Hugo TT 2 by Chord Electronics - The Official Thread
Oct 31, 2018 at 9:42 AM Post #2,266 of 18,907
There has been several comments on this forum as to when the TT2 will become available, so am surprised that the Chord Electronics sales team have not kept us informed. I, among several others, have pre-ordered and paid a deposit. So c’mon sales team, what’s happening? It doesn’t help when it appears that some have received theirs!

Oct 31, 2018 at 9:49 AM Post #2,267 of 18,907
Isn't there a hold up due to the chord tag logo not being correct?

Oct 31, 2018 at 10:27 AM Post #2,268 of 18,907
Paul2qute mentioned that, but it’s still not from the ‘horses mouth’. Rumour has it that the black finish will be first, then a post suggests it will be the silver first. Sales team should talk to their customers.

Oct 31, 2018 at 2:54 PM Post #2,269 of 18,907
I hope to trade in my h2 and add a tt2 to my hms within around 6 weeks from now. Once i have it i will enjoy the combo with my pm1. I can't think of another brand where i would invest blindly like with chord for audio.

Nov 1, 2018 at 1:30 AM Post #2,270 of 18,907
As my beloved oppo pm1 is a planar that is easy to drive i'm wondering whether i should call it a day with h2/hms and just get on with enjoying the music and whether pursuing a tt2 is not something i need to do. My silver hugo 2 looks so damn good lit up with different colours at dawn while i await my mscaler to arrive back from it's infra red fix tomorrow. Listening to kenny g brazilian nights minus hms is so damn good anyway. With hms added have i achieved my goal of acquiring tools that enable me to fully enjoy a wide catalogue of digital music streams. I don't need a collection of headphones. I also wonder what my amphenol rf cables will add to the mix. With a tt2 i may then need more headphones. If one is on a tight budget when does one pull out of what is potentially an endless quest. By appreciating both the tt2 and h2 as separate entities and not competing rivals things appear different. Had i purchased difficult to drive planars maybe things would be different too. Maybe in the morning my tt2 quest will be the one to aim for by xmas or maybe not.:thinking:

Personally id stick with H2, like me with the 650s i have to set a point at where it becomes wasteful spending. Its well known the 650s arent amazingly transparent but they have a midrange and tonality unlike any other so thats why i still use them, to me id stop at a H2 or Qutest. I cant imagine pairing a TT2 or Dave with these headphones would be benificial compared to something like Utopia, Abyss etc.

Nov 1, 2018 at 1:34 AM Post #2,271 of 18,907
I hope to trade in my h2 and add a tt2 to my hms within around 6 weeks from now. Once i have it i will enjoy the combo with my pm1. I can't think of another brand where i would invest blindly like with chord for audio.

Ahh looks like i replied too late you already made up your mind. Id still go for more transparent headphones if possible.

Nov 1, 2018 at 1:51 AM Post #2,272 of 18,907
I think calling investing in a tt2 wasteful doesn't apply to me here at least. I've come as far as the h2/mscaler and i feel the tt2 would compliment the mscaler perfectly stacked on top and would give me a warmer more transparent sound. I like the fact i can just switch the tt2 off at the mains which i can't do with h2. The tt2 also provides me with a platform to experiment with any headphone of any type iem's to power hungry monsters. The pm1 is no abyss but it is a flagship in it's own right and i stick to it for build quality and gorgeous sound and it will be a collectors item in the future as oppo no longer make them. Finally if i trade in my h2 i get 100 percent back making the difference to get a tt2 much smaller. I started this project and finishing with a tt2/hms would be fantastic and very special indeed from every perspective. The versatility of tt2 is not even matched by dave so no wonder Rob envisioned the tt2 as all things for all men. As a base for headphone experimenting it would also keep the hobby alive and give me new goals to aim for. These are my reasonings. The pm1 is very transparent at 1100 pounds read Amos's review.......

Last edited:
Nov 1, 2018 at 1:59 AM Post #2,273 of 18,907
I think calling investing in a tt2 wasteful doesn't apply to me here at least. I've come as far as the h2/mscaler and i feel the tt2 would compliment the mscaler perfectly stacked on top and giving me a warmer more transparent sound. I like the fact i can just switch the tt2 off at the mains which i can't do with h2. The tt2 also provides me with a platform to experiment with any headphone of any type iem's to power hungry monsters. The pm1 is no abyss but it is a flagship in it's own right and i stick to it for build quality and gorgeous sound and it will be a collectors item in the future as oppo no longer make them. Finally if i trade in my h2 i get 100 percent back making the difference to get a tt2 much smaller. I started this project and finishing with a tt2/hms would be fantastic and very special indeed from every perspective. The versatility of tt2 is not even matched by dave no wonder Rob envisioned the tt2 as all things for all men. As a base for headphone experimenting it would also keep the hobby alive and give me new goals to aim for. These are my reasonings. The pm1 is very transparent at 1100 pounds read Amos's review.......

Just trying to help mate, thinking that you might not even be hearing the full effect of Hugo2 + Mscaler at the moment and then adding an even better source with less to hear. Even though i unsderstand a TT2 would be a better foundation for the future just seems a bit strange to me when you could just shoot to the top and get a Meze Empyrean instead.

Almost £8,000 on DAC+ up scaler but £870 on headphone

Last edited:
Nov 1, 2018 at 2:08 AM Post #2,274 of 18,907
To start with the oppo pm1 is one headphone and i do plan on more as and when i can afford them. Secondly the pm1 is a flagship headphone selling at 1100 pounds and extremely transparent with stellar reviews across the board especially unmatched build quality. It doesn't compete with abyss maybe but when i demo'ed it against utopia not much in it really. The oppo pm1 is the first portable high quality planar. See Amos's video review under pm1 reviews. It's not the best by any means but it certainly does full justice to my h2/hms and would do as well if i added a tt2 so i really don't know what evidence you are using to knock it? Purely the "lower" cost? Also don't forget there are many dave/pm1 users who report great synergy and an even greater number of listeners using this combo who just enjoy music and don't participate in headfi or the like. Chord even use the smaller oppo pm3 on their facebook marketing pages.

Last edited:
Nov 1, 2018 at 3:25 AM Post #2,276 of 18,907
Secondly the pm1 is a flagship headphone selling at 1100 pounds and extremely transparent with stellar reviews across the board especially unmatched build quality.
Are the Oppo headphones still available? I thought Oppo Digital had closed manufacture of new products.

EDIT: I see there are still one or two available if you look around.

Last edited:
Nov 1, 2018 at 3:25 AM Post #2,277 of 18,907
Deftone, I am inclined to agree with you Sir, Music-kid is determined to defy gravity and continue his slippage up the Chord ladder.

Music-Kid, why not do some more auditions at your dealer to help you decide before shelling out.

I have bought some new desktop gear recently and am now even more determined to stay on the more practical and portable side of this ever growing cavernous crack-pot hobby of ours! :smile_phones:

Nov 1, 2018 at 7:24 AM Post #2,278 of 18,907
Just got myself a black Hugo M-Scaler to complement my TT2; can't wait! Pics will come w/ my TT2 as soon as I get it.

Nov 1, 2018 at 8:40 AM Post #2,279 of 18,907
Is it just demo models currently available? Listening to one now, at home.

Nov 1, 2018 at 9:22 AM Post #2,280 of 18,907
I heard from at least two different sources that the sq of the TT2 is lacking in comparison to the Dave. Can adding the m scaler to TT2 remedy the problem? I know I have to listen to believe it but something tells me that the DAC portion of the TT2 would be the bottleneck no matter what kind of signal you feed it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back