Huge Comparison of [almost] all the Best Bluetooth Headphones - post your own comparisons here
Nov 17, 2016 at 7:22 PM Post #2,821 of 3,643
Nice, yes the H7 is a good comparison to make. I think you will really like both, but I think the P7 has the edge as it is a really engaging sound signature. However, the H7 has solid bass as well, a little less impactful, but it is less pronounced so for anybody who finds the bass too much on the P7 the H7 may be worth a try.

I just got the P7 wireless and connected it, but I'm getting so much disturbance with Azio v401. I don't think it is running in aptx mode. I have no idea what's up, and it's driving me nuts. Shows the profile is A2DP in csr bluetooth, but so much disturbance/static.. Any ideas? I have the bluetooth adapter out in the open so nothing in between the adapter and headphones :confused_face:

Nov 17, 2016 at 8:17 PM Post #2,822 of 3,643
I just got the P7 wireless and connected it, but I'm getting so much disturbance with Azio v401. I don't think it is running in aptx mode. I have no idea what's up, and it's driving me nuts. Shows the profile is A2DP in csr bluetooth, but so much disturbance/static.. Any ideas? I have the bluetooth adapter out in the open so nothing in between the adapter and headphones
confused_face.gif

I hate to say it, but that may mean a bad adapter. I'm not sure if other wireless traffic can be an issue so are you in a place with quite a bit of wireless activity? I have never had any issue with any Bluetooth device before so sadly I'm no good at trouble shooting as a result. I know I have used my Azio adapter on three different computers with not a problem. Sorry to hear that, and good luck.

Have you used the P7 with another Bluetooth device? If it worked fine we can likely eliminate it as the problem.

Nov 17, 2016 at 8:22 PM Post #2,823 of 3,643
I have never had any issue with any Bluetooth device before so sadly I'm no good at trouble shooting as a result. 

My MacBook Pro's wi-fi causes so much trouble with Bluetooth interference it's impossible to use the P7's and the MBP until I switch the MBP wifi from 2.4ghz to 5ghz, then all  is well...
2.4ghz wifi and Bluetooth are very close (same?) to the same frequency band. 
First thing to try is disable wifi

Nov 17, 2016 at 8:25 PM Post #2,824 of 3,643

My MacBook Pro's wi-fi causes so much trouble with Bluetooth interference it's impossible to use the P7's and the MBP until I switch the MBP wifi from 2.4ghz to 5ghz, then all  is well...
2.4ghz wifi and Bluetooth are very close (same?) to the same frequency band. 
First thing to try is disable wifi

That makes sense. I often put my home devices on the 5Ghz network to avoid conflicting traffic. You lose some range, but often that isn't an issue.

Nov 18, 2016 at 2:09 AM Post #2,825 of 3,643
I hate to say it, but that may mean a bad adapter. I'm not sure if other wireless traffic can be an issue so are you in a place with quite a bit of wireless activity? I have never had any issue with any Bluetooth device before so sadly I'm no good at trouble shooting as a result. I know I have used my Azio adapter on three different computers with not a problem. Sorry to hear that, and good luck.

Have you used the P7 with another Bluetooth device? If it worked fine we can likely eliminate it as the problem.

No issue with my Samsung Galaxy s6. Sounds awesome!

Now, I am going to have to figure out adapter issue. I got it for $8 so no point in returning when shipping back would cost $5 lol. I might need to get a different adapter that has A2DP support with APTX to be able to use it with Skype on my pc like a headset.. Maybe Sennheiser BTD800. /shrugs

Nov 20, 2016 at 10:23 AM Post #2,827 of 3,643
Can anyone confirm if the Sony XA is aptx capable?

I don't see it listed on the AptX product site under Sony headphones and the new 1000X is there, but sometimes the AptX site isn't complete.

Nov 21, 2016 at 2:02 AM Post #2,828 of 3,643
Can anyone confirm if the Sony XA is aptx capable?

For every Sony handset, there is a whitepaper with full specs out there. You have to search for the model name and "whitepaper" and you'll find it. In the past, these documents were often directly linked on the product pages.

For the XA:
http://dl-developer.sonymobile.com/documentation/whitepapers/Xperia_XA_Dual_WP_3.pdf

Under "Categorised feature list", page 6, "Music" column, you see "Bluetooth® stereo (aptX®, A2DP)".

Nov 21, 2016 at 10:37 AM Post #2,830 of 3,643
Has anyone had a problem returning the XTZ Divine? They're supposed to have a 30-day money back guarantee. I decided they were not right for me, I emailed them for a return authorization, they wrote back with suggestions to try to make me happier with them, I wrote back twice to let them know that I'd still like to return them, and I haven't heard back. I'm worried now because my 30 days will be up soon.

(I posted a similar note yesterday in the XTZ topic, but I noticed that's been dormant a long time, and this is actually the thread that turned me on to them.)

Nov 21, 2016 at 6:37 PM Post #2,831 of 3,643
  Has anyone had a problem returning the XTZ Divine? They're supposed to have a 30-day money back guarantee. I decided they were not right for me, I emailed them for a return authorization, they wrote back with suggestions to try to make me happier with them, I wrote back twice to let them know that I'd still like to return them, and I haven't heard back. I'm worried now because my 30 days will be up soon.

(I posted a similar note yesterday in the XTZ topic, but I noticed that's been dormant a long time, and this is actually the thread that turned me on to them.)

Bummer, I have no experience returning mine as I sold them, despite really liking them. What about the Divine isn't working for you?

Nov 21, 2016 at 8:36 PM Post #2,832 of 3,643
  What about the Divine isn't working for you?

The ergonomics/design. I did not find them to fit comfortably, that's always a personal thing. But more universally, I also don't like the volume controls. Once you locate the spot to hit on the headset, you need to push it IN (that is, toward your head), with some force, which I find uncomfortable for changing volume. In addition, it beeps with each button press, including a particularly unpleasant piercing tone when you hit max volume.

As for sound, without the processing (which would still compromise a decent percentage of my listening), I thought they sounded kind of nasal. I assume they sound a whole lot better with their processing, for the times you can use it, but I was not sufficiently motivated to try that, as I had already decided I didn't want to keep them, simply based on the rest of my experience.

If they fit you well, and you will primarily control volume from your source, and will be listening almost always through their processing, sure, I expect that people could be very happy with them, but that doesn't describe me.

Why did you end up selling yours?

Nov 21, 2016 at 8:45 PM Post #2,833 of 3,643

Why did you end up selling yours?

I sold mine for somewhat similar reasons. I agree that without the DSP processing, the sound was not what I enjoyed. I get that they voiced it with the Dirac processing, but I did not like having to use it. The fit was decent, but not great, and the comfort about the same. I ended up moving to the Beoplay H7, and from that to the B&W P7 which is my current choice. I will still be very interested in future XTZ offerings as the Divine was a pretty solid entry, and with the DSP it was quite good.

Nov 22, 2016 at 4:16 AM Post #2,834 of 3,643
Well guys, I got the Beoplay H7 and B&W P7 on hand for 14 days - I have to choose one or the other. I am trying them for next 5 days to break in the padding. Any suggestions on songs to try? I want to compare bass, mids, treble and comfort. Both have top-notch designs so I may not compare the designs.

What else is worth comparing? Neither have ANC BUT I can compare passive noise cancelation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back