Huge Comparison of [almost] all the Best Bluetooth Headphones - post your own comparisons here
Oct 5, 2016 at 2:30 PM Post #2,686 of 3,643
i got the Onkyos today, they sound decent out of the box im wondering if the burn in at all?  For £135 they are good at £170 RRP i think overpriced and would have been a good buy at £100 which i think is the correct price point.

Good headphones build seems ok but fit seems a little off and for portables the clamp could be a lot better i was constantly readjusting when out walking.  

Overall pleased thanks @Sonic Defender for the recommendation

Oct 5, 2016 at 4:34 PM Post #2,687 of 3,643
  i got the Onkyos today, they sound decent out of the box im wondering if the burn in at all?  For £135 they are good at £170 RRP i think overpriced and would have been a good buy at £100 which i think is the correct price point.

Good headphones build seems ok but fit seems a little off and for portables the clamp could be a lot better i was constantly readjusting when out walking.  

Overall pleased thanks @Sonic Defender for the recommendation

Glad you like them well enough. I do think after you give them a little time you may find them actually a solid sound signature and a great price value. Maybe not, but I hope so. I find the clamp force excellent, but different shaped heads are also a factor. Build is decent, doesn't seem fancy, but they are light and very portable and still well made. My set has held up very well so far and with having had the B&O H7, I do know what you mean about build not feeling premium. For me, the build was quite adequate and in my mind the money went into the internals which is the most important. I found the sound signature really grew on me. They certainly are a contemporary signature in the sense that the bass is elevated, but I found them a well done contemporary.

Anyway, give it a few weeks and then let me know how they have worked out. Cheers, and thanks for letting me know!

Oct 5, 2016 at 5:27 PM Post #2,688 of 3,643
Has anyone used the backbeat pros with aptX Low latency for gaming? Is it playable?

If you get interference does the latency increase then never decrease like regular BT?

I usually play FPS games and regular BT headphones have massive delay after you shoot

Oct 6, 2016 at 4:03 AM Post #2,689 of 3,643

Overall pleased thanks @Sonic Defender
 for the recommendation

Glad you finally got them, did you find them for £135 in the end?

Shame you don't seem to be as impressed with them as I am! Have you been able to compare them with any other Bluetooth offering? I find the sound quality to be on par with some of the very best bluetooth headphones some costing £400!....so I think £135 is pretty amazing! I actually find the signature better than anything available (what I've tested), and they have some the best bass out there too....well rounded, deep but still punchy with no sense of boosting!

While the build may not be of the likes of B&O or B&W etc they're certainly much better than many I've tested, and again for the price I was very pleased.

I've probably got a below average size head and I found the clamping was pretty much perfect....any more and you'd risk discomfort over a prolonged period. They seem to fit my head quite well but as Sonic said we're all very different and some headphones will suit some more than others.

I hope that maybe it's just a case of getting used to them, but maybe you should try a couple of other sets before you lose your return window? I think for the money you'll seriously struggle to find much better!

Oct 6, 2016 at 12:10 PM Post #2,690 of 3,643
i think i was a bit hard on them but i always am with new toys.  I like the sound the bass is good and not overbearing detail is there, not as much as the Sine but more than i expected.

With regards to the build they just feel light and im not used to that and i dont feel i can grab them, feel the need to gently pick up by the head band but i guess they have concentrated on the internals like said above.

Im also a bit weird when it comes to clamp force, ive yet to get a pair i thought were tight enough (Various Senns, PM3s & Sine) i want these things to stick to my head and not move position.

I did audition some others bose which were nice but too expensive and beats, not for me and the momentum 2s but im not a fan of senns so dont want to judge too harshly.

They are not getting returned i like them out the box so that too me is already a plus.  

Oct 6, 2016 at 12:18 PM Post #2,691 of 3,643
So, I went to best buy to buy a friend a couple movies for his bday and felt compelled to go into their magnolia section and see what they had. Sure enough, they had the M2 AEBT. One pair left! Thankfully. Had to pick them up. Just had to. Especially because they have a 15 day no questions asked return policy.

I'm listening now and have been for the last hour so this is going to be a very limited impression, but so far they are pretty fn amazing. The comfort of these bad boys is noticeable right away. No clamping what so ever and the pads are so soft. Plenty of room for my ears, but i guess someone with very large ears could have an issue.

I will say the bass is shocking! I was not expecting that. Not in a bad way and doesn't mess with the mids or anything, just surprising. I was definitely worried about the loudness and let it be known there are no issues with it getting loud enough. Well, I have it maxed on the headphones and probably 80% on my phone and it may just be a tick too loud. Anyone else care to comment where they have their levels?I'm not one to want anything crazy loud or anything but after getting a couple pairs of bluetooth headphones and their extreme lack of volume I now make sure that it isn't an issue going forward. 

Also, the Bluetooth range is great, probably better than the PXC 550. No popping/crackling as of yet. The verdict is still out on the ANC but if you asked my impression as of now, I am not very impressed. The PXC definitely has it beat but that feature is what they're going for.

In comparison to the PXC: Hands down the M2 is certainly more comfortable, way more attractive (these things are gorgeous), better Bluetooth range, audio quality (still early) appears to definitely be better. Also, I hated that on the PXC you had to rotate a cup to turn it on and off. The hinges and the way these collapse seem so solid. They just scream quality. I like how these have actual buttons. The buttons the PXC did have were in the most awkward places (well, at least one was). And I don't care what the PXC users say, any time you put your hand near your ear it would accidentally pause. Not a huge deal but annoying....so, yea, kind of a big deal that you have to avoid putting your hands near that area, lol. Or if you wanted to swipe it was all too easy to pause accidentally first. I think you may get used to it after some time but it was kind of lame. I dig the buttons. 

Man this Bass! Just me surprised here? haha. Bumping it listening to RHCP. So, this is my initial impression, but I am certainly a fan thus far. I will be using these tomorrow at work for sure and over the coming days, so I will have a much better idea of the prolonged comfortability and sound (hoping these improve even more with some burn in time). Has anyone noticed improved audio after X amount of time?

Thanks to everyone for answering my questions prior to this purchase.

Oct 6, 2016 at 12:18 PM Post #2,692 of 3,643
So, after several hours of using them, can anyone comment on the pressure these put on your ears in active mode? I don't mean clamping or pressure from the ear pads but from the ANC....I'm assuming? It's more noticeable when I first put them on but I feel like I could tell after a long work day and having them on for a good percentage of the day. When leaving work I ALMOST felt like I had been on a plane or that my ears had to pop. I am not certain of this and will be able to tell a little better after today, but wanted to put that out there.....aside from that they have been great. 

Can anyone comment?

Oct 12, 2016 at 6:04 PM Post #2,693 of 3,643
I've had the HM5 pads on for several days on my WS99BTs.  They definitely have more bass than the stock pads.  Comfort-wise ... honestly they are both perfectly comfortable, but I can understand why some might prefer the oval shape of the HM5 pads.

I decided to EQ the bass a bit to see how they were with that ... virtually all of the basshead headphones require EQ to really wake up.  They are much improved but there's definitely a lot of bass leaking with the stock pads.  I would say if you are not a basshead (and mostly listening to more bass heavy music as well) then there's no reason to swap the pads.  Now comfort is a different and 100% personal issue.

I'm going to be trying the HM5 leather and velour pads as well, but I understand the leather pads are much sweatier than the pleather.

Oct 13, 2016 at 12:11 AM Post #2,694 of 3,643
I was wondering if anyone has listened to the Phiaton BT460? Im trying to decide between them and the Bose soundlink around-ear wireless headphones ii. They don't sell phiaton anywhere in Australia that i know of so id have to buy from amazon without listening first.

Oct 13, 2016 at 8:20 PM Post #2,695 of 3,643
Hey all,

I'm currently tossing up between the ONKYO H500BT, the Bose QC35 and the AT WS99BT.

I can only personally vouch for the fit and comfort of the Bose unit as they are the only ones available retail where I live. Are the ONKYO and/or AT units similar fit or are they more 'on ear' than 'over ear'?

ONKYO are still quite pricey where I live but the AT's are very cheap compared to the ONKYO and the Bose so I'm basically trying to find out if the AQ and fit are similar/ballpark to the QC35's.

Cheers

Oct 14, 2016 at 1:23 AM Post #2,696 of 3,643
I can vouch for the Onkyos.  Ive had them a couple of weeks and was rather harsh at first but ive grown to really like them the sound quality is really good and quite detailed bass is there but not over bearing.  Ive not tried the AT as they were quite expensive here and not available from Amazon the bose to me sounded like every other bose headphone, nice but something missing.   

Oct 14, 2016 at 4:29 AM Post #2,698 of 3,643
Hey all,

I'm currently tossing up between the ONKYO H500BT, the Bose QC35 and the AT WS99BT.

I can only personally vouch for the fit and comfort of the Bose unit as they are the only ones available retail where I live. Are the ONKYO and/or AT units similar fit or are they more 'on ear' than 'over ear'?

ONKYO are still quite pricey where I live but the AT's are very cheap compared to the ONKYO and the Bose so I'm basically trying to find out if the AQ and fit are similar/ballpark to the QC35's.

Cheers

I can't comment on the Bose as I've not tried them, but out of the AT's and Onkyo's I'd pick the Onkyo's any day of the week!

The AT's really need EQ to sound their best and out of the box I really wasn't impressed, they sounded quite flat and unexciting!

The AT's without the HM5 pads are not as comfy as the Onkyo's imo, but with the HM5's they are truly Over Ear and one of the most comfy bluetooth headphones available.

The Onkyo's imo are truly amazing and certainly my favourite bluetooth headphones to date! They have great detail, a very nice elevated but non encroaching bass and a lovely warmth and richness to them rendering vocals in beautiful way! Here in the UK they're pretty cheap (£135), but for me they still outclass headphones costing 3x the amount so I'd happily pay much more for them! They may not quite have the build quality of some of the more premium models (B&O, B&W) but I was still impressed considering they're price, and in comparison with the AT's the Onkyo's look and feel much better!

Oct 14, 2016 at 4:40 AM Post #2,699 of 3,643
I can vouch for the Onkyos.  Ive had them a couple of weeks and was rather harsh at first but ive grown to really like them the sound quality is really good and quite detailed bass is there but not over bearing.  Ive not tried the AT as they were quite expensive here and not available from Amazon the bose to me sounded like every other bose headphone, nice but something missing.   

I'm really glad to hear you've warmed to the Onkyo's! Like you I'm usually overly critical of anything I buy but by the time I'd come to try the Onkyo's I'd tested so many others that I'd already set myself up for disappointment....I was then incredibly surprised when I put them on and realised just how good they actually were!

Oct 14, 2016 at 8:34 AM Post #2,700 of 3,643
Looks like Audio-Technica has some new lines coming out and they look legit 
gs1000.gif

http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/139156-ditching-the-dac-audio-technica-dsr9bt-bluetooth-headphones-go-all-digital-with-pure-digital-drive-tech

Now we just need more phones with aptx HD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back