Hugo TT 2 by Chord Electronics - The Official Thread
Oct 28, 2018 at 9:31 AM Post #2,236 of 18,905
As my beloved oppo pm1 is a planar that is easy to drive i'm wondering whether i should call it a day with h2/hms and just get on with enjoying the music and whether pursuing a tt2 is not something i need to do. My silver hugo 2 looks so damn good lit up with different colours at dawn while i await my mscaler to arrive back from it's infra red fix tomorrow. Listening to kenny g brazilian nights minus hms is so damn good anyway. With hms added have i achieved my goal of acquiring tools that enable me to fully enjoy a wide catalogue of digital music streams. I don't need a collection of headphones. I also wonder what my amphenol rf cables will add to the mix. With a tt2 i may then need more headphones. If one is on a tight budget when does one pull out of what is potentially an endless quest. By appreciating both the tt2 and h2 as separate entities and not competing rivals things appear different. Had i purchased difficult to drive planars maybe things would be different too. Maybe in the morning my tt2 quest will be the one to aim for by xmas or maybe not.:thinking:

MK, I think you will want to audition the TT2 in your system. It sounds like in addition to the tap-length differences in Rob’s DACs which account for their technical abilities, there are also tonality differences due to different OP stage configurations. I don’t know if these are intentional or derive from other considerations like power and form factor. But, I do know I did prefer the tonality of the Mojo - by quite a bit actually - to the Hugo2. I’ve pre-ordered the TT2, so hoping (and without hearing it “sounds” like from the reports) it will be a winner for me. I do have hard-to-drive HP and also want to drive efficient speakers, so those are also considerations. But, primarily it’s the tonality for me, then the technicals (transparency, etc.).

Oct 28, 2018 at 11:36 AM Post #2,237 of 18,905
When I get my hugo TT 2 I want to connect my speakers and Rel sub to it but not sure the best way of doing it, speakers on wall so maybe a small cable with male banana plugs into the speakers then female coming out so I can swap over when I want to watch films through my Arcam avr 850 but the Rel sub is what I'm not sure of, I know how to connect it but I'm gonna have to solder it and I hate soldering.Can you get XLR to banana plug female from the Hugo TT 2?

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2018 at 12:58 PM Post #2,238 of 18,905
A few pictures of the TT2 from Chord day at HiFi Lounge yesterday.

Silver & black together, someone was asking?

1810 Hifi Lounge14a.jpg

1810 Hifi Lounge15a.jpg

1810 Hifi Lounge13a.jpg

Oct 28, 2018 at 2:05 PM Post #2,241 of 18,905
Nice to meet you Andrew even though I couldn't get a word in edge ways to talk to Rob, he's my mate your just a customer lol

Haha, was discussing Vietnam and Singapore where we going on Boxing Day, as he was packing his suitcase. Given some good info, very knowledgeable on many topics!

Good to meet you and the missus.

Oct 28, 2018 at 2:32 PM Post #2,242 of 18,905
Haha, was discussing Vietnam and Singapore where we going on Boxing Day, as he was packing his suitcase. Given some good info, very knowledgeable on many topics!

Good to meet you and the missus.
Oh right so you had a good chat with him then?I would of had a good chat with him too but the traffic was murder.Andrew are you going to nintronics for his presentation, just so you know it's Dec the 24 th nightmare of a date to go

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2018 at 2:42 PM Post #2,243 of 18,905
Oh right so you had a good chat with him then?I would of had a good chat with him too but the traffic was murder.Andrew are you going to nintronics for his presentation, just so you know it's Dec the 24 th nightmare of a date to go
imagine the christmas eve sale deal tho.... rob watts giving the talk, john franks as santa, nintronics the elves :)

Oct 28, 2018 at 2:45 PM Post #2,244 of 18,905

No, I probably be packing for my holiday, so as to have Christmas Day free. Good that Rob and Chord visiting these smaller dealers, and giving a chance to customers to hear ‘from the horses mouth’! You going?

Oct 28, 2018 at 2:56 PM Post #2,245 of 18,905
No, I probably be packing for my holiday, so as to have Christmas Day free. Good that Rob and Chord visiting these smaller dealers, and giving a chance to customers to hear ‘from the horses mouth’! You going?

You think @Rob Watts could show up at a smaller dealer in Atlanta on November 15th?

Oct 28, 2018 at 3:28 PM Post #2,248 of 18,905
It's America mate,it's costly for Chord,bullet proof vests and bodyguards cost a fortune

You know Americans and our guns! I actually need to go install a red dot sight on my rifle, totally not kidding.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back