Hugo TT 2 by Chord Electronics - The Official Thread
Nov 1, 2018 at 3:01 PM Post #2,296 of 18,895
Congrats on your upcoming delivery, Paul! However... if I were you I had waited for the black. Fortunately you're not me! :smile:

Hugo₂, Qutest, Hugo TT₂ and DAVE all use the same ASIO Chord 1.05 driver, so you're already ready.
I know mate but I'm not a racist person plus after looking at the pics I quite like the silver, as long as its a chord hugo TT 2 under the hood and not a Chinese rip off I'll be happy.I might phone Chord up just to make sure with my serial number

Last edited:
Nov 1, 2018 at 4:14 PM Post #2,298 of 18,895
Hello Rob,

I wanted to ask please, what do you think about 320 kbps files with Hugo TT 2 with and without the Mscaler. I wouldn't listen to compressed music, but I just discovered some wonderful blues radio stations, advert free. Is it worth or i should have at least CD quality files?

Also if you can please suggest some speakers for TT 2, in your option multi driver sounds more natural then single driver speaker ?
May i ask why your are not connecting your speakers directly to the balanced output for full 18W, ans you prefer the RCA jacks for less power 7W?
Thank you in advance.

Nov 1, 2018 at 4:44 PM Post #2,299 of 18,895
Hello Rob,

I wanted to ask please, what do you think about 320 kbps files with Hugo TT 2 with and without the Mscaler. I wouldn't listen to compressed music, but I just discovered some wonderful blues radio stations, advert free. Is it worth or i should have at least CD quality files?

Also if you can please suggest some speakers for TT 2, in your option multi driver sounds more natural then single driver speaker ?
May i ask why your are not connecting your speakers directly to the balanced output for full 18W, ans you prefer the RCA jacks for less power 7W?
Thank you in advance.
My H2 uses only half a watt to direct drive speakers, so the 7W of the TT2 should be enough for many speakers.
In the old days of diy hifi, people often used amps with only 2W to power speakers.

Nov 1, 2018 at 4:46 PM Post #2,300 of 18,895
Hello Rob,

Thank you in advance.
320 kbps ?THAT'S SACRILEGE DARLING!! !

Nov 1, 2018 at 6:35 PM Post #2,305 of 18,895
I'm hearing loads of ppl are not blown away with the M scaler, I've not heard it so can't comment but I think you need to buy the best dac you can afford and the m scaler is just the icing on the cake, I know Rob says hugo 2 and M scaler over Hugo TT 2 but I'm gonna disagree not heard it madness but too many ppl I know aren't getting that buzz that life changing experience from it.I love Chord and Rob watts more,just my opinion.Did you know you get a free MUG with the M scaler,what's with the gimmicks? Let the product sell itself

Last edited:
Nov 1, 2018 at 8:20 PM Post #2,307 of 18,895
Jesus Christ door bell just rang be right back.False alarm, neighbours moaning about the music,I said I'll turn it down and they said no Paul it sounds distorted, I told them I hear ya, tomorrow get my hugo TT 2

0aXr87a.gif

Last edited:
Nov 1, 2018 at 8:51 PM Post #2,308 of 18,895
Hello Rob,

Thank you in advance.

The softness and warmth of 320k MP3/AAC is much more apparent via TT2 and M scaler. I don't use it as a serious source, but it's good for trying new music.

Single drivers are much more transparent, but also have clear frequency response issues, and can sound a bit more distorted; bass is their weakness.

I found my B and W 803D3 is loud enough with the 7W RMS SE OP. The good thing about TT2 is it has enough current reserves and linearity to drive difficult loads (that is loads that has impedance dropping to 3 ohms like the 803).

Nov 1, 2018 at 10:51 PM Post #2,309 of 18,895
I'm hearing loads of ppl are not blown away with the M scaler, I've not heard it so can't comment but I think you need to buy the best dac you can afford and the m scaler is just the icing on the cake, I know Rob says hugo 2 and M scaler over Hugo TT 2 but I'm gonna disagree not heard it madness but too many ppl I know aren't getting that buzz that life changing experience from it.I love Chord and Rob watts more,just my opinion.Did you know you get a free MUG with the M scaler,what's with the gimmicks? Let the product sell itself

Step away from the beer bottle and put your hands up.

I hope your TT 2 arrives soon.

Last edited:
Nov 2, 2018 at 1:54 AM Post #2,310 of 18,895

I can see you are getting excited about your TT2. I am sure you will love it. Unfortunately there is a whole new extra world of music quality out there and waiting to be heard when any of the Chord appropriate dual bnc DACs are linked to HMS. You will love your TT2. People love their solo Daves but they are blown away when they add HMS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back