Huge Comparison of [almost] all the Best Bluetooth Headphones - post your own comparisons here
Nov 14, 2016 at 9:21 PM Post #2,806 of 3,643
  So, today I had a chance to briefly audition the new wireless B&W P7.  I must say the Bluetooth sound is very impressive.  I agree with what others have reported here about the sound quality.  I found the bass and soundstage to be slightly but noticeably better than the Onkyo H500BT.  The P7 sound is lush and mellow and definitely warm--it was just right for my taste though I could see it might be too much for some. If you prefer a more neutral sound then the Onkyo's are better.  Then there's the value equation:  the P7 retails in the U.S. for $399 compared to $199 for the H500BT.  They are only slightly better sounding than the Onkyo's and definitely not as portable.  The P7 is very stylish though and they appear to have excellent build quality (the H500BT is well-built as well though).

I also quickly compared the wireless P7 on Bluetooth to the previous wired P7 and the wireless P7 sounded much better (even streaming) than the previous one did (wired.) 

I agree with everything you have said, and in terms of bang for the buck, the H500BT is the winner, but just looking at overall sound quality, the P7 wins, but not by a landslide at all, the 500BT really does hold it's own and that is why I remain on the fence about selling it. The 500BT is also very much more portable and for using outdoors in the summer heat it totally is the better choice. I think in the summer the P7 can only be used inside with air conditioning, otherwise I'm sure you would sweat to death.

Nov 15, 2016 at 4:54 PM Post #2,807 of 3,643
Sonic Defender, I just ordered a B&W P7. Should get them by Friday!! :)

I'm trying to figure out whether to order a B&O H7 to compare. Is there another BT headphone worth comparing to B&W P7?? Or is it only B&O H7? I don't want to compare Momentum 2 wireless because I found them too small for my ears when I last had them..

Nov 15, 2016 at 5:24 PM Post #2,808 of 3,643
Why are people comparing the P7 wireless to the H500bt. The P7 is over-ear and the H500bt is on-ear, am i missing something? Wouldn't a better comparison for the H500bt be the P5? Has anyone compared these?

All that said the H500bt sound great but i'm not a fan of the controls. 

Nov 15, 2016 at 6:24 PM Post #2,809 of 3,643
Why are people comparing the P7 wireless to the H500bt. The P7 is over-ear and the H500bt is on-ear, am i missing something? Wouldn't a better comparison for the H500bt be the P5? Has anyone compared these?

All that said the H500bt sound great but i'm not a fan of the controls. 

The comparison has been made because of their very similar sound signature....and the fact that they're currently two of the best sounding bluetooth headphones around at the moment!

The P5's just aren't in the same league sonically to their big brother or the Onkyo's so despite being On Ear there's really no other reason to compare the two.

With regards to the touch controls, while I agree that buttons are generally more favourable I also think the touch controls are quite easy to get used to and the sound quality far outweighs these slight negatives!

Nov 15, 2016 at 6:35 PM Post #2,810 of 3,643
kcaccamise I've noticed you own the M2BT's, how would you compare these to the Onkyo's? I tested the M2BT's a while ago and loved their sound but I experienced issues with their connection! I actually remember them sounding quite similar sounding to the Onkyo's perhaps with a bit more sub bass?

Nov 15, 2016 at 7:46 PM Post #2,811 of 3,643
@Sonic Defender, I just ordered a B&W P7. Should get them by Friday!!
smily_headphones1.gif

I'm trying to figure out whether to order a B&O H7 to compare. Is there another BT headphone worth comparing to B&W P7?? Or is it only B&O H7? I don't want to compare Momentum 2 wireless because I found them too small for my ears when I last had them..

Nice, yes the H7 is a good comparison to make. I think you will really like both, but I think the P7 has the edge as it is a really engaging sound signature. However, the H7 has solid bass as well, a little less impactful, but it is less pronounced so for anybody who finds the bass too much on the P7 the H7 may be worth a try.

Nov 15, 2016 at 7:53 PM Post #2,813 of 3,643
If my phone doesnt has aptx but my headset have,then is Saturn avantree Bluetooth adapter is of any use?

I'm not sure if that would work, in fact I can't imagine how it would work. If there was a way to tell the Android OS to use the adapter Bluetooth for the system rather than the built in Bluetooth. I wonder if you disabled the internal Bluetooth in settings and used the Saturn if the OS could use it? Way beyond my knowledge sorry mate.

Nov 15, 2016 at 9:23 PM Post #2,814 of 3,643
@kcaccamise I've noticed you own the M2BT's, how would you compare these to the Onkyo's? I tested the M2BT's a while ago and loved their sound but I experienced issues with their connection! I actually remember them sounding quite similar sounding to the Onkyo's perhaps with a bit more sub bass?

I haven't had a chance to try the H500bt so i can't do a comparison, sorry.

I also love the sound of the m2bt, but like you i have had some connection issues with my iphone. Sometimes i have to put my apple watch in airplane mode to get them to connect. Other times my phone shows they are connected but doesn't seem to realize they are an audio device. 

All that said if i get a hold of the onkyo's i'll try to do a comparison. I'm not sure i'll like the touch controls. 

Nov 15, 2016 at 11:36 PM Post #2,816 of 3,643
  Anyone try the Meelectronics Matrix3 over ear bluetooth headphones?

HS

Hey, you are still around! Good to see, I swear I haven't run across you anywhere in the forums for at least a year.

Nov 16, 2016 at 4:20 AM Post #2,817 of 3,643
I haven't had a chance to try the H500bt so i can't do a comparison, sorry.

I also love the sound of the m2bt, but like you i have had some connection issues with my iphone. Sometimes i have to put my apple watch in airplane mode to get them to connect. Other times my phone shows they are connected but doesn't seem to realize they are an audio device. 

All that said if i get a hold of the onkyo's i'll try to do a comparison. I'm not sure i'll like the touch controls. 

Oh, it's just in your previous post you mentioned "All that said the H500bt sound great but i'm not a fan of the controls", so I assumed you'd tried them?

I've had no issues with the touch controls; a light swipe up or down and it will change the volume in increments, or a swipe to the side to change tracks, very easy! Or just control from the source. Most importantly they sound great!

Nov 16, 2016 at 4:34 AM Post #2,818 of 3,643
I bought a pair of the SHB9850NC  and the sound quality is absolutely impeccable. However, FOUR weeks into owning them, the hinges started cracking. I've contacted Philips and they are giving me the run-around.

I'd strongly advise anyone looking for BT headphones to steer clear of these! And judging by their aftersales treatment, perhaps stay away from Philips as a whole.

Nov 16, 2016 at 8:27 PM Post #2,820 of 3,643

Hello, SD.  Hope you're doing well.

Yeah....still around.  Just a little more surgical these days on the stuff I read and post as I've gotten my setups to a pretty good place. I hope so at least...LOL.

HS

Well, that is likely much better for your wallet and sanity mate. I have on a few occasions been very happy with what I had, but I just enjoy trying the new signatures so much that I essentially eat the roughly 30% loss when selling gear all the time. It is a money pit for sure, but really a hard one to get out of! So many new toys to try. Sadly at the prices we pay now, it isn't like Pokémon and I can't catch them all. Anyway, good to see you still venture into the community from time to time. Cheers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back