Huge Comparison of [almost] all the Best Bluetooth Headphones - post your own comparisons here
Jan 7, 2022 at 9:38 AM Post #3,586 of 3,643
So, I want to give you a small review/recommendation: WYZE Headphones

I tried these a few months ago, but didn't really need them at the time (I already had another pair).

Well, the headphones were on sale a few weeks ago for $50 USD, so I sold my headphones previous headphones to afford them. You probably will call me dumb, but I sold my Sony WH-1000XM3 for $150 USD to buy 2 pairs of these Wyze ones.

I actually prefer the Wyze over my Sony ones for several reasons:

- The ANC doesn't have the small hiss as the XM3
- I prefer the combination of physical buttons and touch panel over touch-only on the XM3
- I personally prefer the round look over the oval look
- The auto-pause and auto-play feature is fantastic (not available on the XM3)
- The multipoint feature is great too. No need to have two pairs of headsets at the office

The sound is actually quite good, specially for the price. You can adjust the equalizer in the WYZE app, but out of the box they are pretty well balanced. I would say the sound quality is 90% as my previous Sony ones but only because the Sony have LDAC support and the WYZE do not. But the small details like the auto-pause and auto-play feature, multipoint support, and small details like those, it is more enjoyable for me to use the WYZE ones over the XM3.

https://wyze.com/wyze-headphones.html

Last edited:
Jan 7, 2022 at 10:23 AM Post #3,587 of 3,643
no ldac and only SBC, AAC, aint for me. The soundcore Q35 is a great headphone and won't break the bank and has ldac, i tried all of the sony line and loved the q35 over them for sound. The app is super as well.

Feb 16, 2022 at 2:03 PM Post #3,588 of 3,643
Sound wise, the xm4 isn't even close. Xm4 looks cooler, and has better ANC, but from a purely SQ perspective, the Aonic 50 destroys it, and I don't even like the signature of the 50. I'm a basshead. The new Yamaha ANC headphone has the best bass I have ever heard, but the details weren't there, which is unfortunate. Wasted potential there. I have to turn the bass waaay up on the 50. It's more traditional audiophile tuning. Every time I come back to it, I am surprised how good it is. Give it a shot. Again, I am talking purely detail and SQ, not tuning or other markers like effectiveness of ANC. Sony wins that for sure.
@JoshG1217 Hi Josh. Majorly looking for a ANC headphone with good sound and build quality for music/movies and mic quality office calls. Didn't really like the Sony's. I'm confused between the Shure AONIC 50 (lack of bass?) and Yamaha YHL700A (lack of details?). How much would you rate the bass for Shure? Something which we could tune to improve the bass?

Listening to the recording of this YouTube video between 3.00 - 3.20 and reading your comment, looks like Yamaha might not be good choice? OR is it something which we could tune?

Feb 16, 2022 at 2:12 PM Post #3,589 of 3,643
@JoshG1217 Hi Josh. Majorly looking for a ANC headphone with good sound and build quality for music/movies and mic quality office calls. Didn't really like the Sony's. I'm confused between the Shure AONIC 50 (lack of bass?) and Yamaha YHL700A (lack of details?). How much would you rate the bass for Shure? Something which we could tune to improve the bass?

Listening to the recording of this YouTube video between 3.00 - 3.20 and reading your comment, looks like Yamaha might not be good choice? OR is it something which we could tune?
I might try the phiaton legacy 900. Priced really well, detailed and has enough bass. I've been going side by side with phiaton shure and yamaha. The ohiaton look like the Sony, had the best anc of the three and is just an underrated headphone. For the money, I'd recommend that one. Yamaha is decent, but overpriced by about $200

Feb 16, 2022 at 2:31 PM Post #3,590 of 3,643
I might try the phiaton legacy 900. Priced really well, detailed and has enough bass. I've been going side by side with phiaton shure and yamaha. The ohiaton look like the Sony, had the best anc of the three and is just an underrated headphone. For the money, I'd recommend that one. Yamaha is decent, but overpriced by about $200
Unfortunately, Phiaton is not available/quite tough to get in India. At this point Yamaha YHL700A costs $100 more than the Shure here in India. I don't mind investing the extra $100, but didn't want to be disappointed with the sound quality, hence checking with experienced users.

Worth investing in Yamaha or the Shure's? Sound Quality and call quality are the priority. Next comes ANC; certainly Sony/Bose wins ANC. Not sure if Shure/Yamaha's ANC is that bad like few have claimed to be. Don't really care if it pauses or not if I remove the headphone.

Couple of ANC references: Yamaha ANC, time 7.50 - 8.40 || Shure ANC, 11.14 - 13.10

Feb 16, 2022 at 2:33 PM Post #3,591 of 3,643
Unfortunately, Phiaton is not available/quite tough to get in India. At this point Yamaha YHL700A costs $100 more than the Shure here in India. I don't mind investing the extra $100, but didn't want to be disappointed with the sound quality, hence checking with experienced users.

Worth investing in Yamaha or the Shure's? Sound Quality and call quality are the priority. Next comes ANC; certainly Sony/Bose wins ANC. Not sure if Shure/Yamaha's ANC is that bad like few have claimed to be. Don't really care if it pauses or not if I remove the headphone.

Couple of ANC references: Yamaha ANC, time 7.50 - 8.40 || Shure ANC, 11.14 - 13.10
I'll do some more a and b with yamaha and sure and get back to you

Feb 17, 2022 at 12:59 PM Post #3,592 of 3,643

I'd really really recommend trying them out in person. I read so much about loads of headphones before going out and spending a few days trying them all and very rarely did my experience with them match up with what I had read about them prior.

And there were things I noticed that no one mentioned despite spending about a month researching all the models.

Feb 17, 2022 at 1:29 PM Post #3,593 of 3,643
I'd really really recommend trying them out in person. I read so much about loads of headphones before going out and spending a few days trying them all and very rarely did my experience with them match up with what I had read about them prior.

And there were things I noticed that no one mentioned despite spending about a month researching all the models.
You and I are sort of in a similar boat! Have you finalized yours, yet? I have had the opportunity to test the likes of Sony, Bose and JBL. Bose was the decent one out of the lot; JBL Tour one was horrible, slightly better was Sony and then Bose better than Sony. There are no exclusive or multi-brand stores that have the Yamaha or Shure pieces. It's completely through online, except for couple of cities where the dealers/distributors are located. That's the practical issue with Yamaha and Shure... Shure has a 2-year warranty here in India.

Feb 17, 2022 at 1:39 PM Post #3,594 of 3,643
So, I want to give you a small review/recommendation: WYZE Headphones

I tried these a few months ago, but didn't really need them at the time (I already had another pair).

Well, the headphones were on sale a few weeks ago for $50 USD, so I sold my headphones previous headphones to afford them. You probably will call me dumb, but I sold my Sony WH-1000XM3 for $150 USD to buy 2 pairs of these Wyze ones.

I actually prefer the Wyze over my Sony ones for several reasons:

- The ANC doesn't have the small hiss as the XM3
- I prefer the combination of physical buttons and touch panel over touch-only on the XM3
- I personally prefer the round look over the oval look
- The auto-pause and auto-play feature is fantastic (not available on the XM3)
- The multipoint feature is great too. No need to have two pairs of headsets at the office

The sound is actually quite good, specially for the price. You can adjust the equalizer in the WYZE app, but out of the box they are pretty well balanced. I would say the sound quality is 90% as my previous Sony ones but only because the Sony have LDAC support and the WYZE do not. But the small details like the auto-pause and auto-play feature, multipoint support, and small details like those, it is more enjoyable for me to use the WYZE ones over the XM3.

https://wyze.com/wyze-headphones.html
Mids suckout, and ANC is just ok level. You get what you get for the price. https://www.rtings.com/headphones/reviews/wyze/noise-cancelling-headphones-wireless

For me, ANC is very up there and good enough tonality that I can adjust with EQ. It must have top ANC. Majority of crap out there sucks for ANC. ANC is the only feature that pulls me with BT stuff due to it's practicality.

Last edited:
Feb 17, 2022 at 3:10 PM Post #3,595 of 3,643
Did some A/B with Yamaha and Phiaton. Yamaha wins

Feb 18, 2022 at 3:11 AM Post #3,597 of 3,643
You and I are sort of in a similar boat! Have you finalized yours, yet? I have had the opportunity to test the likes of Sony, Bose and JBL. Bose was the decent one out of the lot; JBL Tour one was horrible, slightly better was Sony and then Bose better than Sony. There are no exclusive or multi-brand stores that have the Yamaha or Shure pieces. It's completely through online, except for couple of cities where the dealers/distributors are located. That's the practical issue with Yamaha and Shure... Shure has a 2-year warranty here in India.

Nope, i'm holding off because there wasn't really anything that was worth buying. So I'm sticking to my TWS IEMs and M40x for now until something better comes along.

The Boses I didn't like the sound of and also they released an update that worsened one of their previous model's ANC performance so I don't really trust them.

The Sonys I didn't find comfortable. The plastic bracket thing just above where the headband slides in dug into the corners of my head. Plus, again, didn't like the sound.

The JBLs I liked the sound of, but they were heavy and felt cheap.

I guess for Shure, you're looking at the Aonic 50 or 40 right? The 50 was one of the better ones I tried, but still just wasn't really right for me. They were very bulky, huge case, and the ear cups were surprisingly small and stuffy.

Feb 18, 2022 at 3:51 AM Post #3,598 of 3,643
Nope, i'm holding off because there wasn't really anything that was worth buying. So I'm sticking to my TWS IEMs and M40x for now until something better comes along.

The Boses I didn't like the sound of and also they released an update that worsened one of their previous model's ANC performance so I don't really trust them.

The Sonys I didn't find comfortable. The plastic bracket thing just above where the headband slides in dug into the corners of my head. Plus, again, didn't like the sound.

The JBLs I liked the sound of, but they were heavy and felt cheap.

I guess for Shure, you're looking at the Aonic 50 or 40 right? The 50 was one of the better ones I tried, but still just wasn't really right for me. They were very bulky, huge case, and the ear cups were surprisingly small and stuffy.
Yes, looking at the Aonic 50! I'm fine with their size or the large case. As long as they sound good, last long and good for calls, I'm fine.

BTW, ATH M50BT was also a good option I guess. But lack of ANC is a bummer..

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2022 at 9:34 AM Post #3,599 of 3,643
Yes, looking at the Aonic 50! I'm fine with their size or the large case. As long as they sound good, last long and good for calls, I'm fine.

BTW, ATH M50BT was also a good option I guess. But lack of ANC is a bummer..

They sounded good, if a little plain. Not particularly exciting but apparently according to others (I didn't notice) they're very detailed.

Feb 19, 2022 at 1:36 PM Post #3,600 of 3,643
They sounded good, if a little plain. Not particularly exciting but apparently according to others (I didn't notice) they're very detailed.
Did some more comparisons with yamaha yh-l700a. Yamaha beats sure. It's overpriced at 499 and I don't like the buttons but it has good detail, good bass, is attractive and well made. The 3d effects sound like crap for music but are good for gaming.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back