Huge Comparison of [almost] all the Best Bluetooth Headphones - post your own comparisons here
Sep 5, 2018 at 1:38 PM Post #3,391 of 3,643
i guys, i have 400Euros to spend and i want the best wireless headphone possibile at that price. I tried the nuraphone but they were too unconftable to wear. At the moment i have the aventho and they good but...the on-ear pads are not the best in terms of confort. can you guys help me? my reference headphone are de HD600 and the Phidelio X2. I have also a pair of fidelio m2bt but i want something.."more" in terms of confort and sound quality. I'm open to suggestions

Sep 5, 2018 at 2:17 PM Post #3,392 of 3,643
i guys, i have 400Euros to spend and i want the best wireless headphone possibile at that price. I tried the nuraphone but they were too unconftable to wear. At the moment i have the aventho and they good but...the on-ear pads are not the best in terms of confort. can you guys help me? my reference headphone are de HD600 and the Phidelio X2. I have also a pair of fidelio m2bt but i want something.."more" in terms of confort and sound quality. I'm open to suggestions
Take a look at Sennheiser Momentum Wireless. New Sony WH-1000XM3 seems to be promising too but probably far away from your reference HD600. I own and like Beyerdynamic Amiron Wireless but it's over 400 Euro.

Sep 5, 2018 at 2:59 PM Post #3,393 of 3,643
Take a look at Sennheiser Momentum Wireless. New Sony WH-1000XM3 seems to be promising too but probably far away from your reference HD600. I own and like Beyerdynamic Amiron Wireless but it's over 400 Euro.

I'm very temped by the 1000xm3, they look fine and seems comfortable. Have you had the chance to listen to the aventho and compare to the amiron?

Sep 5, 2018 at 3:15 PM Post #3,394 of 3,643
I actually owned Aventho but upgraded to Amiron. Aventho is very nice but not as comfortable. Sound wise Amiron is a little bit more relaxed but they are similar. i ware glasses and an on-ear design of Aventho was not so good, my ears hurted after 30 minutes or so.

Last edited:
Sep 5, 2018 at 3:34 PM Post #3,395 of 3,643
I actually owned Aventho but upgraded to Amiron. Aventho is very nice but not as comfortable. Sound wise Amiron is a little bit more relaxed but they are similar. i ware glasses and an on-ear design of Aventho was not so good, my ears hurted after 30 minutes or so.
i'm feeling the same with aventho. i'm quite liking the sound, but my ears are in pain! i got them for 230euro...at this price would you send them back? i'm very doubtful

Sep 5, 2018 at 4:32 PM Post #3,397 of 3,643
in the value for money department i always have to mention the deftech symphony 1 which is old and has quite a few weird quirks but for 150usd is a steal.
+ good and neutral sound
+ aptx (low latency)
+ the most comfortable ear cushions
+ sturdy as hell
+ good range
+ usb wired listening on pc eg (have own dac?)
+ passive mode (3.5mm jack)
+ anc doesnt turn off after a given time (you can listen to 'silence', great counter to noisy neighbour syndrome)
+ very unique, elegant design.

+- anc not bad but not that as good either as the sony/bose solutions
+- mediocre battery life
+- no apps, i like that but you might miss that
+-support. +: many people on the homepage and on amazon appreciated the support (problem? no problem, exchange!) -: they havent take the time to answer my question about warranty even for the 3rd time. -: the page of the product doesnt even exist on the manufacturers site?!? REALLY?!?
+- 6 buttons, might be some time to get used to it but after that its very comfortable to use.

- big, not foldable. not for travel
- no fw updates
- stupid thing 1: the worst THE WORST quality system sounds youve ever heard (and, depending on your setup, too loud)
- stupid thing 2. the sound that warns that battery is low is too loud, too long and of bad quality - and ive measured, after that you still have 5+ hours of anc wireless listening. this is a case of 'r u fing kidding me?'
- for the first week though the cups were VERY comfortable the headband actually hurt the top of my head. it might be my problem as the band is quite nicely cushioned. no problem since, i have 3 wireless headphones, and this is my primary one.

i wouldnt recommend them to many people for travelling (though i DID to my cousin, who wears their cans on his neck while traveling so they dont hamper him too much), as they are bulky and not foldable and have an inferior battery life (still enough for 1 day) compared to competitors. id recommend them for home use - proper anc, great sq, aptx ll, good range.
on the other hand they boast aptx ll and that gives you a hq lag-free listenig experience. and a big+ that in my opinion if the battery lasts, the cans last - they more or less seem indestructible...

for 500usd (their original asking price) they were a joke (momentum?). for 150usd they are a steal.

Sep 6, 2018 at 8:28 AM Post #3,398 of 3,643
If you expect any wireless headphones to sound like the HD600 you will be very disappointed. I have had my HD600 for about ten years, and currently I have a Beoplay H7 and a B&W PX. None of these sound like the HD600 and they are among the best wireless headphones available. I would suggest trying to get a great pair at much less than $500, and rather expect to replace them in one to two year time, as lossless bluetooth protocols become the norm and someone brings open-back wireless headphones to the market.

Sep 6, 2018 at 9:05 AM Post #3,399 of 3,643
If you expect any wireless headphones to sound like the HD600 you will be very disappointed. I have had my HD600 for about ten years, and currently I have a Beoplay H7 and a B&W PX. None of these sound like the HD600 and they are among the best wireless headphones available. I would suggest trying to get a great pair at much less than $500, and rather expect to replace them in one to two year time, as lossless bluetooth protocols become the norm and someone brings open-back wireless headphones to the market.
hi iampvot. I'm aware that is impossbile to have the sound of hd600 on bluetooth...but im looking for an headphone thak i can use aroud home and while travelling and that can in some way resemble that perfect( for me) sound. I tried the nuraphone and the aventho and i quite enjoed them, but the confort was just..terrible. So i am looking for an over ear with a good clarity and not lacking in bass. Someone had the chance to listen to the focal listen or the noontec hammo wireless?

Nov 7, 2018 at 7:03 PM Post #3,400 of 3,643
Sorry, revisiting this thread after many years now (last time I was looking at wireless bluetooth headphones was 2014 when I checked out about a dozen).

My main problem with over-the-ear phones is either my ears are just too weird (too big? I didn't think so and I didn't think they stuck out too far) or they don't make these right but it took me forever to find ones that didn't hurt me. I finally (again, after trying EVERYTHING that was on the market four years ago -- Amazon actually warned me I was returning too much stuff) ended up with the Fidelio X1. Yes, I know, not BT but I used a BT adapter on them and they sound great.

But I missed a truly portable solution, so now I'm back. Have things changed much in the last four years? I really liked the on-ear Bose back then, but they ended up skipping on me all the time when playing from my iPhone and it was a problem a lot of folks reported. I don't much like the way their new on-ear BT phones look, but their over the ear ones look nice. Anyone have a comfort issue with them?

I don't need absolute fidelity -- right now I'm using earpods -- but I'd like something that sounds a bit nicer for my workouts or when I'm waiting in a doctor's office (at my age I do a lot of that). So I'd appreciate any advice on what to try now (again, I don't need to spend a ton -- would like to keep it under $400 if possible -- but it needs COMFORT more than anything).

Nov 7, 2018 at 8:44 PM Post #3,401 of 3,643
Sorry, revisiting this thread after many years now (last time I was looking at wireless bluetooth headphones was 2014 when I checked out about a dozen)....
Sony WH1000xM3, stunningly good headphones, comfortable as all get out. They need a very simple bass cut via EQ, but once done they are simply my very favorite sounding Bluetooth headphone ever. Very, very nice sounding, incredible actually (after cutting some bass out).

Nov 7, 2018 at 9:01 PM Post #3,402 of 3,643
Thanks! I really appreciate this heads up (they didn't even show up on the lists I was looking at, they are so new). After reading the reviews these certainly sound (no pun intended) like I should check them out (I'm putting these and the Bose on my "Black Friday" watchlist just in case I find any deals).

Nov 11, 2018 at 7:11 PM Post #3,403 of 3,643
Has anyone had any experience or recomendations for a good BT cable for a 0.78 2 pin (non-bluetooth) IEM?

I had considered something like the Earstudio ES100, but I thought a more compact BT cable/adaptor might be better than having to deal with being stuck with, and having to deal with the long cable that comes with the IEM.

Nov 14, 2018 at 4:56 AM Post #3,405 of 3,643
What would be a good set for work, that don't require noise cancelling function, are comfy and portable, nice sound and a good battery life?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back