pulse Array digital monoblocks when they come out...

See this post of mine from last Nov

The question is not whether it is worth it. The question is, are you worth it? You only live once, so yes.

This is NOT what I wanted to hear guys! Thank-you. NOT! :wink:
M Scaler is on its way now! :)

Oct 30, 2019 at 10:03 AM Post #7,616 of 18,905
This is NOT what I wanted to hear guys! Thank-you. NOT! :wink:
M Scaler is on its way now! :)

Sweet as. I would recommend getting two of these https://www.cleareraudio.com/products/copper-line-alpha-digital-interconnect with "Supersupressors" aka ferries on each end. That's what I use, and I've gone through a lot of realistically priced (in the low hundred $ range) coax interconnects, but this absolutely nails it.

Here's the spec sheet: https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0274/4811/files/copper-line_alpha_digital_inter_specs_web.pdf?668

Oct 30, 2019 at 10:18 AM Post #7,617 of 18,905
Sweet as. I would recommend getting two of these https://www.cleareraudio.com/products/copper-line-alpha-digital-interconnect with "Supersupressors" aka ferries on each end. That's what I use, and I've gone through a lot of realistically priced (in the low hundred $ range) coax interconnects, but this absolutely nails it.

Here's the spec sheet: https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0274/4811/files/copper-line_alpha_digital_inter_specs_web.pdf?668

Cheers for this!
I thought about just going with the stock BNC cables supplied with the HMS, but they look a little long, especially since I'm stacking 'em on top on one another.
I've decided to go with two 0.5m lengths of the Atlas Mavros BNC cables, which I've used in the past:

https://www.atlascables.com/ic-digital-mavros-bnc.html

Oct 30, 2019 at 10:26 AM Post #7,618 of 18,905
Cheers for this!
I thought about just going with the stock BNC cables supplied with the HMS, but they look a little long, especially since I'm stacking 'em on top on one another.
I've decided to go with two 0.5m lengths of the Atlas Mavros BNC cables, which I've used in the past:

https://www.atlascables.com/ic-digital-mavros-bnc.html

Yes I did consider the Mavros and came close on buying them, but coming across the Clearer Audio one:

1. It has ferrites, and they are of a good advantage for digital audio streaming application: http://audiosystemsgroup.com/SAC0305Ferrites.pdf

2. The resistance and capacitance spec is lower.

3. Has fantastic shielding and uses high quality BNC connectors

4. It is much, much cheaper.

Oct 30, 2019 at 2:22 PM Post #7,620 of 18,905
I have just added a JL Audio D110 to my two channel setup, so TT2 driving Dynaudio excite 12’s direct from XLR’s, as I have been, and the JL is running off the RCA’s at the back also. WOW,INCREDIBLE!!!,more to come as I dial it in, but I am blown away right now. I also demoed some Neat Ultimatum MF5’s today at my dealers, which would not need a sub at all. The next question is, can the TT2 drive the MF5’s direct?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back