Hugo TT 2 by Chord Electronics - The Official Thread
Nov 2, 2018 at 12:48 PM Post #2,326 of 18,905
IMG_20181102_164249.jpg

Nov 2, 2018 at 12:55 PM Post #2,327 of 18,905
Glad yours has arrived, Paul. I’ve been listening to mine pretty much non-stop. One thing I have just discovered: I was expecting the volume to easily push my LCD-4s, but I wasn’t finding this. High or low gain, seemed to make little difference. I felt sure Hugo 2 was more capable than this. Then, when I unplugged the ‘phones, TT 2 entered ‘DAC’ mode. So, I changed it to ‘AMP’ mode then plugged the ‘phones back in. Voila, normal service has resumed .
I don’t quite understand why it would behave in this way, but anyway, glad I found it!
Masses of oomph for the LCD-4s now

Last edited:
Nov 2, 2018 at 1:00 PM Post #2,328 of 18,905
Glad yours has arrived, Paul. I’ve been listening to mine pretty much non-stop. One thing I have just discovered: I was expecting the volume to easily push my LCD-4s, but I wasn’t finding this. High or low gain, seemed to make little difference. I felt sure Hugo 2 was more capable than this. Then, when I unplugged the ‘phones, TT 2 entered ‘DAC’ mode. So, I changed it to ‘AMP’ mode then plugged the ‘phones back in. Voila, normal service has resumed .
I don’t quite understand why it would behave in this way, but anyway, glad I found it!
Masses of oomph for the LCD-4s now
I'll do the same mate nice one,Tony what do I have the setting on high or low gain for my headphones? ?

Nov 2, 2018 at 1:06 PM Post #2,329 of 18,905
I'll do the same mate nice one,Tony what do I have the setting on high or low gain for my headphones? ?
I don’t think it matters too much. Some say that high gain sounds better, even with sensitive headphones. I’m not sure about that, but I think I’ll just stick to high gain even when using my PM-1s. I hope you’re enjoying your new toy. I know I am :)

Nov 2, 2018 at 1:18 PM Post #2,332 of 18,905
OMG this totally destroys the hugo 2,it's so powerful, I had to go two notches down on my Rel sub, I'm using dac mode to my Arcam Avr 850 and I swear I feel like my speakers have grown into big floor standers, its wall to wall sound pressure, it just pins me to my seat! !Tried my beyerdynamic Dt 1990 and I've never heard a pair of headphones sound so clear and the power, bass is so so powerful but deep with no bloat, haven't tried my Aeon open on them yet,not had it on an hour yet, I think the chord dacs need at least an hour when new to sound right.You have got to hear headphones through this amazing piece of kit it's mind boggling

Last edited:
Nov 2, 2018 at 1:20 PM Post #2,333 of 18,905
Yes mate I've got the oppo 205 for films

The 205 is its a fantastic disc spinner love mine its currently used or films and 2 channel audio but seriously thinking of the TT2 I also run a sensitive speaker set up so potentially the TT2 would drive my 100dB open baffle speaker set up with easy Really hoping as more of the TT2's get delivered we will start to see some a good bit of feed back for those who are trying this.

Have fun with the TT2 you'll probably be up into the small hours. :beerchug:

Nov 2, 2018 at 1:43 PM Post #2,336 of 18,905
The 205 is its a fantastic disc spinner love mine its currently used or films and 2 channel audio but seriously thinking of the TT2 I also run a sensitive speaker set up so potentially the TT2 would drive my 100dB open baffle speaker set up with easy Really hoping as more of the TT2's get delivered we will start to see some a good bit of feed back for those who are trying this.

Have fun with the TT2 you'll probably be up into the small hours. :beerchug:
From the picture I'm running in my beyerdynamic Dt 1990 through the 205,but the Hugo TT 2 is in a totally different league and trust me it's night and day difference, Oppo 205 great for films and concerts but I'll only listen to music through the hugo TT 2 now

Nov 2, 2018 at 1:47 PM Post #2,338 of 18,905
The softness and warmth of 320k MP3/AAC is much more apparent via TT2 and M scaler. I don't use it as a serious source, but it's good for trying new music.

Single drivers are much more transparent, but also have clear frequency response issues, and can sound a bit more distorted; bass is their weakness.

I found my B and W 803D3 is loud enough with the 7W RMS SE OP. The good thing about TT2 is it has enough current reserves and linearity to drive difficult loads (that is loads that has impedance dropping to 3 ohms like the 803).
Thank you ! The 320 kbps songs will stay only inside the Revo internet radio then :)

Nov 2, 2018 at 1:49 PM Post #2,339 of 18,905

Users who are viewing this thread

Back