Hugo TT 2 by Chord Electronics - The Official Thread
Apr 3, 2019 at 6:27 PM Post #5,176 of 18,907
Tt was always the sweet spot of the chord line. Tt2 still is, just more costly.

Apr 5, 2019 at 3:30 AM Post #5,180 of 18,907
Hello all, I appreciate that not everyone here will be using a usb cable into their tt2, but those that do, what are you using?
I will be needing one soon and have come across several. QED, Audioquest, Silverline, Chord, Lush^2, Supra2 to name but a few.

I certainly believe we can do a lot better than the standard offerings, but I won’t be spending £100’s on a cable.

Any suggestions?
It depends lot on copper quality and shielding. One of few rare cables using pcocc A copper is oyaide neo S or A class cable. S class is thicker and suitable for longer length. For 1 m A class is sufficient. It beats even the very expensive usb cables.

Apr 5, 2019 at 11:16 AM Post #5,182 of 18,907
Tt was always the sweet spot of the chord line. Tt2 still is, just more costly.

I wonder if there was a way to remove the batteries in your TT and replace them with super caps. I would love to think it was just as easy as unsoldering the batteries and soldering in super caps where the batteries used to be.

If that was possible, and without needing to mod the pcb, I think that would be an excellent upgrade, plus it would save folk from having to replace it’s batteries.

I was just thinking out loud how feasible such a ghetto mod would be.

Apr 5, 2019 at 12:23 PM Post #5,183 of 18,907
I wonder if there was a way to remove the batteries in your TT and replace them with super caps. I would love to think it was just as easy as unsoldering the batteries and soldering in super caps where the batteries used to be.

If that was possible, and without needing to mod the pcb, I think that would be an excellent upgrade, plus it would save folk from having to replace it’s batteries.

I was just thinking out loud how feasible such a ghetto mod would be.

If you are willing to get your soldering iron out then replacing the TT batteries is both cheap and easy on a diy basis. Forget any warranty with chord though if you go down that route.

As to replacing the batteries with super capacitors I have no idea except that I have seen anecdotal evidence that people have done just that with cars and they say it works.

Personally I would think that the reason why TT2 benefits so much from the supercaps is because it has a much higher power output compared to the TT and so the peak current demands are likely to be higher in the TT2 than the TT.

Let us know how you get on. We need pictures of course. Especially the one of you using the fire extinguisher in the event of a foul up. :scream:

Apr 5, 2019 at 12:43 PM Post #5,184 of 18,907
If you are willing to get your soldering iron out then replacing the TT batteries is both cheap and easy on a diy basis. Forget any warranty with chord though if you go down that route.

As to replacing the batteries with super capacitors I have no idea except that I have seen anecdotal evidence that people have done just that with cars and they say it works.

Personally I would think that the reason why TT2 benefits so much from the supercaps is because it has a much higher power output compared to the TT and so the peak current demands are likely to be higher in the TT2 than the TT.

Let us know how you get on. We need pictures of course. Especially the one of you using the fire extinguisher in the event of a foul up. :scream:
P2Q was an electrician, so ask him to connect the wiring. What could possibly go wrong? :wink:

Apr 5, 2019 at 2:45 PM Post #5,185 of 18,907
Strange, has anyone's TT2 suddenly start lowering its volume by itself? Wasn't even touching the thing and it just started going to red.

Apr 5, 2019 at 7:38 PM Post #5,188 of 18,907
My DAVE does it, too, but very rarely.

Apr 6, 2019 at 1:47 AM Post #5,189 of 18,907
I'm sure that I remember someone having that issue, but I cannot remember which dac it was.
Best to contact Chord support, and see what they say.

Will probably see if it happens again before asking Chord what's going on. Just happened this one time anyway so not really something I'm worried about. Thanks!

Apr 6, 2019 at 3:05 AM Post #5,190 of 18,907
Strange, has anyone's TT2 suddenly start lowering its volume by itself? Wasn't even touching the thing and it just started going to red.

I seem to recall that happening with mine once, but the remote was beside me and I wasn’t sure if it was me touching the remote with the side of my leg.

No biggie, as it hasn’t happened again, so it probably was one of the buttons on the remote being pushed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back